My next game - now decided

GM : Queen of Hearts then Pedros. Winner: Ceebs (Mexico)

Re: My next game - *Imperium* or *War in the Americas*?

Postby Pedros » 04 May 2011, 07:29

Willie900 wrote:then I would say Americas.
when does this start? and how does a Forum Game work (forgive the noobiness, please, I'm new to PlayDip)

Great Willie. You're on the interested list

The mechanics are as Tooth described them. Results, general discussion, Public Press messages go through the Forum; private communications between players and with the GM through PMs. It takes more work than a main site game, because the mechanics aren't so smooth and you have to make sure to keep on top of things. In games I run I aim to send a PM when new results are posted, and another about 24 hours before movement deadlines (my deadlines are usually 72-24-24 but negotiable, and definitely speed.

Two tips I think are vital to making it work -

1. Change your UCP settings to get an e-mail alert for new messages, and Subscribe to the Sub-Forum where the game is played (otherwise you'l miss some for sure!)
  2. Save the current version of the map to your desktop - you're bound to want to refer to it fairly often

And take a look at a couple of the Forum games which are running at the moment (Active in the Forum Games Forum) to get a feel of them.
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Pedros » 04 May 2011, 07:32

Yhanthlei wrote:I've never tried either, but I would be more interested in Imperial.

Imperial or Imperium Ylanthei? Waterice Man is the Imperial king! - But it's running already
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Postby Pedros » 04 May 2011, 07:35

It's looking like Americas! I'm going to have to give Imperium a shot soon though. I agree with Palin that it might not last as long as some games - though I'm not sure that the first game played here is a good guide. But the first couple of years arfe completely different from anything else I've seen.

If anhybody else wants to run it I'm up for a game! :)
Pedros

Postby Willie900 » 04 May 2011, 12:24

Pedros wrote:
Willie900 wrote:then I would say Americas.
when does this start? and how does a Forum Game work (forgive the noobiness, please, I'm new to PlayDip)

Great Willie. You're on the interested list

-Lotsa advice-

thanks a lot! I'll be sure to do that
Wow my signature used to be awful
Willie900

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (946)
All-game rating: (946)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby AardvarkArmy » 05 May 2011, 00:47

I'd be interested in Americas
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1066
All-game rating: 1395
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: My next game - now decided

Postby Pedros » 05 May 2011, 06:21

This looks pretty conclusive so I'm closing this topic and moving it to the general section. All those who expressed interest are listed in the new 'Americas' thread in New Games (viewtopic.php?f=253&t=19966)
Pedros

Previous

Return to Game 1