March 3 Live game extravaganza

Set up a Live game here. Live games are only available to PREMIUM members.
Forum rules
Guidance for setting up a Live Game.
1. Advertise first! Make sure you have enough interested people to set the game up.
2. Place the date and proposed start time (including time zone) in the title of the post.
3. Post details of the game - game type, length of live period, whether the game will end when the live period does, after-live deadlines if not, etc.
4. Update the first post regularly to reflect changes, players, etc.
5. Players should be on the Forum approximately 30 minutes before the game starts and should post in the thread that they are ready. Check the game thread REGULARLY and don't leave the site!
6. Include in the game description that it is live!
7. Should a player NOT turn up, remember others can see the game on the home page of the games site - a replacement MAY be found.
See Organising a Live Game and Participating in a Live Game.

March 3 Live game extravaganza

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 02 Mar 2016, 21:58

Alright, headaches and a friend visiting have knocked me out the last few days, but this time is the real deal.

Live game, March 1rd. Details to follow. If you don't like em, leave a comment and we'll see what can be done. I'm coming out of semi-retirement for this one, so make it count ;)

Anon countries
Ranked
Preferences country selection
3/1/2 deadlines following the live period
3 hour live period
Classic map on first try, AMED on second try if needed. There will be no third try.
The good units. You know, not those less good ones. ;)

Creation time of first game: Between 9am EST/4pm CET and 12pm EST/6pm CET
Last edited by nanooktheeskimo on 03 Mar 2016, 06:41, edited 1 time in total.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of Sengoku, Heptarchy 14.

NorthEast

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1225
All-game rating: 1407
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: March 3 Live game extravaganza

Postby Big Gun » 03 Mar 2016, 02:03

Sounds just like more Much Ado About Nothing. You keep promising to start live games but then don't show up yourself. Pretty pointless and also off-putting for potential new players...
KING OF VERSAILLES

Face-to-face Tournaments
1982 MidCon - Birmingham, UK
2017 WDC - Oxford, UK
2017 MidCon - Derby, UK
2018 WDC - Washington D.C., USA
2018 MidCon - Derby, UK
2018 Dutch Open - Groningen, The Netherlands
Big Gun
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1419
All-game rating: 2331
Timezone: GMT

Re: March 3 Live game extravaganza

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 03 Mar 2016, 02:29

Big Gun wrote:Sounds just like more Much Ado About Nothing. You keep promising to start live games but then don't show up yourself. Pretty pointless and also off-putting for potential new players...

One, I can't control when I have headaches. Frustrating, I know, for me more than any of you, but it is what it is. Two, I will always prioritize a friend I've known since I was a kid over playing a live game with people I've never met. Three, take your negativity elsewhere please. I understand that you have your own issues with me, and I get that, but that should be dealt with privately, rather than through public sniping like this. If you want to be a negative nellie, that's your right, but please do it somewhere else. I've started many live games in my time, and jumped in many more as they were forming. Some ad hoc, some planned. Both approaches work, but in my experience it's a combination that works the best more often than not.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of Sengoku, Heptarchy 14.

NorthEast

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo

Standard rating: 1225
All-game rating: 1407
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Live Games