Mafia Idea- Star Wars!!!

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo, condude1

Mafia Idea- Star Wars!!!

Postby Malevolence » 31 Jan 2012, 23:25

Im sure its been proposed (maybe played) before. But would anyone like to GM a Star Wars mafia game? obviously itd be something along the lines of the jedi council as players and trying to route out who aong them have turned to the dark side.
Creator of 1939, Superpowers, Future of the World, Fate of the World, Fantasy CYOC, Outbreak, History of the World, Italian Renaissance Diplomacy, 21st Century Diplomacy, Inheritors
Malevolence

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1049
All-game rating: 1031
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia Idea- Star Wars!!!

Postby The Pez » 31 Jan 2012, 23:40

Malevolence wrote:Im sure its been proposed (maybe played) before. But would anyone like to GM a Star Wars mafia game? obviously itd be something along the lines of the jedi council as players and trying to route out who aong them have turned to the dark side.

Great idea.
The Pez

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (974)
Timezone: GMT

Postby mat.gopack » 01 Feb 2012, 00:11

someone did it WAY back (they had it in Mos Eisly I think- jedi as a small group of millers, mafia as imperial agents, etc.)
I read a bit of it a while back
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby AHarlequin » 01 Feb 2012, 03:30

Or perhaps...

The "mafia" consist of the assorted Rebellion members--they're a small number of people with mostly passive roles. Led by Luke Skywalker, with Princess Leia as the "backup" / replacement for when Luke's role gets him killed. However, the death of one of the Rebellion members grants an advantage or a 1-time effect for their allies ("If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.")

The "town" is the empire. It consists of assorted troopers (with minor abilities) and a large number of power roles. The thing is--the power roles themselves have weaknesses. Some they will know about, others will be hidden--for example, a cop Darth Vader might see Luke and Leia as town; a vigilante Vader would fail if he tried to kill either Luke or the Emperor, &c.

Jango Fett is an independent third party, with a "hit list" - bounties are assigned to 3 or 4 roles, and Jango collects a 1/3 victory for each one he either votes to lynch or kills...
Hmm. AP exams, group projects, essays...
Time to check Playdip!
AHarlequin

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Ironhammer » 01 Feb 2012, 19:59

AHarlequin wrote:Or perhaps...

The "mafia" consist of the assorted Rebellion members--they're a small number of people with mostly passive roles. Led by Luke Skywalker, with Princess Leia as the "backup" / replacement for when Luke's role gets him killed. However, the death of one of the Rebellion members grants an advantage or a 1-time effect for their allies ("If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.")

The "town" is the empire. It consists of assorted troopers (with minor abilities) and a large number of power roles. The thing is--the power roles themselves have weaknesses. Some they will know about, others will be hidden--for example, a cop Darth Vader might see Luke and Leia as town; a vigilante Vader would fail if he tried to kill either Luke or the Emperor, &c.

Jango Fett is an independent third party, with a "hit list" - bounties are assigned to 3 or 4 roles, and Jango collects a 1/3 victory for each one he either votes to lynch or kills...

This looks pretty good, an interesting idea.

#pickAH!
You Obviously Love Owls
Ironhammer

Standard rating: (942)
All-game rating: (947)

Postby Malevolence » 01 Feb 2012, 20:13

i also like AHs idea- though id obviously want more than a few rebels, so itd have to be a pretty big game (numbers wise)
Creator of 1939, Superpowers, Future of the World, Fate of the World, Fantasy CYOC, Outbreak, History of the World, Italian Renaissance Diplomacy, 21st Century Diplomacy, Inheritors
Malevolence

Standard rating: 1049
All-game rating: 1031

Postby AHarlequin » 02 Feb 2012, 08:37

Starting to work on a setup now. Undecided whether it'd be better as a 12, 14, or 18-player game--I'll shoot for 18, I think, and should it prove necessary modify a few aspects.
Hmm. AP exams, group projects, essays...
Time to check Playdip!
AHarlequin

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Thyrfing » 02 Feb 2012, 20:04

Very interesting :D

And make it Boba Fett, not Jango :D
And in the disparate clamour of the chaos that surrounds you, it's hard to know which of the voices that you hear are your own.
Thyrfing

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1568)
All-game rating: (1845)
Timezone: GMT+1

Return to In Development