Lovecratian Mafia I: CTHULHU CULT IN ULTHAR

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Lovecratian Mafia I: CTHULHU CULT IN ULTHAR

Postby Lollonais » 13 Feb 2013, 03:52

Lovecraftian Mafia I

A mafia game based on selected works by H.P. Lovecraft

CTHULHU CULT IN ULTHAR

Long, long ago in a far-away land, just beyond the river Skai, resided a town named Ulthar. It was a small town and in this town resided a peculiar law
which states 'No man my kill cats'. However, that is a story for another time. I am here to tell a different story of a curse that befell Ulthar shortly
there-after. After many years, the caravans, driven by mysterious dark figures who come from far-away lands, resumed their stops at this humble location.
This time, no more boy. The villagers were mightily fearful of these travellers now and they refused to interact with these exotic men. After a few weeks,
the travellers left. Then, exactly one year later, the travellers came back but the villagers were still quite fearful but also curious. The travellers,
after remaining in Ulthar for a few weeks left again with no business made. For a third year, these mysterious travelers came and after a few weeks they
went. But not before a young man purchased a peculiar bas-relief sculpture. Unbeknownst to the man, he brought a terrible artifact and curse to Ulthar that
day. Shortly after the caravan of a far-away land left, the skies dimmed and the wise-men of the town started having strange and terrible dreams. Dreams of a
Cyclopean City sunk beneath the oceans of a mysterious land with sky-flung monoliths, and everything dripping with green ooze and sinister
with latent horror. Shortly after these dreams started occuring, the man who bought the bas-relief sculpture went insane. Muttering incoherent thoughts about
winged creatures taking to the sky at night. A few days later, he fell dead in the streets due to mysterious circumstances. In the weeks that followed, the
head of the local police investigated this death and the mysterious artifact. He, too, mysteriously died under unknown circumstances. When is body was found,
he was clutching a crumpled, torn piece of paper with the following scribbled on it in large letters: CTHULHU CULT. It has become apparent that this cult has
infiltrated the town and is slaying people with knowledge of this bas-relief. Why this killing is happening must be known and it must be stopped at all cost.
Outsiders who claim to be experts shortly arrive to aid in the matter but the locals are not too sure...

First and foremost, any veteran mafia Gms up to helping me make my setup balanced?

RULES

NOTE: ALL RULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

PHASES

There will be two phases: Day and Night.

The day Phase will be 72 hours long.
The Night Phase will be 48 hours long.

The day will start when I declare the day starts in-thread.
The day will end when I declare the day is over in-thread.

The night will start when I declare the night starts in-thread.
The night will end when I post the Start-Day Post.

I will try to give courtesy PMs at all major phase shifts.

DISCUSSION

All discussion inside the thread will occur during the day phase. Posting during the night phase is strictly prohibited. If you die, you are out of the game and you may not PM players currently playing about the game nor post in-thread.

Some roles, such as mafia, may or may not have night-communication. These players may communicate during the night only. If your role does NOT specify if you can communicate with other players, then you may NOT contact other players at night.

All Pms I send may not be copy-pasted in whole or part in the thread or to others. This includes role pms, reports and communications.

Lastly, do not post in this color of green(008000). It's mine. My own. My pre-... errm... It's reserved for me.

DISCUSSION ETIQUETTE

Please be civilized in your arguments and remember, this is a game FOR FUN. If you are not having fun then find your nearest kitty and cuddle it (note: Be sure to either have possession of the kitty, or have its claws pointing away from you, or [preferably] both). I am not saying you may not argue. You may argue (as that is part of the game), I do not mind that. However, DO NOT TAKE THE GAME PERSONALLY.

You may not edit/delete any post at any time. If you feel as though you need to edit/delete your post for whatever reason, CONTACT ME FIRST AND DONT EDIT UNTIL I OK IT. This is a modkillable offense. You may double post if you forgot to add stuff to your previous post or to note corrections of typos. Better yet, try to get it all on your first try. But the Edit button is like a red button that says “DO NOT PRESS”. You do not press it or else bad things will happen.

