Survivor Mafia

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Survivor Mafia

Postby lecrae » 07 Apr 2013, 23:20

Okay, since my original idea probably won't work, you do make a good suggestion. However, I don;t completely understand,it, once you complete your PVO, then you get another one which can be switched around?
lecrae

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1262)
All-game rating: (1305)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby lecrae » 08 Apr 2013, 01:18

I have an idea, Sjg11. Along with their alignment, town or mafia, they also have an alternate win condition, which ill make that one person win. This will fit in with Survivor, where only one person can be the ultimate survivor. However, in order to make sure this is not individual, if the town/mafia wins before one person's win condition is successful, which I will make very possible, then the whole team wins, to keep the basic mafia/town alignment. I might even throw in one or two third parties, with obviously a different win condition.

As far as switching goes, I think I can still keep in the element of switching two people's roles every night, which will be slightly weighted. For example, I wouldn't switch a watcher with a serial killer who has to kill 3 people to win, although I am not likely to include a win condition like that, it is just an example.

What problems are with this new, edited version? Also, just curious, has anyone else heard of Survivor? If not, here is the link, it is a great series, and is very fun to watch. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_(U.S._TV_series)
lecrae

Postby lecrae » 08 Apr 2013, 22:23

I am starting to create roles, with abilities and alternate win conditions. This will be a fyun experiment. Anything I am missing?
lecrae

Postby lecrae » 12 Apr 2013, 02:16

Currently in the stage of creating roles. Open to a co-GM/behind the scenes guy, although not mandatory.
lecrae

Postby sjg11 » 12 Apr 2013, 14:06

lecrae wrote:Currently in the stage of creating roles. Open to a co-GM/behind the scenes guy, although not mandatory.

I'll co-GM for you.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby lecrae » 13 Apr 2013, 01:02

sjg11 wrote:
lecrae wrote:Currently in the stage of creating roles. Open to a co-GM/behind the scenes guy, although not mandatory.

I'll co-GM for you.

Really? Thanks Sjg11, I will probably need help with balancing out the roles, and making the alternate win conditions just right. I can't start now, although will PM you soon.
lecrae

Postby lecrae » 04 May 2013, 19:06

Update: I will wait until the Surfvivor Season is over before I resume making roles, after taht I will continue with it.
lecrae

Postby vindictus » 04 May 2013, 19:59

If he's available, HPW might be able to provide insight into some of the challenges he had with the Departed mafia design, which had a town within the mafia setup.

One easy buttress on the survivor mafia would be to require that the mafia who 'departs' cannot win without surviving himself. This means if his departure is secret, he can't risk outing the mafia in public because he'd lose.

What about when one mafia is left? Design it so the mafia kill is processed even after the last mafia is lynched (aka the last mafia can kill the mafia traitor if he knows who he is), or something of that order.

Some ideas that can potentially bring what you are trying to do into balance.
Platinum member of the Classicists
vindictus

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (974)
All-game rating: (974)
Timezone: GMT

Previous

Return to In Development