Page 3 of 4

Re: Diplomacy Rules FAQ

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 20:28
by Waterice man
In standard S01, no fleet can move directly to Sweden

Re: Diplomacy Rules FAQ

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 20:29
by TheRedArmy
A fleet may move to Sweden if it is in any of the following territories...

Denmark
Baltic Sea
Gulf of Bothnia
Finland
St. Petersburg (north coast)

The reason is that a fleet may move from a water space to a land space if the sea zone it is in touches that land space.
If it is already in a land space (such as Denmark) it may move from a land space to a land space only if a sea connects both of them. In the case of Denmark, the Baltic Sea touches both Denmark and Sweden. So it can move. It CAN'T move from Norway to Sweden because they do not share a body of water on their coasts.

Do you understand?

EDIT: Oh. That's what you meant. Yeah, Russia can't hit Sweden in the spring. It's a deal with the coasts.

Re: Diplomacy Rules FAQ

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 20:30
by Banditkills
Sorry, brain freeze.

I was talking about a Fleet in Norway, being able to sail directly to Sweden.

Re: Diplomacy Rules FAQ

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 20:32
by connect4
Banditkills wrote:Sorry, brain freeze.

I was talking about a Fleet in Norway, being able to sail directly to Sweden.


Norway-Sweden is ok (the fleet can move along the coast from one to another without interruption).

Re: Diplomacy Rules FAQ

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 20:34
by TheRedArmy
connect4 wrote:
Banditkills wrote:Sorry, brain freeze.

I was talking about a Fleet in Norway, being able to sail directly to Sweden.


Norway-Sweden is ok (the fleet can move along the coast from one to another without interruption).


Whoa. Really?

Grr...The Ska Sea. I forgot about it. My bad.

Re: Diplomacy Rules FAQ

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 23:37
by A. Smith
TheRedArmy wrote:The reason is that a fleet may move from a water space to a land space if the sea zone it is in touches that land space.
If it is already in a land space (such as Denmark) it may move from a land space to a land space only if a sea connects both of them. In the case of Denmark, the Baltic Sea touches both Denmark and Sweden. So it can move. It CAN'T move from Norway to Sweden because they do not share a body of water on their coasts.

Now, I realize you were wrong and forgot about Ska here, but is there any territory on the standard map which shares a coast with another territory, but does not share a border with a common sea space?

Re: Diplomacy Rules FAQ

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2009, 00:14
by Waterice man
No, that would be impossible

Re: Diplomacy Rules FAQ

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2009, 16:34
by Banditkills
So what was the verdict?

Can a fleet move from Norway directly to Sweden? One says yes one says no.

The problem with yes. Is that then Sweden could have two coast lines.

Ska coast line, possibly broken by the land mass army travel transit of Denmark. As you can move from Ska to Baltic sea if I recall correctly. You have to travel via Denmark.

And Baltic / Gulf coast line.

Re: Diplomacy Rules FAQ

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2009, 16:52
by TheRedArmy
Banditkills wrote:So what was the verdict?

Can a fleet move from Norway directly to Sweden? One says yes one says no.

The problem with yes. Is that then Sweden could have two coast lines.

Ska coast line, possibly broken by the land mass army travel transit of Denmark. As you can move from Ska to Baltic sea if I recall correctly. You have to travel via Denmark.

And Baltic / Gulf coast line.


No, you can move from Sweden to Norway, and vice versa. "Coast Lines" only come into play in Spain, Bulgaria (I think), and St. Petersburg with their 2 coasts.

Re: Diplomacy Rules FAQ

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2009, 16:54
by Banditkills
Ah, cool. Thanks.