Variant Imperium, Intro & Sign Ups

GM: Morg. Winner: Pedros

Re: Variant Imperium, Intro & Sign Ups

Postby Willie900 » 16 Sep 2011, 02:56

diplomat42 wrote:How the bloody he** did the first reply get "beaten to it?"

And you don't confirm you're signing up if that's what you're thinking. I confirmed cause I thought I was ON THE STARTING ROSTER.

I think its because you didn't actually sign up. you made suggestions, but you didn't quite sign up officialy.
Wow my signature used to be awful
Willie900

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (946)
All-game rating: (946)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Morg » 16 Sep 2011, 03:25

Ohhh k,

Now I see what is going on. Yes, Willie900's take on it is correct. Diplomat42, you were the first one to reply to the entire forum topic. Stating that
48/24/24's too fast for me but I'd definitely join if you slowed it down.
Willie900 expressed the same sentiment, and I slowed it down. Next Willie900 signed up, you however did not. I must have assumed that although it was now slow enough for Willie900 it was still too fast moving for you. The roster began to fill up to 5 with one slot remaining. I then sought other applicants and Palin signed up filling slot #6.

So something for me to take away. Rather than seeking other applicants I probably should've dropped you a line asking if 72/24/24 was sufficiently slower.

However I needed you to specify that it had been sufficiently slowed down in order to place your name on the roster. There was a clearly listed roster, which you must've noticed was filling with names and your name wasn't being included. That would've been a very good indication that I didn't know you were intending to participate even with the slower time table. For a few days that roster would've been full and we probably could've already started without extra advertising. Had I known that you were intending to participate I would have closed the roster much earlier. I'm sorry.

However we are still waiting for one person to confirm. I sent a PM to all people on the roster requesting them to confirm at 12:30pm [GMT-8] Sept 14. If that person has not confirmed within 72hrs (1 phase length) of that message, their roster slot will default to you. The last time I asked AsuDevil about it he was still a little busy.

I hope that can be considered fair.
"He says there are no easy answers. I say he's not looking hard enough!"
Morg

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1428)
All-game rating: (1561)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby asudevil » 16 Sep 2011, 04:53

I have 26 games going, and a forum one...Im a little over my limit right now and need a couple of my games to get finished quickly...before I get overwhelmed.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby ninjaruler » 16 Sep 2011, 04:59

hey, let diplomat take my spot I am too busy.
¸„‹•*¸„‹•*„¸„‹•*•*•›„¸„¸„‹•*;;;:::::.....Ninja.....:::::;;;*•›„¸„¸„‹•*•*•›„¸„*•›„¸*•›„¸
..............*•›„¸*•›„¸„¸„‹•*•*•Mafia/Diplomacy/CYOC‹•*•*•›„¸„¸„‹•*¸„‹•*...............
ninjaruler

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (958)

Postby Pedros » 16 Sep 2011, 10:46

Hey - is this going to be the first Dip game I've ever played where we're all going to be nice to each other? :lol:
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Postby diplomat42 » 16 Sep 2011, 23:12

Pedros wrote:Hey - is this going to be the first Dip game I've ever played where we're all going to be nice to each other? :lol:

There actually was one game I was in where we were really nice to each other in the shoutbox until the stabs happened :D

So I guess I get a spot.
Morg wrote:Diplomat42, you were the first one to reply to the entire forum topic. Stating that
48/24/24's too fast for me but I'd definitely join if you slowed it down.
So something for me to take away. Rather than seeking other applicants I probably should've dropped you a line asking if 72/24/24 was sufficiently slower.

Yeah, my bad on that. Should've responded but I assumed...

Morg wrote:There was a clearly listed roster, which you must've noticed was filling with names and your name wasn't being included.

Unfortunately I never reread the OP even in these situations. Again, my bad.

Morg wrote:I hope that can be considered fair.

All's well that ends well and yeah, ASU sounds a bit busy.

(Count this as a CONFIRM)
Glorious Nation of the Himalaya et.al in CYOC.
Classicist, Whippersnapper.

Generation 32 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

JOIN CITY-STATES AND ZOMBIES!
IT WILL BE OFF THE CHAIN
diplomat42

Standard rating: (1140)
All-game rating: (1289)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby cheesers52 » 16 Sep 2011, 23:43

Pedros wrote:Hey - is this going to be the first Dip game I've ever played where we're all going to be nice to each other? :lol:

Not if I can help it :twisted:

Wait, did NinjaRuler and Asudevil both drop out? Which means we still need someone? ...
cheesers52

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby asudevil » 17 Sep 2011, 00:08

I was never in, I have always been an alternate.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Morg » 17 Sep 2011, 00:27

Asudevil, you still are an alternate.

Ninjaruler. Can I list you as a reserve then?
"He says there are no easy answers. I say he's not looking hard enough!"
Morg

Standard rating: (1428)
All-game rating: (1561)

The River Rules

Postby Pedros » 17 Sep 2011, 04:02

There have been two descriptions of the river rules in this thread, and neither of them exactly match the actual rule, so I thought I'd quote that here so we're clear about it (Morg - if it's not what you think we're playing, let us know!)

Rules

1.Game starts in Spring 401.

2.There are no home-SCs. In the Adjustments Phase, a unit may be built at any owned and open SC.

3.The Rivers Rhenus and Danuvius serve as the borders of several areas. Thracia and Galatia are adjacent to each other, as are Baetica and Mauretania. While an ordinary move is counted with one plus supports, an army crossing a river is counted with one force less. Support crossing a river can’t be given if the target zone is on the other side. These borders are ordinary borders for fleets. Fleets aren't able to move inside the continent.

4.Byzantium is adjacent to the Aegaeis and has a canal.

5.15 of the 28 SCs are necessary for a solo.

In other words, if army A wants to cross the river to square B, it can only be supported from territories on the same side of the river as B. If it has, say, two supports, then it's normal strength would be three but becaujse of the river it counts as only two. An unsupported army can only cross into an empty, uncontested territory
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Game 2