Fall 1850

GMd by Morg. Play test, 4-way draw between presser84 (Texas), asudevil (Mexico), haroonriaz , Great Britain), mat.gopack (Spain)

Fall 1850

Postby Morg » 20 Mar 2012, 20:22

"I'd like to say word for the farmer. He come out west and made a lotta changes."
"He come out west and built a lotta fences. And built 'em right across the cattle ranges."

4-way Draw Proposal offered by Texas
Texas-Accepted
Mexico-No Official Response
Great Britain-Accepted
Spain-Accepted

Fall is here. I'll need orders by Friday the 23rd at 1600PST or 2400GMT.

14/26SCs needed for Victory
4/6 NUs remaining

Great Britain-Haroonriaz
A TOR s F NYK
F HUD s A ONT
A ONT H

Mexico-Asudevil
CHI-ELP
NMX support CHI-ELP
SAL support CHI-ELP
GoC-SPC
YUC-WCB
OAX-YUC
GLB-SAN Bounced 1v2

Spain-Mat.gopack
NYK-Ber
Flo-Car
MBB-Flo
KYW-MBB

Texas-Presser84
WIN S ILL to WIS
ILL to WIS
OHI to NYK
MIC to TOR Bounced 1v1
VIR S OHI to NYK
AUS to ELP
PAN S AUS to ELP
HOU S SAN to hold
ALA S LOU to Hold
KAN S LOU to Hold
LOU S HOU to Hold
HOU S SAN to Hold Repeated Order
Last edited by Morg on 21 Mar 2012, 02:48, edited 6 times in total.
"He says there are no easy answers. I say he's not looking hard enough!"
Morg

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1428)
All-game rating: (1561)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Fall 1850

Postby presser84 » 20 Mar 2012, 21:17

What a great plan.. Spain suicides into me running at a 2:1 center deficit to his ally. Then moves his fleets in behind Spain "just to help out" surrounding his Islands and ensures that Mexico wins the game once I'm no longer a threat.

Well played.
Westeros Diplomacy - GM/creator
Diplomacy of Ice and Fire 2 - GM
Keirador wrote:Stop being a dickasaurus rex.
presser84

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1460)
All-game rating: (1678)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby asudevil » 20 Mar 2012, 21:19

presser84 wrote:What a great plan.. Spain suicides into me running at a 2:1 center deficit to his ally. Then moves his fleets in behind Spain "just to help out" surrounding his Islands and ensures that Mexico wins the game once I'm no longer a threat.

Well played.

Last I checked, you still have me at 3:2
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby presser84 » 20 Mar 2012, 22:03

asudevil wrote:
presser84 wrote:What a great plan.. Spain suicides into me running at a 2:1 center deficit to his ally. Then moves his fleets in behind Spain "just to help out" surrounding his Islands and ensures that Mexico wins the game once I'm no longer a threat.

Well played.

Last I checked, you still have me at 3:2

Check the ratio after this year. You're catching up rather nicely and your position is wonderful, enviable. Spain is powerless to stop you. They have no armies and their back is completely turned. There is no one to contend you for the western settlements or the center of the board. Just watch, once I am cut down 1 or 2 centers Mexico will win this game.

It really is actually rather hopeless now that look at it even more closely

3 years orders:
I lose ALA and/or VIR but keep NYK (maybe) either +0 or -1 for me, +0 for Spain, and either +1 or +0 for GB
That puts us still at 11:8 maybe 10:8
The following year Mexico gets SAN and stabs Spain take HAV with the convoyed army from Yukon. +2 Mexico -1 (at least) Texas
now it's 10:9 in favor of Mexico.

Mexico builds Fleet in CAMec and an army in NMX
The next year HAI and CUB +2 Mexico -2 Spain
12:9 Mexico to Texas (maybe I have 10 if I gain in the north)

Maybe Spain can pester you a little bit with a fleet they pull back from the north but it's not likely. Maybe I get a few northern centers to suppliment my numbers but that's not likely either.
Especially if you wait a year/year and half or so to let Spain get his head buried deep up my [email protected]@ but soon enough that'll be the sequence.

You see the key to your winning is your units are more diversified and you are a corner power. I built all armies so as not to be a threat to Spain and paint you more of threat and until they started ignoring me/attacking me/not caring about this game it was working nicely. But now it works against me and to an extent him as well. Me not having a navy makes defending my coast difficult but it also means I can't help him once you get large enough to stab and go for the win yourself.

I can't even bunker down in the corner because I will not be able to create a stalemate line in the south. Without foreign armies to come to my aid (armies that no one even has) the mass of centers in the, well, center can only be gained by Mexico. Any three of those centers will do to get you to or above 14 you need to win not to mention that as you do so you may be able to retake some of the centers that are taken from me like ALA. You might not even need the center of the board since you can build anywhere. More fleets means you can pepper the entire coast east coast until either the center of the board breaks or the coast as well. All of this I am powerless to stop.

I hate to say it but the dynamic right now is that either I will win by Spanish indifference or Mexico will win.

So I guess the only thing for me to do is to bite the bullet and formally offer a 4 way DIAS. A 4 way draw in a 5 player game. BLEH but what can I do right?
Last edited by presser84 on 20 Mar 2012, 22:18, edited 2 times in total.
presser84

Postby presser84 » 20 Mar 2012, 22:17

another scenario would be Spain goes +1 this year and me -1. he could build a unit on his backside to make him feel a little more comfortable but once you gain SAN from me the number are not there.

You might not even need to stab Spain. If you wanted to draw the game out you have him weaken me from the east and take, SAN, DAL, AUS, HOU, KAN, and eventually MNT to win the game. You might even be able to settle SND and SNF and win that way too. You could just let Spain do your dirty work. The point is that the options are endless for you to win with Spain blindly throwing themself at me in a false notion that they must stop the leader. Even if you deny my draw proposal and Spain got wise it would be tough to stop. Spain can't even play kingmaker for me. You could just creep up from the south while I supplemented lost centers in the North but I would struggle to create a stalemate line. By then the whole western continent would be yours and I would still lack the navy to stop you from swooping in from the west.
presser84

Postby asudevil » 20 Mar 2012, 22:36

I like the fan fiction. I dont buy it for a second (although to be honest I cant see the map on my work computer.)...I still think this is your game to lose...If everyone else accepts the 4 way draw...eh...you're right that does come off AWFUL when you say it, I suppose I would accept it as well.

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby presser84 » 20 Mar 2012, 22:39

asudevil wrote:I like the fan fiction. I dont buy it for a second (although to be honest I cant see the map on my work computer.)...I still think this is your game to lose...If everyone else accepts the 4 way draw...eh...you're right that does come off AWFUL when you say it, I suppose I would accept it as well.

why not just straight accept? Do you think they can get a three way with the numbers as they are?
presser84

Postby asudevil » 20 Mar 2012, 22:41

presser84 wrote:
asudevil wrote:I like the fan fiction. I dont buy it for a second (although to be honest I cant see the map on my work computer.)...I still think this is your game to lose...If everyone else accepts the 4 way draw...eh...you're right that does come off AWFUL when you say it, I suppose I would accept it as well.

why not just straight accept? Do you think they can get a three way with the numbers as they are?

I think they can get a 3way...

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby presser84 » 20 Mar 2012, 23:06

asudevil wrote:
presser84 wrote:

LOL
presser84

Postby asudevil » 20 Mar 2012, 23:07

presser84 wrote:
asudevil wrote:

LOL

Unless you end up king-making me...no reason we cant fight back and knock you out...

asudevil
Premium Member

Next

Return to Game 1