Confusion Mafia

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Confusion Mafia

Postby lecrae » 16 Jun 2013, 22:43

Image

This is a fairly simple form of mafia, with 12 players, 4 mafia to 8 townies. Here is how it works:

The mafia all have the same win condition, and are the same faction, but here is the catch: they do not know who all f their partner's are. Out of the four mafia, there will be 2 pairs that know the other's identity and can talk together. These pairings decide on a kill each night. It may even hit their partner! Of course, no killing is an option.

Out of the four mafia, one will be a bomber, who can choose to kill himself, along with one other player of his choosing, and they both will die.

Out of the eight townies, there will be the following roles:

1 Cop
1 Doctor
2 Bulletproofs
3 Vanilla Townies
1 Angels

The angel, if lynched, will cause there to be no night kill that night at all. If an angel is killed during the night, then one of the two mafia that kills it will randomly be selected to be outted as a mafia the next day. However, these angels do not know who they are.

However, one of the Cop/Doctor roles will switch randomly each night to another townie. The former Cop/Doc will 75% become a Vanilla Townie, and 25% become and Angel. An angel who gets a Cop/Doctor role will still hold their angel status.

just throwing this idea out there, I am sure it is slightly unbalanced, but I think that people can have some fun with this variant. Please make comments on suggestions below.
User avatar
lecrae
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 01:32
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1262)
All-game rating: (1305)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Confusion Mafia

Postby presser84 » 17 Jun 2013, 05:48

at first blush this seems massively town sided. I'll think it over some more though.

edit...Let me expand on this. Not only could mafia kill themselves at night but 50% of their town night kill possibilities hurt them. 2 BPs and the Angel is a 1 for 1 trade. Plus doc protects and cop investigations. It's a minefield for scum.
Last edited by presser84 on 17 Jun 2013, 05:51, edited 1 time in total.
Westeros Diplomacy - GM/creator
Diplomacy of Ice and Fire 2 - GM
Keirador wrote:Stop being a dickasaurus rex.
User avatar
presser84
 
Posts: 4327
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 23:05
Location: New Jersey, USA
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1460)
All-game rating: (1678)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Confusion Mafia

Postby lecrae » 17 Jun 2013, 05:51

presser84 wrote:at first blush this seems massively town sided. I'll think it over some more though.

edit...Let me expand on this. Not only could mafia kill themselves at night but 50% of their town night kill possibilities hurt them. 2 BPs and the Angel is a 1 for 1 trade.


True, should I make there only one bp or no bp's at all?
User avatar
lecrae
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 01:32
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1262)
All-game rating: (1305)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Confusion Mafia

Postby presser84 » 17 Jun 2013, 06:01

lecrae wrote:
presser84 wrote:at first blush this seems massively town sided. I'll think it over some more though.

edit...Let me expand on this. Not only could mafia kill themselves at night but 50% of their town night kill possibilities hurt them. 2 BPs and the Angel is a 1 for 1 trade.


True, should I make there only one bp or no bp's at all?


I'd say no BPs or if you have a BP you have no doc. And/or if you want the random element to stay, the BP role(s), not the cop/doc can randomly become vanilla by a certain %....The cop and or doc flipping around to vanillas isn't bad.

regarding the bomber....I'm not sure I like that. Perhaps a role-cop that tells them the previous night's role for the player? NOt what they just became if they swapped. Maybe 1 for each pairing?

As a general warning (though my follow the leader game has it) I've been finding that too much randomness becomes frustrating to players.
Westeros Diplomacy - GM/creator
Diplomacy of Ice and Fire 2 - GM
Keirador wrote:Stop being a dickasaurus rex.
User avatar
presser84
 
Posts: 4327
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 23:05
Location: New Jersey, USA
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1460)
All-game rating: (1678)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Confusion Mafia

Postby lecrae » 17 Jun 2013, 06:03

That is a good idea presser, I think I will disclude the bp roles into vanilla roles, and the role-dop idea is interesting. however, I dont know I I want to do one for eah team, maybe a Role Cop on one team and a Godfather on the other?
User avatar
lecrae
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 01:32
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1262)
All-game rating: (1305)
Timezone: GMT-5


Return to In Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests