Diplomacy Map Maker Question

Play a Diplomacy variant with a human GM using either forum PMs or Discord for communication. PbF games include a wider variety of maps and rules than what our site (or any site) can support!

Moderator: Morg

Forum rules
Questions about variants being run on the main site go here.

Diplomacy Map Maker Question

Postby jeeb00 » 25 Aug 2014, 21:22

Does anyone know where I can find reliable map editing software for MAC OS? I used to play some PBEM games with friends using Realpolitik, but it hasn't been updated and is no longer supported on Macs. We're playing the Colonial Variant now, which I can't seem to find an editable version of anywhere, but Realpolitik had a great version of it that you could edit.
jeeb00

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1437)
All-game rating: (1539)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Diplomacy Map Maker Question

Postby Pedros » 26 Aug 2014, 03:25

Hi jeeb. Sadly paint.net, which most GMs here use, is Windows only (it's voluntary freeware.) A couple of GMs with Macs have used GIMP and there's a topic about it at viewtopic.php?f=426&t=14320. GhostEcho who contributed most of it is still around and would, I'm sure, be helpful if you need it -when I looked at it it seemed more complicated than I wanted, as a non-graphics person.

Hope that helps
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Diplomacy Map Maker Question

Postby jeeb00 » 26 Aug 2014, 22:44

Pedros wrote:Hi jeeb. Sadly paint.net, which most GMs here use, is Windows only (it's voluntary freeware.) A couple of GMs with Macs have used GIMP and there's a topic about it at viewtopic.php?f=426&t=14320. GhostEcho who contributed most of it is still around and would, I'm sure, be helpful if you need it -when I looked at it it seemed more complicated than I wanted, as a non-graphics person.

Hope that helps

Thanks Pedros! I'll look into that. I appreciate the response!
jeeb00

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1437)
All-game rating: (1539)
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Play-by-Forum Dip