Quadrophenia needs Reserve Players & Emergency Generals!

28-players, four per country, with an anonymous rotation for who controls the country, played on the standard map. Created by Dunkelseele. GM: Dunkelseele. Game ended with no resolution.

Re: Quadrophenia Forum Game needs players (Reserves Needed!)

Postby Dunkelseele » 21 Mar 2009, 23:09

lotr_freak wrote:I'm not quite sure if "emergency generals" is the right term here, since everyone is kinda an emergency general for the other players playing their country.... lol.

True, but it seemed easier to borrow a commonly used term with a practically identical definition than to invent a new term and then define it as, "just like an Emergency General." :)
It takes two to lie. One to lie, and one to listen. - Homer Simpson

Host of Quadrophenia
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4046
Dunkelseele

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Quadrophenia Forum Game needs players (Reserves Needed!)

Postby lotr_freak » 21 Mar 2009, 23:43

Dunkelseele wrote:
lotr_freak wrote:I'm not quite sure if "emergency generals" is the right term here, since everyone is kinda an emergency general for the other players playing their country.... lol.

True, but it seemed easier to borrow a commonly used term with a practically identical definition than to invent a new term and then define it as, "just like an Emergency General." :)

Haha okay then. ;-)
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Gold Member of Classicists
lotr_freak

Standard rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: Quadrophenia needs Reserve Players & Emergency Generals!

Postby Dunkelseele » 25 Mar 2009, 02:44

Bump bump bump!

We could really use a couple of reserves players, we are quickly reaching the deadline and have a few yet to confirm! Jump in on the reserve list, and you will surely get a place in the game!

A slow moving variant that can be played casually, and will be a blast to watch!

Host of Quadrophenia
Dunkelseele

Postby lotr_freak » 25 Mar 2009, 02:49

When will this start? Assuming that everyone confirms of course....
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Gold Member of Classicists
lotr_freak

Standard rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Dunkelseele » 25 Mar 2009, 02:54

lotr_freak wrote:When will this start? Assuming that everyone confirms of course....

We have three to confirm, one who has informed me he must drop due to other commitments. I have two reserve players, so one is in for sure, that means without to other reserves, we need to of the three to confirm. I have high hopes, two of three have been very regular on the forums until this last weekend. I'm hoping they will be on tonight to confirm.

I've bugged a few folk I am friendly with as well.

So, assuming we get those other spots filled by the deadline tonight, the first deadline would for player group one would be Friday Night (10pm PDT, 1am EDT, so 6am British Summer Time I think its called?). All player groups will be PM'ed with notification of who is who tonight, so later player groups will have a ton of time to get to know one another before their own turn comes up (though not too much to talk about until they see what units are where for their own orders).

So, recruitment is still a good idea!

Host of Quadrophenia
Dunkelseele

Postby disposablehero » 25 Mar 2009, 03:42

You can put me down as a reserve or E Gen.
Nec temere, nec timide
disposablehero

Postby Dunkelseele » 14 May 2009, 18:17

Because of NMRs, I have moved several EGs up into player slots. I now find myself short on Emergency Generals. So I am petitioning players interested in helping out the game with submitting blind orders when the time arises to step up and volunteer. And one never knows. I started with 6, am now down to 1. You could perhaps end up joining the game at some point!

Please PM me if you are interested.

Host of Quadrophenia
Dunkelseele

Previous

Return to Quadrophenia {All Maps Lost}