Student App

If you're a student at school/college/university and want to join the group, post here... we'll get back to you.

Moderators: mat.gopack, nanooktheeskimo

Student App

Postby ironcladsoldier » 13 Aug 2015, 15:53

Heyo,

I'm a 21 year old student (both collegiate and of Dip) based in Nee York/New Haven. Going into my senior year at college. I've played a few games with friends before and really enjoyed them, so I'm excited to dive much deeper into the strategy and meta-game. I'd love to join because I enjoy labels and communities :) and also would love to play with people of a similar skill level (whatever that turns out to be). I'm a sound designer and EECS major, avid Terry Pratchett fan, and I am legitimately excited for the upcoming Star Wars movie. All in all, a verifiable nerd!

Did I miss anything?
ironcladsoldier
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1440
All-game rating: 1467
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Student App

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 13 Aug 2015, 17:25

Welcome to the club!

As far as games go, there's a students game ongoing at the moment I'm already a part of, but you're welcome to try and drum up some interest to start one yourself, or soon I'll be trying to organize one you're welcome to jump in on too :)

Beyond that, remember to play your music loudly and use lots of possibly misplaced and occasionally ambiguous in meaning smileys and emoticons :idea: , and you're good to go 8-)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1389

Re: Student App

Postby ironcladsoldier » 13 Aug 2015, 21:08

Of course! I'll remember to turn my Led Zeppelin and Iron Butterfly up to ear-shattering levels and use newfangled lingo
:ugeek:

Keep me in the loop about upcoming student games! As the Dwarf Fortress players say, losing is fun. Excited to be a part of the community!
ironcladsoldier
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1440
All-game rating: 1467

Return to Applications