World War IV: Fall 2107 Retreats

GM: BigBert. Winners: DOI (Canada), AardvarkArmy (California), asudevil (Amazon empire), Girion (Argentina), paulus (Kenya), thewysecat (Nigeria), and Chelonoidis (Song Empire)

World War IV: Fall 2107 Retreats

Postby BigBert » 04 Jan 2012, 21:01

All retreats are in early, so without further ado: here are the Fall 2107 retreats.

Winter 2107 Builds/Disbands are due:
Friday 6 January, 19.00 GMT

The standings still show Nigeria as the leader (at 19 SC's), but California has now nearly closed the gap. Amazon empire and Argentina both trail at 16 center to share the third place. Other interesting changes over 2107 include the one Australian loss due to an Indonesian retreat, the costly NMR of the newly joined Colombia and the Russian gains over his long-term foe Central Asia. What find out what happened to your favourite country, and to how many builds or disbands you're entitled to, in the overview below the map.

WW4Fall2107Retreats.PNG

AmazonEmpire: Supp 16 Unit 14 Build 2
Argentina: Supp 16 Unit 13 Build 3
Australia: Supp 4 Unit 5 Remove 1
Brazil: Supp 0 Unit 0 Build 0
California: Supp 18 Unit 16 Build 2
Canada: Supp 12 Unit 10 Build 2
Catholica: Supp 4 Unit 4 Build 0
CentralAsia: Supp 5 Unit 8 Remove 3
Colombia: Supp 6 Unit 9 Remove 3
Congo: Supp 0 Unit 0 Build 0
Cuba: Supp 0 Unit 0 Build 0
Egypt: Supp 0 Unit 0 Build 0
Germany: Supp 11 Unit 12 Remove 1
Illinois: Supp 3 Unit 4 Remove 1
IncaEmpire: Supp 0 Unit 0 Build 0
India: Supp 13 Unit 11 Build 2
Indonesia: Supp 14 Unit 12 Build 2
Iran: Supp 7 Unit 6 Build 1
Japan: Supp 0 Unit 0 Build 0
Kenya: Supp 7 Unit 7 Build 0
Manchuria: Supp 10 Unit 9 Build 1
Mexico: Supp 10 Unit 12 Remove 2
Nigeria: Supp 19 Unit 17 Build 2
Oceania: Supp 6 Unit 7 Remove 1
Philippines: Supp 0 Unit 0 Build 0
Quebec: Supp 0 Unit 0 Build 0
Russia: Supp 10 Unit 8 Build 2
SichuanEmpire: Supp 0 Unit 0 Build 0
SongEmpire: Supp 9 Unit 7 Build 2
SouthAfrica: Supp 11 Unit 11 Build 0
Texas: Supp 0 Unit 0 Build 0
Thailand: Supp 13 Unit 13 Build 0
Turkey: Supp 0 Unit 0 Build 0
UnitedKingdom: Supp 10 Unit 11 Remove 1
UnitedStates: Supp 10 Unit 9 Build 1

Retreats:
Illinois: Yossarian22e
Illinois retreats DET to IND

Mexico: Freddafred
A MON -> GDL
A SNC -> HAV

Manchuria: stalin813
ECS-SEO

Indonesia: MasterGR
CRL retreat SYD

Australia: cs
Retreat CIO-DWN

Oceania: marsman57
SOL retreat FIJ
BigBert
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1539
All-game rating: 1637
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: World War IV: Fall 2107 Retreats

Postby marsman57 » 04 Jan 2012, 21:11

I was wondering how long it would be before Indonesia would finally betray Australia in some way.

Also, no eliminations in 2107. Nice!
marsman57

Standard rating: (1118)
All-game rating: (1128)
Timezone: GMT

Postby MasterGR » 04 Jan 2012, 23:40

marsman57 wrote:I was wondering how long it would be before Indonesia would finally betray Australia in some way.

