Middle Earth Variant (5/5) RESERVES NEEDED!

5-player variant designed and GMd by bluestreaksoccer. Game began April 2012. Ended early with no result

Middle Earth Variant (5/5) RESERVES NEEDED!

Postby bluestreaksoccer » 26 Mar 2012, 01:47

I made this map recently and wish for several players to test it out. Standard diplomacy rules apply. I will GM this (my first GMing) so please be ok if I have delays getting the new maps up. The sides may be unbalanced as this is a test run. Here is the map.

We can't start until the 10th because freddafred has stuff going on. I like that guy so we will wait for a few days!

Here are the POWERS!

Elves -- 24turner1234
Gondor --diploNEV
Isengard -- Ecliptor
Mordor -- Freddafred
Rohan -- drrnwrstlr


Please sign up to play!
Players:
1.Freddafred confirmed
2.diploNEV confirmed
3.drrnwrstlr confirmed
4.24turner1234 confirmed
5. Ecliptor confirmed

Reserves:
1. this could be you...
2. this could be you...

Purple = Rohan
Red = Isengard
Yellow = Gondor
Green = Elves
Brown = Mordor

Countries assigned through random assortment!
Deadlines 4/2/2
Spring/Fall/Winter format for turns
Builds in any center you possess because of the limited number of starting centers.
3 NMRs total or 2 NMRs in a row will result in being kicked from the game. Please PM if you can't submit orders!

NOTES:
Willie900 wrote:1: what are river rules?



The river is a border in all cases EXCEPT:

1. Firien Wood DOES NOT BORDER Eastemnet
2. Snowbourne does not border Akiburg, Aldburg, Mouths of Entwash, and Edoras

Here are some clarifications on borderings:

1. Wold borders Limlight
2, Entwood borders derndingle
3. N.Gondor Borders Dunharrow and Aldburg
4. Mouths of Entwash borders Akiburg
5. Firien Wood DOES NOT BORDER Eastemnet
6. Flatlands borders both Snowbourne and Eastfold

Image

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Last edited by bluestreaksoccer on 03 Apr 2012, 14:15, edited 18 times in total.
"LIVE. DIE. REPEAT" -how I play diplomacy
User avatar
bluestreaksoccer
 
Posts: 2190
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 18:55
Location: underneath a pile of homework
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (852)
All-game rating: (855)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Middle Earth Variant (Test Game)

Postby Willie900 » 26 Mar 2012, 02:31

1: what are river rules?
2: Erech is an uncaptureable SC, the Gondor player could never be killed if they had any sense
3: Withered Heath/Rivindell border is uncrossable when both are occupied
4: Gondor is really weak (except for point 2)--they are split up, and is one of two nations that has only one guaranteed SC (the other is Isengard, but they have many more options)
Wow my signature used to be awful
User avatar
Willie900
 
Posts: 4148
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 02:30
Location: the Chocolate Factory
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (946)
All-game rating: (946)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Middle Earth Variant (Test Game)

Postby Malevolence » 26 Mar 2012, 02:37

i hear willie's points on this one but intriguing map to say nothing else.
Creator of 1939, Superpowers, Future of the World, Fate of the World, Fantasy CYOC, Outbreak, History of the World, Italian Renaissance Diplomacy, 21st Century Diplomacy, Inheritors
User avatar
Malevolence
 
Posts: 7585
Joined: 20 May 2011, 22:01
Location: Washington, DC
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1049)
All-game rating: (1031)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Middle Earth Variant (Test Game)

Postby Willie900 » 26 Mar 2012, 02:52

Yeah, sorry if I came off as a little a-holey, it looks good, it just needs a few tweaks :)
Wow my signature used to be awful
User avatar
Willie900
 
Posts: 4148
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 02:30
Location: the Chocolate Factory
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (946)
All-game rating: (946)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Middle Earth Variant (Test Game)

Postby Bluewolf » 26 Mar 2012, 02:54

Willie900 wrote:1: what are river rules?
2: Erech is an uncaptureable SC, the Gondor player could never be killed if they had any sense
3: Withered Heath/Rivindell border is uncrossable when both are occupied
4: Gondor is really weak (except for point 2)--they are split up, and is one of two nations that has only one guaranteed SC (the other is Isengard, but they have many more options)


Secret pass?
User avatar
Bluewolf
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: 10 Nov 2011, 22:50
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (897)
All-game rating: (896)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Middle Earth Variant (Test Game)

Postby Willie900 » 26 Mar 2012, 02:56

DiploNEV wrote:
Willie900 wrote:1: what are river rules?
2: Erech is an uncaptureable SC, the Gondor player could never be killed if they had any sense
3: Withered Heath/Rivindell border is uncrossable when both are occupied
4: Gondor is really weak (except for point 2)--they are split up, and is one of two nations that has only one guaranteed SC (the other is Isengard, but they have many more options)


Secret pass?


It looks like the secret pass only borders N. Gondor (which gives it the same problem as the Withered Heath/Rivindell border)
Wow my signature used to be awful
User avatar
Willie900
 
Posts: 4148
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 02:30
Location: the Chocolate Factory
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (946)
All-game rating: (946)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Middle Earth Variant (Test Game)

Postby bluestreaksoccer » 26 Mar 2012, 03:10

Willie900 wrote:
DiploNEV wrote:
Willie900 wrote:1: what are river rules?
2: Erech is an uncaptureable SC, the Gondor player could never be killed if they had any sense
3: Withered Heath/Rivindell border is uncrossable when both are occupied
4: Gondor is really weak (except for point 2)--they are split up, and is one of two nations that has only one guaranteed SC (the other is Isengard, but they have many more options)


Secret pass?


It looks like the secret pass only borders N. Gondor (which gives it the same problem as the Withered Heath/Rivindell border)


Thanks for the suggestions!

The secret pass is from the movie (paths of the dead)

I will make gondor start from N.Gondor and Erech border Brown Lands.

Rivers are crossable except for the delta in the bottom.

I still don't get why withered heath/Rivendell border is a problem.
"LIVE. DIE. REPEAT" -how I play diplomacy
User avatar
bluestreaksoccer
 
Posts: 2190
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 18:55
Location: underneath a pile of homework
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (852)
All-game rating: (855)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Middle Earth Variant (Test Game)

Postby Willie900 » 26 Mar 2012, 03:12

986690324 wrote:I still don't get why withered heath/Rivendell border is a problem.


Because it means a single unit can hold it against any force, which is usually bad.
Wow my signature used to be awful
User avatar
Willie900
 
Posts: 4148
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 02:30
Location: the Chocolate Factory
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (946)
All-game rating: (946)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Middle Earth Variant (Test Game)

Postby bluestreaksoccer » 26 Mar 2012, 03:29

Here is the map after the changes:

Image

Brown Lands touches Erech btw (I forgot to delete the old line)
Last edited by bluestreaksoccer on 26 Mar 2012, 03:45, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVE. DIE. REPEAT" -how I play diplomacy
User avatar
bluestreaksoccer
 
Posts: 2190
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 18:55
Location: underneath a pile of homework
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (852)
All-game rating: (855)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Middle Earth Variant (Test Game)

Postby Willie900 » 26 Mar 2012, 03:30

looks better, though someone else might come and point something else out.
Wow my signature used to be awful
User avatar
Willie900
 
Posts: 4148
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 02:30
Location: the Chocolate Factory
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (946)
All-game rating: (946)
Timezone: GMT-5

Next

Return to Middle Earth - The Battle for Rohan {All Maps Visible}

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest