New Variant

This is the place for games which are currently being created and developed, and where the designer is listening to feedback from other players. The game is not ready to play, and the designers are not looking for sign-ups - indeed, they may have no intention of GMing the game themselves when it is finished. But your input is welcome!

Moderator: Morg

Forum rules
Despite repeated requests, designers are still regularly posting maps of several hundred Kb size. All maps should be under 80Kb and preferable 50-60 maximum. Unless you have prior permission, any larger map will be removed without warning.

Re: New Variant

Postby Spekulatius » 29 Apr 2011, 02:49

I would be up for this... moreso as a player because my GM experience is null. Is anyone interested in running this variant?
Spekulatius

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (972)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Yashpar » 29 Apr 2011, 05:28

I would recommend spreading out Britain's home supply centers a little. I'm not sure having 3 supply centers right next to each other is very helpful.
Yashpar

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Yashpar » 29 Apr 2011, 05:34

But I'm interested in playing, this looks fun.
Yashpar

Postby nautalus » 03 May 2011, 01:16

I would suggest putting together an interested players list so you can get this game started. You need 5 players and you have 7 expressing intrest. As well, you need to see who is willing to GM, as that is very important. I can't GM though.

My suggestion for now would be to post a list of likely candidates for positions in the game, and then ask for the people to confirm. You should also probably PM all the people because the sign ups have been spread over about a month.
A mathematician is: a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that is not there.
nautalus

Postby Yhanthlei » 04 May 2011, 12:08

I would be interested as well.

So, it looks like the best way of sorting out the relationships on this map is a 6b type relationship from the article (http://isabout.wordpress.com/2007/12/12 ... nt-design/).
If that's what you're going for, some changes do have to be made. I know that it's already been stated that England and Austro-Hungary aren't connected enough, but it is a big issue. There should be about equal involvement between all three of Austro-Hungary, Britain, and Turkey. Moving Britain's supply centers west and centering the contested supply centers in that traingle more around Greece and various islands could help.
I think that Turkey should be more divided between the two theaters, as it is it is too centralized. Perhaps splitting Baghdad in two while removing Turkey's starting control of the Damascus center and removing the Mecca supply center would work, as well as helping to de-emphasize the Britain-Turkey connection.
There is potential in the Arabian desert, although I'm not sure what exactly should be done. Making it passable and possibly putting a landlocked center to the south could encourage landings by Persia or Britain. I'll admit that I'm not sure what effect that would have on balance, mostly I think that it would be cool.
Anglia in Heptarchy test game A
Yhanthlei

Postby Spekulatius » 19 May 2011, 18:07

I will be starting a new thread as an experimental runthrough, after which I am very open to changes.
Spekulatius

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (972)
Timezone: GMT-5

Previous

Return to PbF Variant Development