World War IV: Fall 2107 Retreats

GM: BigBert. Winners: DOI (Canada), AardvarkArmy (California), asudevil (Amazon empire), Girion (Argentina), paulus (Kenya), thewysecat (Nigeria), and Chelonoidis (Song Empire)

Re: World War IV: Fall 2107 Retreats

Postby BigBert » 06 Jan 2012, 09:32

An anonymous Public Press post has arrived:
anonymous wrote:The Number of THE BEAST stands at 32
(Argentina 16 + Amazonia 16)

While their neighbors bicker and prattle and whine and battle, 32 armies of evil stand poised to devour all unfortunates that stand in their path.

Armies of Righteousness rise up NOW!
(or forever be lost to perdition!)
BigBert
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1539
All-game rating: 1637
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby BigBert » 06 Jan 2012, 09:33

And another one:
anonymous wrote:The machine lumbers forth, its gears grinding as they struggle to carry the weight—ever increasing as new entities are assimilated. There will come a time when the gears splinter, the over-abundance finally taking its toll.
BigBert
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1539
All-game rating: 1637

Postby Girion » 06 Jan 2012, 15:16

MasterGR wrote:Let's not forget that he stabbed Brazil in freaking Fall 2101, when he preferred to take Brazil's centers rather than the surrounding neutrals (a move which caused FLK to remain unoccupied till much later in the game than any other neutral).

That one you can hardly blame me for, it's maybe the most wonderful stab I've done, who could ever refraim from such a move!, peaople just mentioning makes me happy! :)
BTW it's nice to see the general chat getting active again.
Girion

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby marsman57 » 06 Jan 2012, 17:19

I never said I didn't lie to anyone else, I said I didn't stab them. :)
marsman57

Standard rating: (1118)
All-game rating: (1128)
Timezone: GMT

Postby marsman57 » 06 Jan 2012, 17:20

Giriom wrote:BTW it's nice to see the general chat getting active again.

I'd like to see some lively general chat from the Asian or European powers. I have been too busy to keep abreast of what's going on there, but I am sure there must be lots of interesting alliances of which I am not even aware!
marsman57

Standard rating: (1118)
All-game rating: (1128)
Timezone: GMT

Postby cheesers52 » 06 Jan 2012, 21:27

marsman57 wrote:I'd like to see some lively general chat from the Asian or European powers. I have been too busy to keep abreast of what's going on there, but I am sure there must be lots of interesting alliances of which I am not even aware!

I was too busy in Eurasia to keep track of you guys, but you just filled me in, thanks :lol:

Also,

bigbert wrote:Other interesting changes over 2107 include the Russian gains over his long-term foe Central Asia.

Glad you noticed! I'm curious to know how many other people are watching my moves...
cheesers52

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby MasterGR » 07 Jan 2012, 04:00

Giriom wrote:That one you can hardly blame me for, it's maybe the most wonderful stab I've done, who could ever refraim from such a move!, peaople just mentioning makes me happy! :)
BTW it's nice to see the general chat getting active again.

Haha, well ok, I'll give you my analysis on your stab in the game's AAR, I personally think it was not a good move but the fact that you've gotten so big since then implies I may be wrong :)
Gold Classicists member
MasterGR
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1335
All-game rating: 1574
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby tiwtiwtiw » 07 Jan 2012, 08:32

marsman57 wrote:
Giriom wrote:BTW it's nice to see the general chat getting active again.

I'd like to see some lively general chat from the Asian or European powers. I have been too busy to keep abreast of what's going on there, but I am sure there must be lots of interesting alliances of which I am not even aware!

Well, so you do know that we Manchuria and I had a little party a couple of turns back. Nothing much has changed really, except for the Canucks making some quite surprising moves which a few of us are still scratching our heads over. And Manchuria completely opening up his rear territories to facilitate... how should I put it... forcible posterior entry by Canada. I'd be pretty amused if I wasn't getting a bad deal out of the situation :)
tiwtiwtiw

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1226)
Timezone: GMT+8

Previous

Return to Game 2