Interest in pokemon mafia?

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: Interest in pokemon mafia?

Postby Zerix » 13 Feb 2012, 16:42

In order of preference: 2nd, 1st, 5th, 4th, 3rd!
Zerix

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby numa529 » 13 Feb 2012, 19:33

alright. it looks like im going to modify things around to do a gen II style game. that said, since gen II covers both generations, i have to ask the question... would you want to do BOTH gen 1 and gen II, or just gen II? doing both gen's would allow for a bigger game (around 16 players), but if people really didnt play gen 1 (which i would be baffled at) then we can do a gen II game from anywhere between 8-12 players.
For each word spoken, one forgotten
For each thought, a memory rotten

Keep your hopes up high and your head down low
numa529

Timezone: GMT

Postby bkbkbk » 13 Feb 2012, 21:14

I'm easy either way.
Regards,
BK

Moderator of this shady corner of the forum. Come and pay us a visit!
bkbkbk

Postby Ironhammer » 13 Feb 2012, 22:15

numa529 wrote:alright. it looks like im going to modify things around to do a gen II style game. that said, since gen II covers both generations, i have to ask the question... would you want to do BOTH gen 1 and gen II, or just gen II? doing both gen's would allow for a bigger game (around 16 players), but if people really didnt play gen 1 (which i would be baffled at) then we can do a gen II game from anywhere between 8-12 players.

If I were you, keep it smaller (12ish) and just stick to gen 1 OR gen 2. Not both.

What you can't lose sight of is that while flavour is all fun to make, it's the game and it's mechanics that make a game good/bad.
You Obviously Love Owls
Ironhammer

Standard rating: (942)
All-game rating: (947)

Postby HPWehmeier » 13 Feb 2012, 22:55

You damn kids and your Silvers and Sapphires and Platinums. Back in my day you had the choice of blue or red, and you were damn happy to get one of them. If you wanted to see a Pokemon in colour, you had to watch the cartoons, because you know damn well that the Gameboy didn't have colour. Anything past the first generation is hogwash. Hogwash I tells ya! I remember taking turns having Pokemon battles at recess because we only had one link cable; none of this wi-fi voodoo. My Blastoise was the tootinest turtle in the land. Back in the day they used to call him Squirtle, but then he reached level 16 and became known as Wartortle. Those years he was very angry, and was responsible for a lot of damage around town. He joined a gang called the Outsiders, along with some kid named Ponyboy. You see, that's where the term "dog and pony show" came from, though originally it was a "turtle and pony show." It wasn't a very good show because turtles aren't exactly the most exciting performers, nor did the turtle have any chemistry with the pony. We'd race the turtles against rabbits, but they'd always lose. It turns out that the "The Tortoise and the Hare" was written in 1954 by Chairman Mao in order to undermine American capitalism. You see, President Eisenhower was given a copy as an anonymous gift, and come 1957 there was a missile gap between the States and the Soviets, because slow and steady was not winning the race. Later in the 60s that same Squirtle became involved in "Operation Mongoose." Because he's a turtle, he could swim around without any suspicion. It was his job to plant a shiny oyster in the water, which was really a bomb, so that when Castro went SCUBA diving, he'd pick up the oyster, and explode. However, Squirtle complained that the operation was named after a mongoose, and he was a member of the Reptile's Union. The snakes were having an ongoing battle against the mongeese, so Squirtle refused to enact the mission. Bobby Kennedy then scrapped Operation Mongoose and began attacking perceived corruption in labour unions. This upset Squirtle to no end, and on November 22, 1963, Squirtle positioned himself on a grassy knoll.

Where was I?

Ah yes. I'm interested, and I significantly prefer the first generation.
Platinum member of "the Classicists"
It's a little known fact that smartest animal is a pig. Scientists say if pigs had thumbs and a language, they could be trained to do simple manual labor. They give you 20-30 years of loyal service and then at their retirement dinner you can eat them.
HPWehmeier

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1010)
All-game rating: (1012)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby The Pez » 13 Feb 2012, 23:03

Right, off to the crazy house HPW.
The Pez

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (974)

Postby Ironhammer » 13 Feb 2012, 23:33

pezgod1 wrote:Right, off to the crazy house HPW.

He has a point.
You Obviously Love Owls
Ironhammer

Standard rating: (942)
All-game rating: (947)

Postby The Pez » 13 Feb 2012, 23:45

Ironhammer wrote:
pezgod1 wrote:Right, off to the crazy house HPW.

He has a point.

Yes, but soon enough, I'm sure "Pikachu" is going to convince him to climb up a clock tower with a rifle!
The Pez

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (974)

Postby numa529 » 14 Feb 2012, 00:51

1st gen will have 13 characters. 2nd gen links back to the 1st gen in the first part of the game, unless you dont want me to include anything past the elite four.

good thing i made this thread.

anyone care to put their votes in color=#FF0000? :mrgreen:

1st gen only
2nd gen only
mixture.

right now, im feeling 1st gen just because some people arent familiar with second gen (oh HPW)

i could be pressured into including second gen i suppose... but only second gen seems like a stretch.
For each word spoken, one forgotten
For each thought, a memory rotten

Keep your hopes up high and your head down low
numa529

Postby thewysecat » 14 Feb 2012, 01:10

Gotta buy them all. Gotta buy them all. Wow, it's...shoe!

:roll:
"Of all the things I have known myself to be, I never recognized the fool."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuNdPgM8eY
thewysecat

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1518)
All-game rating: (1526)
Timezone: GMT-4

PreviousNext

Return to In Development