The Krispy Kreme Blood Bath Project : Balance Test

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: The Krispy Kreme Blood Bath Project : Balance Test

Postby diplomat42 » 11 Dec 2012, 00:07

Petunia wrote:Clearly if no N0 NK means no N0 investigates, that's worse for the town. I didn't realize those two things were necessarily linked. I guess it makes less sense for there to be investigations without a murder, but it's not like the current setup is any more 'realistic'. Either way, you're the GM.

Giving the town a night of investigations without a kill would mean the town will win the next 10 games. Why? 2 days of NL would mean 3 investigations before we need a lynch. If the doc comes out and is investigated, then it's free for the town.
Glorious Nation of the Himalaya et.al in CYOC.
Classicist, Whippersnapper.

Generation 32 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

JOIN CITY-STATES AND ZOMBIES!
IT WILL BE OFF THE CHAIN
diplomat42

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1140)
All-game rating: (1289)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Rolan A Doobie » 11 Dec 2012, 00:36

Petunia wrote:Clearly if no N0 NK means no N0 investigates, that's worse for the town. I didn't realize those two things were necessarily linked. I guess it makes less sense for there to be investigations without a murder, but it's not like the current setup is any more 'realistic'. Either way, you're the GM.

How can they not be linked? Why should one side get to use their night abilities while the other can't?
Some of you I know, some of you I'm meeting for the first time...
Rolan A Doobie

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Petunia » 11 Dec 2012, 00:50

Because you're the GM?

That said, d42's pretty clearly right that due to the better understanding of best practices we'll have for Game 2 over Game 1 (and Game 3 etc), the town probably gets slightly more competitive with each iteration played. So removing N0 NK may not be necessary.

Let's give it a shot and see? I'm ready for Game 2 whenever, if you'll have me.
Any views expressed prior to Dec 2013 are solely my own and do not represent the site or its administration in any way.
I took a break from the site for a while. I'm back now. Hi.
Platinum Classicist
Petunia

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1583)
All-game rating: (1571)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby bkbkbk » 11 Dec 2012, 01:02

Rolan A Doobie wrote:Did you really think that through, or are you just adverse to the idea of someone dying before getting a chance to say anything?

I don't really have a problem with this. It isn't nice for the victim, but so long as it is made clear during sign-ups that there will be a kill during night 0, it is fine. They know what they're signing up for.

I think the town's ability to figure out things from the results is being overestimated based on the recent game, in which we got very lucky in that the random cop made the (arguably suboptimal, given the available information) choice to investigate the same player twice. Clearing the random cop out made things far easier, because that is the one thing that introduces about a thousand complications to the process of deduction. That and the fact that one cop will, in all probability, die without being able to give a single investigation.

The game is very likely to come down to 1v1/2v2 scenarios in any case, assuming the mafia are savvy enough with their claims that they plan ahead and don't talk themselves into a corner.
Regards,
BK

Moderator of this shady corner of the forum. Come and pay us a visit!
bkbkbk

Timezone: GMT

Postby diplomat42 » 11 Dec 2012, 01:05

Ah yes...getting someone as random was major.

Generation 32 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

IT WILL BE OFF THE CHAIN
diplomat42

Postby Petunia » 11 Dec 2012, 01:15

Couldn't agree with bkbkbk more, and I meant to make a similar point actually. I mentioned in the AAR how lucky we were that my second 'coin flip' contradicted my first - if it hadn't, we'd never have stood a chance IMO.
Any views expressed prior to Dec 2013 are solely my own and do not represent the site or its administration in any way.
I took a break from the site for a while. I'm back now. Hi.
Platinum Classicist
Petunia

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1583)
All-game rating: (1571)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Rolan A Doobie » 11 Dec 2012, 01:30

bkbkbk wrote:I think the town's ability to figure out things from the results is being overestimated based on the recent game, in which we got very lucky in that the random cop made the (arguably suboptimal, given the available information) choice to investigate the same player twice. Clearing the random cop out made things far easier, because that is the one thing that introduces about a thousand complications to the process of deduction. That and the fact that one cop will, in all probability, die without being able to give a single investigation.

The game is very likely to come down to 1v1/2v2 scenarios in any case, assuming the mafia are savvy enough with their claims that they plan ahead and don't talk themselves into a corner.

Yes to all of this.

And by running the game multiple times, we can potentially not guess at what might happen in future games....we can see whether it happens or not.
Some of you I know, some of you I'm meeting for the first time...
Rolan A Doobie

Timezone: GMT-5

Postby diplomat42 » 10 Jun 2013, 02:57

I know this is major thread necromancy, but is there any interest in this idea?

IT WILL BE OFF THE CHAIN
diplomat42

Previous

Return to In Development