"Protected game" Clarification

Some questions come up a lot... look here for simple explanations of the rules.

"Protected game" Clarification

Postby Ian » 09 Dec 2020, 16:37

Hi,

In a current game, it's been announced that someone has NMR'd and the deadline has been extended. It says that if the player does not add moves in this extension then they will be automatically surrendered. Will this auto-surrender cause another extension or will the moves proceed (but with holds for the country involved). I think my reason for asking are probably obvious, if I know my neighbour has surrendered, I'd change my own moves, so I want to know if I should guess (or work out through other means) that my neighbour might not move, or I can just wait and if they do not move, I'll get a chance to change from my initial moves.

Thanks in advance
Ian

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: 1201
Timezone: GMT

Re: "Protected game" Clarification

Postby V » 09 Dec 2020, 21:37

There is another deadline extension, in which time it is hoped a replacement player joins the game after the surrender.

Enjoy the Diplomacy Cheers V
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1769
All-game rating: 1827
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby SlipSlider » 12 Dec 2020, 17:28

I am unclear how to join an active game when it's protected?
SlipSlider

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (946)
All-game rating: (946)
Timezone: GMT

Postby V » 13 Dec 2020, 10:10

SlipSlider wrote:I am unclear how to join an active game when it's protected?

Are you referring to password protection? If so, the only way is to obtain the password from whoever created the game.
Otherwise you can join any active game anytime by usual method. “Join game” button.
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1769
All-game rating: 1827
Timezone: GMT-6

Return to Regular Rules Issues Explained