Anonymous draw proposals?

Play a Diplomacy variant with a human GM using either forum PMs or Discord for communication. PbF games include a wider variety of maps and rules than what our site (or any site) can support!

Moderator: Morg

Forum rules
Questions about variants being run on the main site go here.

Re: Anonymous draw proposals?

Postby Pedros » 17 Aug 2012, 17:54

It's always possible to change the rules for a particular game. The GM is basically in charge of that, though he can open it to player discussion or votes.

The issue about Solo Only games is really separate from this one - and those who play them aren't bound by the pledge outside those particular games. It's simply an undertaking not to give in to a draw in that series of games, unless there's an absolute stalemate reached.
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Big thumbs down!

Postby Pedros » 17 Aug 2012, 17:57

It's quite clear that the overwhelming (pretty well unanimous apart from my own doubts! - and they are only doubts, not a definite opinion) feeling among players is to keep public draw proposals and voting as the norm for Forum Games.

I won't lock this thread, because the subject might perfectly reasonably crop up again - but so far as my original question is concerned, I regard it as closed at least for the present
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Previous

Return to Play-by-Forum Dip