Monday June 20 Possible Live Game

Set up a Live game here. Live games are only available to PREMIUM members.
Forum rules
Guidance for setting up a Live Game.
1. Advertise first! Make sure you have enough interested people to set the game up.
2. Place the date and proposed start time (including time zone) in the title of the post.
3. Post details of the game - game type, length of live period, whether the game will end when the live period does, after-live deadlines if not, etc.
4. Update the first post regularly to reflect changes, players, etc.
5. Players should be on the Forum approximately 30 minutes before the game starts and should post in the thread that they are ready. Check the game thread REGULARLY and don't leave the site!
6. Include in the game description that it is live!
7. Should a player NOT turn up, remember others can see the game on the home page of the games site - a replacement MAY be found.
See Organising a Live Game and Participating in a Live Game.

Monday June 20 Possible Live Game

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 17 Jun 2016, 03:06

Hey all! I've got some free time this Monday, June 20, and if I can get enough interest then I'd like to run a live game, as I haven't played one in ages! It'll have to be 3 hours at least, because I don't want to have to play too many years after the live phase ends ;)

So, possible settings. Please leave a comment or a PM if you have a preference you'd like changed, or if you'll be around to play!

3 hours live phase
Classic or AMED map, depending on interest level
Anon countries
2/1/1 deadlines after live
Preferences country selection
The good units. The really good ones. Not the shark and dinos good ones (looking at you balefully, Dipsy! :evil: ;) ), but still, pretty good.

Would create it between 11am and 1pm EST (5-7pm CET). Anyone interested, give me a shout! :)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1225
All-game rating: 1407
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Monday June 20 Possible Live Game

Postby PeytonManThing » 17 Jun 2016, 04:58

I see these 3 hour games, but who is able to do three hours straight with virtually no break. Is there a way to pause live games without eating into the 3 hour time, like sometime in the middle? I'm interested in a live game, but a 3 hour game with strict 15 minute turn time limits is a turn off for me.
Peyton Manning = GOAT

Classicists Gold
PeytonManThing

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1590)
All-game rating: (1611)

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 17 Jun 2016, 05:32

PeytonManThing wrote:I see these 3 hour games, but who is able to do three hours straight with virtually no break. Is there a way to pause live games without eating into the 3 hour time, like sometime in the middle? I'm interested in a live game, but a 3 hour game with strict 15 minute turn time limits is a turn off for me.

No way to pause it in the middle and pick it back up as a live game that I know of. Three hours is a bit taxing, and normally I'd be happy with a 2 hour live, but with the forum games I've got going on I don't really want to tie myself down to that many game years after the live! What I do, and obviously this doesn't work for everyone, but I play from my laptop so I can eat and go to the bathroom with minimal interruption, or I have food and water set out ahead of time if I'm playing from a desktop setup. It's not ideal, but it usually gets me through.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

nanooktheeskimo

Postby StarDolphin » 20 Jun 2016, 20:44

PeytonManThing wrote:I see these 3 hour games, but who is able to do three hours straight with virtually no break. Is there a way to pause live games without eating into the 3 hour time, like sometime in the middle? I'm interested in a live game, but a 3 hour game with strict 15 minute turn time limits is a turn off for me.

Ehh, when I play around the table, we usually go 3 hours, break for lunch, then 5 hours, break for dinner, then a few more hours to finish ;)...

Sadly I have to work today (in PST, sooo)
StarDolphin

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1122)
All-game rating: (1304)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 20 Jun 2016, 22:09

StarDolphin wrote:

Ehh, when I play around the table, we usually go 3 hours, break for lunch, then 5 hours, break for dinner, then a few more hours to finish ;)...

Sadly I have to work today (in PST, sooo)

Don't worry about it--no one showed up anyways :)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

nanooktheeskimo

Return to Live Games