SUPERPATIS Rules 11 Consultation

Compete in a Tournament game hosted on PlayDiplomacy.

SUPERPATIS Rules 11 Consultation

Postby dib » 23 Apr 2020, 12:44

A player has asked for consultation on RULE 11

Currently this reads

11 For between round : Replacement players will receive the average points of those players they have replaced during that round. So if two players have dropped out with 8 and 10 points respectively at end of Round 1 then the two replacement will receive 9 points each.

He wrote

OPTIONS A Wondering about the replacements scores. Are they all getting 15? Which places all 3 above me (and prob others) where I was above one and tied with one before. So not a big fan of that.

OPTION B Or does replacement 1 get the 24 point score, replacement 2 gets 14 score etc.? Fair enough.

OPTIONS C Or maybe give all 3 the lowest score (7 Foody) so the replacements don't get the upper hand right off the bat?

OPTIONS D Or do they come in as a replacement with a score of zero?

I will run a poll on this. We need to balance the hard fought points gotten in the trenches against making it attractive for folks to join...

I will leave this for 24 hours for any other suggestions or OPTIONS

Then run a poll

We cant please everyone is the judges view but suggest away

ALSO AN UPDATE FROM CALADRIUS UPDATE FOR TOURNAMENT PLAYERS

4 new games 173305/6/7/8 have now been set up for round 2 to begin.

Players have now been drawn into one of those games and also had a country drawn for them on a random basis.

However everyone was guaranteed a different power to the one they had in the first round and also they will face no more than 2 of the same opponents they played in round 1.

The first invites were sent out today, one per game in draw order, asking that player to sign in with a password and select their drawn country from the list as their 'preference.'

Once they have done so correctly the second player in that game will be asked to do the same and so on.

So expect to receive your game invite any time within the next 0-14 days.

We believe this process will take between 7 and 14 days to complete so please sign in as soon as possible after getting your invite and no later than 48 hours afterwards.

Please also take care to pick the right country as otherwise that particular game will have to be set up again from scratch.

Thanks everyone

Caladrius
Last edited by dib on 23 Apr 2020, 13:37, edited 3 times in total.
dib

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1824)
All-game rating: (1942)
Timezone: GMT

Re: SUPERPATIS Rules 11 Consultation

Postby Strategus » 23 Apr 2020, 12:58

I would say he rules were issued before anyone signed up. Time for comments was then not now. It is disingenuous to complain about rules because it puts you in a worse position. What if we change it now, and then you don't like it after round 2? Can we change the scoring system so equal second gets extra bonus points?
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1546
All-game rating: 1652

Postby dib » 23 Apr 2020, 13:03

Strategus wrote:I would say he rules were issued before anyone signed up. Time for comments was then not now. It is disingenuous to complain about rules because it puts you in a worse position. What if we change it now, and then you don't like it after round 2? Can we change the scoring system so equal second gets extra bonus points?

Thanks for the feedback. Good point.
dib

Postby dib » 23 Apr 2020, 13:33

Will run the poll tomorrow and add in your view Strat
dib

Postby Custer » 23 Apr 2020, 15:25

I guess I'm a dumb ass. And I know that. I thought first replacement gets first dropped score/country. Second replacement gets second dropped......etc.

But whatever. Give em all the high points, why average?

Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in Da U.P. in Da Whitehawk and an original Yooper!
Standard rating: 1095
All-game rating: 1044
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby HonestAbe » 24 Apr 2020, 01:29

The points are averaged to keep the total score the same before and after substitutions.

The rule is clear. It should be changed for the next edition (if needed), not now.
HonestAbe

Standard rating: (1411)
All-game rating: (1587)
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby Custer » 24 Apr 2020, 03:42

Its never too late to get it right.

Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in Da U.P. in Da Whitehawk and an original Yooper!
Standard rating: 1095
All-game rating: 1044
Timezone: GMT-6

Return to PlayDip Tournaments