Mutation Mafia

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Mutation Mafia

Postby starshooter7324 » 12 Mar 2013, 04:46

At the start of the game, there are 12 players: 3 goon Mafia, 1 regular 3rd party, and 10 vanilla Town (this can be changed if the number is viewed as unbalanced.)
Every Night phase, Three PMs are sent out to randomly selected players (this includes night 0). Inside this PM, the player achieves a positive mutation. (for example: They can investigate players)

They then have this ability for the rest of the game. Players are randomly picked through (both town and scum) and 3 names (1 scum, 2 townies) are drawn every night. These names could stack, so it is definetly possible for players to gain multiple mutations quickly. Players can also gain mutations across multiple nights, BUT a player can only have 3 mutations. Once they receive a fourth mutation, they have to either discard that mutation or replace a existing mutation with it.

For example: Player X starts the game as a vanilla townie. On night 1 they receive two mutations: 1 shot vig kill and the ability to jail someone for the night. On night 2 they receive a mutation making them bulletproof once. Night 3 they receive a mutation that lets them see the mutations of any player once. They must then choose which ability to discard, in this example they discard the bulletprooof one.
(Note: If you use a one-time ability, you cannot replace it with another mutation after you have used it. It is simply taking up space.)

You gain abilities after night actions are taken. So the people killed during the night are already dead and do not have a chance at gaining an ability.

Other than these, standard rules. Hopefully you understand this, I will anser any questions.

List of mutations (you can know them, I don't care. It's pretty easy to guess most of them):
Terrible Scar{x2}- Nothing happens.
Power of the mind- Allows you to see the mutations and role of any player one time.
Intuative mind{x2}- Allows you to see the role (Mafia, town or 3rd party) of one player per night.
Protective skin- One time bulletproof.
Acid pores- One time vig kill available.
Trustworthy smile- One time lynchproof.
Steel grip- Can protect and roleblock one player every night.
Healers Aurora {x2}- Can protect one player per night.
Sleeping darts- can roleblock one player per night.
Swift feet- can track one player per night, seeing what abilities they use and if they try to kill someone.

That's all for now thanks!
Last edited by starshooter7324 on 16 Mar 2013, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
starshooter7324

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (917)
All-game rating: (922)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Mutation Mafia

Postby lecrae » 12 Mar 2013, 04:59

This looks FUN. One thing though, I think some of the names and abilities may need to be modified, and I don't think there should be any terrible scar mutation, if it does nothing. But besides that, it's looking pretty good!
lecrae

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1262)
All-game rating: (1305)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby asudevil » 12 Mar 2013, 05:47

Are your first mutations going to happen night 0 or night 1...

So basically does the town have any Power Roles night 1...cause if the first mutation is night 1...but AFTER the actions, then they don't get powers until night 2

And I like the scar.

My only issue, is unless you have a SPECIFIC order you are going to roll out the mutations in (as far as going to scum/town/3rd party), a lot of this game will come down to luck.

--Does the town get a doc night 1
--Does the scum get both docs

I mean imagine if the first 3 mutations all land on scum...bad luck sure, but possible, and do you want the town to "lose" by bad luck
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby lecrae » 12 Mar 2013, 06:07

maybe it should be like, scum g=et one each night, town get 2, or something like that. He said Night zero though asu.
lecrae

Standard rating: (1262)
All-game rating: (1305)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby starshooter7324 » 13 Mar 2013, 05:43

asudevil wrote:Are your first mutations going to happen night 0 or night 1...

So basically does the town have any Power Roles night 1...cause if the first mutation is night 1...but AFTER the actions, then they don't get powers until night 2

And I like the scar.

My only issue, is unless you have a SPECIFIC order you are going to roll out the mutations in (as far as going to scum/town/3rd party), a lot of this game will come down to luck.

--Does the town get a doc night 1
--Does the scum get both docs

I mean imagine if the first 3 mutations all land on scum...bad luck sure, but possible, and do you want the town to "lose" by bad luck

Yes, 3 are given out night 0.
Also, mutations are repeated and just randomly selected, so if scum become docs it basically means nothing.

Do you think this game should be based off randomness? The luck of the draw should at least play a part, but what do you guys think the balance should be?
Last edited by starshooter7324 on 16 Mar 2013, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
starshooter7324

Postby starshooter7324 » 16 Mar 2013, 22:37

From now on every night 1 scum will gain a mutation and 2 town will gain a mutation.
I know this increases the chance of scum getting a mutation, but you have to remember there are some abilities that are useless to scum like cop....
starshooter7324

Postby starshooter7324 » 16 Mar 2013, 22:41

The multiplication symbols mean there is more of chance of that mutation happening. So X2 means there is twice as much of a chance of rolling that mutation.
starshooter7324

Return to In Development