TEAMS

Like most games of mafia, there are two teams:
People of Ulthar and the Other Worlds(known as town from hereon)- This is a collective of The Ultharian and The Outlanders which creates the uninformed majority (commonly just labelled as “The Town”). The town consists of 7 people. They may vote and talk in the forum during the day but may not do anything at night unless if their roles state otherwise.

Cult- This is the informed minority and is commonly called “the mafia”. The cult consists of two people. They may vote and talk in the forum during the day. At night they may communicate either through PM or via a private forum that I set up.

VOTING

All voting must be a player's name (or role's name) in large (or huge), red letters(FF0000) Like so. Nicknames count as long as I understand who it is.

IR REVEALS

Unless otherwise stated, you will appear to be on your respective side (Ultharian, Outlander or Cultist). Your IR Reveal may change as the game progresses.

Note: Ultharian and Outlander are on the same team.

Victory Conditions

The Town wins when the cult is eradicated.

The Cult wins when their numbers are equal to (or greater than) the town's.

Role Assignments

All roles will be given via Random.org to ensure total randomness and impartiallness when it comes to role-assignments.

Special Stuff

Some abilities may be the cause of an item. All items are used as night-time abilities. These abilities will be noted as such. At night, instead of using the item, it may be passed on (anonymously) to any person.

Development:
Roles and abilities: 100%
Day-end/Day-Start Messages: 0%
Flavor messages: 20%
Testing for balance: 0%

Feedback is always encouraged as well as interest! :D
Lollonais

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Lovecratian Mafia I: CTHULHU CULT IN ULTHAR

Postby joelsdaman1 » 13 Feb 2013, 03:53

Please please please finish this!!!

I love Lovecraft!!!!
How is an atomic wedgie different from a regular wedgie?

Let's find out.
joelsdaman1

Standard rating: (796)
All-game rating: (795)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Crunkus_old » 13 Feb 2013, 04:04

Woods of Arkham is in queue. If you're looking to get your Lovecraft on.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)

Postby joelsdaman1 » 13 Feb 2013, 04:04

Crunkus wrote:Woods of Arkham is in queue. If you're looking to get your Lovecraft on.

Where?

Let's find out.
joelsdaman1

Postby Crunkus_old » 13 Feb 2013, 04:05

joelsdaman1 wrote:
Crunkus wrote:Woods of Arkham is in queue. If you're looking to get your Lovecraft on.

Where?

In the queue.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

Postby joelsdaman1 » 13 Feb 2013, 04:08

Crunkus wrote:
joelsdaman1 wrote:

Where?

In the queue.

I may be looking in the wrong place...but I don't think it's listed.

Let's find out.
joelsdaman1

Postby Crunkus_old » 13 Feb 2013, 04:10

This is the game queue.

By reading this you can see the queue of games current scheduled to be run.

This is the document I was referring to when I spoke of the queue. Please let me know if the introductory forum documents have been unclear as to what the queue is and where it's located. I'll try to see that it gets re-written to make it more clear.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

Postby joelsdaman1 » 13 Feb 2013, 04:11

Crunkus wrote:This is the game queue.

This is the document I was referring to when I spoke of the queue. Please let me know if the introductory forum documents have been unclear as to what the queue is and where it's located. I'll try to see that it gets re-written to make it more clear.

Yeah I checked there, but for some reason I'm blind!

Just saw it, it doesn't have a link.

Let's find out.
joelsdaman1

Postby Crunkus_old » 13 Feb 2013, 04:13

joelsdaman1 wrote:
Crunkus wrote:This is the game queue.

Yeah I checked there, but for some reason I'm blind!

Just saw it, it doesn't have a link.

That's correct. I've coordinated with the subforum mods on the subject.

Complete rules to the game exist, but I'm in the process of collaborating with a notable member of the subforum on developing and balancing the game. I will publish them when the collaboration has reached an appropriate stage. Suffice it to say, plenty of work has gone into the development of this game which is why it has been allowed in queue. There will be flavour and play value falling out of your eye sockets.

(sigh)
Crunkus_old

Postby joelsdaman1 » 13 Feb 2013, 04:16

I'll continue this in the questions thread.

Let's find out.
joelsdaman1

Next

Return to In Development