New tourneys in 2016 - BE AWARE!

Compete in a Tournament game hosted on PlayDiplomacy.

New tourneys in 2016 - BE AWARE!

Postby super_dipsy » 29 Jan 2016, 08:06

I already posted something about this in the thread on the new Gunboat tourney being planned, but it occurs to me now is the time to put a sticky in the Tournaments forum to alert any potential new tournaments to the same points.

Avalanche announced that the site is largely being rewritten, here http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51553. In that announcement, he gave a target date for cutover as 'before summer' which I take to be around May/June sort of time. Because this is a major rewrite, and it is almost impossible to develop bug-free code, teething problems (possibly having a big impact) are likely.

If you are planning a new tournament, it would be wise to take this into account. If you can be sure to finish before the May timeframe then I would think you will be fine. Otherwise, it might be best to wait for the new code base to settle down and start in the summer, or at least you should make sure all participants are aware that your tourney might be disrupted, possibly heavily. Obviously the development team will do their best to limit the impact and fix things quickly, but since a tourney is often a big investment of a player's time, it might be particularly annoying to have it disrupted.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)
Timezone: GMT

Re: New tourneys in 2016 - BE AWARE!

Postby Hindu Warrior » 29 Jan 2016, 19:41

super_dipsy wrote:I .

Avalanche announced that the site is largely being rewritten, here http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51553. In that announcement, he gave a target date for cutover as 'before summer'

Does revamping include forum interface and navigation revamping also . Or right now the scope is website only .

Asking Just out of curiosity , I am happy with all the things :roll:
HW
Hindu Warrior

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 774
All-game rating: 900
Timezone: GMT

Return to PlayDip Tournaments