Mafia Ideas & Discussion

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: Mafia Ideas & Discussion

Postby Mungah » 02 May 2013, 11:14

What I would like to do is design a Zelda themed mafia game, I have some ideas for original mechanics to fit as flavoured mechanics, but I would like to know whether or not anyone here has already claimed Zelda. There is nothing that I can find, so this is all I have to say as of yet.
When life gives you lemons, give them to Ford Prefect.
Mungah
 
Posts: 55
Joined: 21 Oct 2010, 23:19
Location: N.S.W, Australia, Earth, the Unfasionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy.
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: Mafia Ideas & Discussion

Postby Rolan A Doobie » 02 May 2013, 12:17

Mungah wrote:What I would like to do is design a Zelda themed mafia game, I have some ideas for original mechanics to fit as flavoured mechanics, but I would like to know whether or not anyone here has already claimed Zelda. There is nothing that I can find, so this is all I have to say as of yet.


I had started putting together the most basic framework of a Zelda game a while ago, but it got put on the back burner when some real life shit happened and then I started working on other games instead.....but I certainly didn't make any kind of claim on the material.

If you can't find any Zelda themes in the Completed Games section or the In Development section, then you are probably good to go.

And if you want someone to bounce ideas off of, you can send them my way. I just replayed A Link To The Past a few months ago....good times.
User avatar
Rolan A Doobie
 
Posts: 5295
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 08:10
Location: ♫♫♫♫ Technically, I'm homeless ♫♫♫♫
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia Ideas & Discussion

Postby Mungah » 02 May 2013, 12:27

Rolan A Doobie wrote:
Mungah wrote:What I would like to do is design a Zelda themed mafia game, I have some ideas for original mechanics to fit as flavoured mechanics, but I would like to know whether or not anyone here has already claimed Zelda. There is nothing that I can find, so this is all I have to say as of yet.


I had started putting together the most basic framework of a Zelda game a while ago, but it got put on the back burner when some real life shit happened and then I started working on other games instead.....but I certainly didn't make any kind of claim on the material.

If you can't find any Zelda themes in the Completed Games section or the In Development section, then you are probably good to go.

And if you want someone to bounce ideas off of, you can send them my way. I just replayed A Link To The Past a few months ago....good times.


Thank you very much for the offer for help, I have recently been playing Oracle of Ages, and finally got to buy Skyward Sword (which I disagree abut it being as bad as everyone says it is.) I would definitely love some help and would appreciate any ideas or feedback I could get given.

If you have had any experience GMing, I would appreciate advice as well, as I have limited experience, none from this particular forum.
When life gives you lemons, give them to Ford Prefect.
Mungah
 
Posts: 55
Joined: 21 Oct 2010, 23:19
Location: N.S.W, Australia, Earth, the Unfasionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy.
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: Mafia Ideas & Discussion

Postby Rolan A Doobie » 03 May 2013, 17:23

Mungah wrote:I would definitely love some help and would appreciate any ideas or feedback I could get given.

If you have had any experience GMing, I would appreciate advice as well, as I have limited experience, none from this particular forum.



Like I said....

Rolan A Doobie wrote:And if you want someone to bounce ideas off of, you can send them my way.
User avatar
Rolan A Doobie
 
Posts: 5295
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 08:10
Location: ♫♫♫♫ Technically, I'm homeless ♫♫♫♫
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia Ideas & Discussion

Postby Constantine072 » 07 May 2013, 03:57

Any thoughts on this rule mechanic

-each player is able to edit and/or delete one post a day?
-If and when a player is killed all of his posts pre-edit + context they were in (i.e. full post, and link) will be posted?
SWG - RIP - Benjam Frail Radiant
(former fan) of GPG till Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2
ARM and UEF forever
Also known as Dragun101, and Schlitzaf on other forums
User avatar
Constantine072
 
Posts: 13732
Joined: 19 Jan 2012, 02:14
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia Ideas & Discussion

Postby AHarlequin » 07 May 2013, 18:03

Constantine072 wrote:Any thoughts on this rule mechanic

-each player is able to edit and/or delete one post a day?
-If and when a player is killed all of his posts pre-edit + context they were in (i.e. full post, and link) will be posted?


Seems a might difficult to "enforce" this mechanic, and I can't off the top of my head figure why it would be particularly "useful" for anyone... :?
Hmm. AP exams, group projects, essays...
Time to check Playdip!
User avatar
AHarlequin
 
Posts: 2181
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 02:43
Location: USA (California)
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Mafia Ideas & Discussion

Postby Crunkus_old » 07 May 2013, 19:59

Constantine072 wrote:Any thoughts on this rule mechanic

-each player is able to edit and/or delete one post a day?
-If and when a player is killed all of his posts pre-edit + context they were in (i.e. full post, and link) will be posted?


What is your understanding of why that rule is typically there in the first place?
(sigh)
Crunkus_old
 
Posts: 17650
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 23:51
Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia Ideas & Discussion

Postby Constantine072 » 07 May 2013, 20:01

Crunkus wrote:
Constantine072 wrote:Any thoughts on this rule mechanic

-each player is able to edit and/or delete one post a day?
-If and when a player is killed all of his posts pre-edit + context they were in (i.e. full post, and link) will be posted?


What is your understanding of why that rule is typically there in the first place?

So all information posted remains available to town at all given times, allowing more concrete stories based on truly unchangeable facts, to increase amount of Fruedian slips
SWG - RIP - Benjam Frail Radiant
(former fan) of GPG till Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2
ARM and UEF forever
Also known as Dragun101, and Schlitzaf on other forums
User avatar
Constantine072
 
Posts: 13732
Joined: 19 Jan 2012, 02:14
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia Ideas & Discussion

Postby Crunkus_old » 07 May 2013, 20:15

Constantine072 wrote:So all information posted remains available to town at all given times, allowing more concrete stories based on truly unchangeable facts, to increase amount of Fruedian slips


It isn't to "increase the slips".

It's for the simple reason that people should not be arguing over what was or was not posted, but upon the substance of the posts. It's not about denying you the ability to correct yourself or think twice about something. That's just a secondary consequences of it. If that is permitted, someone can even lie about you changing something that you didn't. It's just about restricting the game space to what is in the thread so that everyone is on the same footing.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old
 
Posts: 17650
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 23:51
Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia Ideas & Discussion

Postby Vilniusisaplace » 11 May 2013, 06:35

Re Discussion about game size: I personally like large games. I can't say why, but that's just something that's always been. The annoying bit about them for me is that larger games are harder to maintain numbers throughout the game (when more people in these forums are in the one game... reserves aren't going to come easily), and the post count. I mean, games are a lot more active than they used to be which makes things pretty hard. To read through such a large volume of posting, and critically analyse what you're reading, and remembering things that have been said beforehand too, is hard. sjg hit the nail on the head, smaller games produce better play.
Don't Panic...

HPWehmeier wrote:Seems like a total douchebag
User avatar
Vilniusisaplace
 
Posts: 2514
Joined: 16 Oct 2010, 04:05
Location: Dubbo, NSW, Australia
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (977)
All-game rating: (976)
Timezone: GMT+10

PreviousNext

Return to In Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest