05.30 August 4th

Game for 7 set in riots in London over one night. Unusual rules! Devised by Andy Mansfield, introduced and GMd by Pedros. Winner: thewysecat (Nurses)

05.30 August 4th

Postby Pedros » 18 Feb 2012, 12:52

Dawn breaks and the Police issue a statement hoping (and probably praying) that this night will soon be over!

Two unexpected destroys for the Nurses - the police actually force their way into Ludgate Hill and another nurse unit is destroyed, in the City Road. On the other hand, their forward march seems relatively unstoppable! The Royals also lose their Mayfair Club!

I'm sure Wyse will check this adjudication with a fine toothcomb as usual. Good job - for some reason I find this map much more complicated to adjudicate than any other I've seen. But so far as I can tell there are four other retreats this time - Police from St james Park and Victoria Embankment; Royals from Lambeth; and East Enders from Old Street. Apologies that I left the Mayfair and Ludgate Hill units in place on the map, but they've nowhere to go.

Retreats please by 1100 GMT (0600 EST) Sunday 19 February

London nights.jpg
London nights.jpg (215.29 KiB) Viewed 2011 times

Police
St James Park support Victoria Embankment : Dislodged : Retreat
WAB - Strand : Bounced
Victoria Embankment support WAB - Strand : Dislodged : Retreat
Qn Victoria Street - Ludgate Hill : Resolved
Cheapside support Qn Victoria Street - Ludgate Hill : Resolved
Cornhill - Cannon St : Resolved
Traitors Gate support Fenchurch Street - The Tower : Resolved
Fenchurch Street support - The Tower : Resolved

Royals (WarSmith)
Palace Gardens move to Knightsbridge : Resolved
Mayfair move to the mall : Dislodged : Retreat
Lambeth move elephant and castle : Dislodged : Retreat
marshallsea move union st : Bounced

Nurses (thewysecat)
City Road to Liverpool Street : Destroyed
Goswell Rd to Old Street : Resolved
Ironmonger Row S Goswell Rd to Old Street : Resolved
Finsbury to Goswell Rd : Resolved
Barbican to Moorgate : Bounced
Charterhouse to Barbican : Bounced
Ludgate Hill S Barbican to Moorgate : Dislodged : Retreat
Holborn Circus S Charterhouse to Barbican : Failed
Leather Lane to Strand : Bounced
Oxford Circus to Mayfair
Leicester Sq to Victoria Embankment : Resolved
Covent Garden S Leicester Sq to Victoria Embankment : Resolved
Tottenham Court Rd to Oxford Circus
Regents Park S Portland Place to Baker Street : Resolved
St Johns Wood S Baker Street to Park Lane : Resolved
Park Lane to Hyde Park : Resolved
Baker Street to Park Lane : Resolved
Portland Place to Baker Street : Resolved
Haymarket S Oxford Circus to Mayfair : Resolved
2A Trafalgar Sq to St James Park : Resolved
The Mall to Palace Gardens : Bounced
Strand to BLB : Resolved
WAB to Jubilee Gardens : Resolved
Southwark to St Saviour's Dock : Resolved
Waterloo to Albert Embankment : Resolved
The Cut S Elephant & Castle to Lambeth : Resolved
Elephant & Castle to Lambeth : Resolved
Union St to Bermondsey : Bounced

East Enders (DiploNEV)
lob-bermondrey : Bounced
jubilee gardens-southbank : Resolved
aldsgate-the tower : Bounced
houndditch-leadenhall : Resolved
moorgate-barbican : Bounceds
liverpool st-city road : Resolved
Hoxton S liverpool st-city road : Resolved
Old St S liverpool st -city road : Dislodged : Retreat
houndditch-leadenhall : Duplicate

Taxi Drivers (Palin)
NMR
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Orders now included

Postby Pedros » 18 Feb 2012, 19:38

Sorry for not publishing them earlier, but they're there now!
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Re: 05.30 August 4th

Postby thewysecat » 18 Feb 2012, 19:59

The unit shown in Bermondsey should be in Union St.
"Of all the things I have known myself to be, I never recognized the fool."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuNdPgM8eY
thewysecat

Standard rating: (1518)
All-game rating: (1526)
Timezone: GMT-4

Postby Pedros » 19 Feb 2012, 11:42

Thanks Wyse - corrected
Pedros

Retreats

Postby Pedros » 19 Feb 2012, 13:22

Police: After a complaint from Wyse about me advancing to Ludgate Hill, I was seriously tempted to order Victoria Emabnkment retreat Trafalgar Square, but it would serve little purpose! So, Victoria Emabnkment - Whitehall, St james Park - WEB
Royals: Retreat waterloo
East Enders: No order; Old Street destroyed

Final orders, for 6am on August 4th, are due by 1130 GMT (0630 EST) on Wednesday 22 February

London nights.jpg
London nights.jpg (215.11 KiB) Viewed 2010 times
Pedros

Postby thewysecat » 19 Feb 2012, 15:35

Order whatever you like at retreat. The last time I took Vic Embankment I made sure you could not retreat to an SC as that 'mattered' in the timelines. This turn it does not so do whatever. It prevents a build but there is no more build phase so - no odds. It does not change ownership either so it has no game consequence if police are sitting in my SCs. The last 'year' I did this it would have done as I wanted to build in a SC you might have retreated to had I been careless. I forget the exact details.

If you want to make my complaint public I am more than happy to discuss it in open thread. I was being respectful by keeping it to PM. It has no game outcome relevance, but the principle matters for future action of anyone else GMing this game including you.

The rules are clear. Police orders' rationale are to defend the river. During 0530 and 0600 no unit on the second rank can reach the river before game end or make it possible for any other unit to do so. During the 0530 phase only things on a bridge or next to one can impact south of the river before game end and so since they cannot be stopped by the police the job of the police is essentially now done. They have nothing more to offer the game after 0500 has been resolved.

An attack on Ludgate or any other second rank space 0500 or earlier is entirely valid. Doing so at 0530 or after is not. This is because any second rank unit cannot have any threat on anything south of the river. This is a GM oversight - Pedros in attacking the second rank at 0530 is not following the rules for police whose rationale is and must only be defence of the river. That defence can have all sorts of unintended consequences that hurt or hinder various players - no problem. But after 0530 an attack on the second rank can only have as a consequence helping or hindering certain powers as it can have no impact on defence of the river given that the game ends at the end of 0600.

Therefore this police order during the 0530 is a breach of the rules. It is invalid. In ordering at 0530 as if it is 0500 or earlier he has committed an oversight and breached the rules.
thewysecat

Postby Pedros » 19 Feb 2012, 18:45

I said it before Wyse, and I say it again. Rubbish. My orders were consistent with the way I've ordered the Police throughout the game. That seems to me the correct way to proceed.
Pedros

Postby thewysecat » 19 Feb 2012, 19:27

Pedros wrote:I said it before Wyse, and I say it again. Rubbish. My orders were consistent with the way I've ordered the Police throughout the game. That seems to me the correct way to proceed.

Yep, the usual response - bluff and bluster - blinkers on - head down and charge - don't engage in the substance of the debate or respond to the points. Just throw out pejorative stuff. There is no point engaging with you Pedros because you don't seem to be capable of reciprocating with engagement. I will leave it there.

This game has unfortunately brought little pleasure and I shall be glad to see the end of it. Irrespective of that my thanks to all involved for their efforts including our redoubtable GM who provided me with a continual test of my integrity by virtually every phase adjudicating incorrectly and often in a way that favoured me but which had to be corrected. The examples are too numerous to even recall. My especial thanks to Gordon whose participation I appreciated most of all.

I have submitted my final turn orders. I encourage all to do the same so that this can be ended.
thewysecat

Postby WarSmith » 21 Feb 2012, 05:16

thewysecat wrote:
Pedros wrote:I said it before Wyse, and I say it again. Rubbish. My orders were consistent with the way I've ordered the Police throughout the game. That seems to me the correct way to proceed.

Yep, the usual response - bluff and bluster - blinkers on - head down and charge - don't engage in the substance of the debate or respond to the points. Just throw out pejorative stuff. There is no point engaging with you Pedros because you don't seem to be capable of reciprocating with engagement. I will leave it there.

This game has unfortunately brought little pleasure and I shall be glad to see the end of it. Irrespective of that my thanks to all involved for their efforts including our redoubtable GM who provided me with a continual test of my integrity by virtually every phase adjudicating incorrectly and often in a way that favoured me but which had to be corrected. The examples are too numerous to even recall. My especial thanks to Gordon whose participation I appreciated most of all.

I have submitted my final turn orders. I encourage all to do the same so that this can be ended.

I can safely say that for effort, attention to detail and on many other counts - you deserve this one Wyse.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1754)
All-game rating: (1664)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Pedros » 22 Feb 2012, 14:17

thesysecat wrote:This game has unfortunately brought little pleasure and I shall be glad to see the end of it.

I had decided to say nothing further in this discussion, but I had to reply to this one and say that the feeling is entirely mutual!
Pedros

Return to London Nights {All Maps Lost}