Werewolf (9+ player variant)

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Werewolf (9+ player variant)

Postby LOLSHOCK » 25 Jul 2013, 02:00

This is my first time that I have tried GMing something on the forum so I'll stick to quite a simple variant, ok lets do this...

You have taken a break in a countryside holiday resort, all is going well until one day the guests find that one of them has been ripped to shreds in the night. You decide something must be done, you group together and listen to ideas it is decided that everyday you'll give a go at lynching the murderers till you find them.

The Rules:

Quite similar to the normal mafia apart from a few variants:

1) two people will randomly be selected to be blood brothers, these two went on the trip together (but aren't telling the other happy campers). They have a separate victory condition, for them to win they must both be alive on the last turn of the game, one may be werewolf one guest or one werewolf and one night watchman but not two werewolves. The catch on this lovely little win condition: one of you dies the other dies with them.
2) one guest will have luckily brought along some wolfsbane (as you do) they can place it outside one of the guest doors each night (including themselves), if the werewolves choose to kill that particular guest then they fail.
3) The night watchman is a priest equivalent, he gets to check one room in the night to see if it is occupied, if not he has found a werewolf, if so he has established the innocence of someone.
4) All communication in the thread (the honour system is in place) unless you are a werewolf in which case you can PM me a message to your fellow werewolf who you do not know the identity of.

If you're interested post on here and drop me a PM so I can get an idea of numbers.
"I'm here to kick ass, get to 18 and convoy Syria to St Petersburg" - me
GM of Dethy [Mafia]
Participant in WIFOMafia
LOLSHOCK

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1099)
All-game rating: (1077)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Werewolf (9+ player variant)

Postby glacier777 » 25 Jul 2013, 02:19

I'm interested.

LOLSHOCK wrote:1) two people will randomly be selected to be blood brothers, these two went on the trip together (but aren't telling the other happy campers). They have a separate victory condition, for them to win they must both be alive on the last turn of the game, one may be werewolf one guest or one werewolf and one night watchman but not two werewolves. The catch on this lovely little win condition: one of you dies the other dies with them.

So if one werewolf is lynched the other dies too, hence a town win? To win they both have to be alive on the last night? So again 1 lynch = loss but then you say "not two werewolves". I'm thoroughly confused.
Shouldn't they win when they are greater to equal to the town?
Back on PlayDip after a 3 year hiatus

Silver member of the Classicists
glacier777

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1264)
All-game rating: (1278)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Peanut » 25 Jul 2013, 09:58

I think he means that there are 2 werewolves, 6 vanilla players and a night watchman.
Two of these are blood brothers, with a separate win condition, one of them could be a wolf, but they cannot both be wolves.
Youth & Talent are no match for Age & Treachery
Let your relationships with the other players drive your strategy, not the other way around.
Ambassador & Platinum Member of the Classicists
Peanut

Location: Tiptree (where jam comes from), Essex. England (orig Lutterworth, Leics - where Jet Engine invented)
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1148)
All-game rating: (1381)

Postby LOLSHOCK » 25 Jul 2013, 16:13

Correct Peanut,

Do you know how I would go about getting this off the ground?

EDIT: something I may have not made clear, the blood brothers can be two vanilla as well.
"I'm here to kick ass, get to 18 and convoy Syria to St Petersburg" - me
GM of Dethy [Mafia]
Participant in WIFOMafia
LOLSHOCK

Standard rating: (1099)
All-game rating: (1077)

Postby Harb » 26 Jul 2013, 15:40

This is probably what you're looking for

A links on that queue page take you to the policies/procedures regarding getting a game actually started. It also lists the moderators in charge of different aspects, so you know who to go to with more questions.
---------
I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

A. Harb
Harb

Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (971)
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to In Development