You assume much my friend!
Gold Classicists member
MasterGR
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1335
All-game rating: 1574
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby asudevil » 04 Jan 2012, 23:53

Not to mention California stabbing Mexico...
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby AardvarkArmy » 05 Jan 2012, 01:58

Hilarious to hear Amazonia comment on any other nation's relations with its neighbors!!! LOL!
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1050
All-game rating: 1458

Postby marsman57 » 05 Jan 2012, 19:23

California's mantra is to stab early and often. Japan and myself have surely been victims of this. Maybe Texas too? I am not aware of their communication.
marsman57

Postby AardvarkArmy » 05 Jan 2012, 19:40

Marsman, marsman, marsman - you know quite well that you violated our agreements (remember GUA-SAI?) AND attempted to dictate my entire Pacific strategy before I ever batted an eye at you. You also surely know by now that you were misled as to who was the primary orchestrator of the multinational attack on you...

[do you also want me to reveal the details and specifics of your planned attack on Argentina, etc...? Your only complaint is that you got taken down before you could do all the stabbing you wanted to do]
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby marsman57 » 05 Jan 2012, 20:16

GUA-SAI was only after diplomatic relations had already soured, and I think it was the right move given your strong position in the game. I find it quite hard to believe that you did not intend to move South with the enormous military build up you made. Maybe you won't admit it now and here, but I'd like to hear the truth in the AAR (or at least after I am dead). Maybe my rhetoric was a bit strong, but I had left a giant open gateway to my SCs and just kept seeing "Build F HI" and "Build F MDW" every single round. I don't think it was wrong of me to be concerned!

I will freely admit that I talked with you about attacking Argentina when my prospects for Australia were stalemated and I was trying to curry friendship from Indonesia and yourself (California) by not moving in those directions. At that point, I had scarcely even communicated with the Argentine and knew nothing besides the fact that he was quickly filling in where the Incan had been. Nonetheless, other allies indicated that Argentina was trustworthy and honest in his intentions to help me. So far, to the disappointment of yourself and Indonesia I am sure, he has been completely honest with me and a staunch ally. I am thankful that I did not throw that away for a fleeting gain of one or two supply centers.

The only person I have genuinely stabbed is Australia way back in 2101 (or maybe Spring 2102). It was not very effective though since for whatever reason Indonesia has been his protector (and implies that he still is). I am glad that my protector Argentina doesn't "help" by taking my SCs.

(I am just having fun here and am not really angry about anything that has happened. I hope that is the case for you too.)
marsman57

Postby AardvarkArmy » 05 Jan 2012, 20:28

marsman57 wrote:GUA-SAI was only after diplomatic relations had already soured, and I think it was the right move given your strong position in the game. I find it quite hard to believe that you did not intend to move South with the enormous military build up you made. Maybe you won't admit it now and here, but I'd like to hear the truth in the AAR

Have you not noticed? I STILL have not made significant southward moves in the Pacific! I have only been minimally involved in the "Battle of Oceania", at the periphery, and it has been quite to your detriment that you didn't realize this sooner - you bolstered your defenses in all the wrong places. And the AARs will tell you that I had no thought whatsoever of invading your blissful South Pacific until you gave me too much reason to be nervous (You may have also noted that Indonesia and I reached the exact same SAI-GUA accord that I had tried in vain to reach with you)

But, Yes: All of this is just part of the fun of "Diplomacy." If my nation is smeared in the public forum, my Secretary of State will issue a harsh rebuke and a spirited defense, but its all in the game! :mrgreen:
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby MasterGR » 06 Jan 2012, 02:05

marsman57 wrote:The only person I have genuinely stabbed is Australia way back in 2101 (or maybe Spring 2102). It was not very effective though since for whatever reason Indonesia has been his protector (and implies that he still is). I am glad that my protector Argentina doesn't "help" by taking my SCs.

Wait... wasn't GLP yours? ;) Sure, Argentina has a few reasons to protect you, the most important being that he's afraid that if you get eliminated, he will have to face the other Pacific powers alone. However, soon he'll be positioned well enough to stab you and also create a stalemate. Let's not forget that he stabbed Brazil in freaking Fall 2101, when he preferred to take Brazil's centers rather than the surrounding neutrals (a move which caused FLK to remain unoccupied till much later in the game than any other neutral).

Also it was not only that one time that you lied to Australia and me... Not that I hold a grudge or anything, just to be historically correct :)
Gold Classicists member
MasterGR
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1335
All-game rating: 1574

Next

Return to Game 2