Infinite Jest Mafia - ONAN Win!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Infinite Jest Mafia - ONAN Win!

Postby Keirador » 27 Mar 2021, 22:24

sjg11 wrote:Oh yeah in other news I was a Doc who was dangling Kim as bait to attract a NK. So yeah that was why I did that.

On bastard mechanics, Harb's power was that his particular kill was unblockable. So that wouldnae have worked.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
User avatar
Keirador
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: 01 Dec 2008, 21:36
Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Infinite Jest Mafia - ONAN Win!

Postby Justinrs2 » 27 Mar 2021, 22:26

Can Keir or Harb please tell Gregor that there was no way in hell they were NKing him just because I revealed his ability when he was such strong MK fodder so I can say I told you so?
Holder of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

"To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty"- Napoleon Bonaparte

The world when I was 20
User avatar
Justinrs2
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: 24 Feb 2018, 00:13
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1321
All-game rating: 1195
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Infinite Jest Mafia - ONAN Win!

Postby Justinrs2 » 27 Mar 2021, 22:28

Cause Greg was still salty with me for revealing the last part of chat during night one, after it had led to killing one of the scum!
Holder of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

"To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty"- Napoleon Bonaparte

The world when I was 20
User avatar
Justinrs2
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: 24 Feb 2018, 00:13
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1321
All-game rating: 1195
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Infinite Jest Mafia - ONAN Win!

Postby kimpossible » 27 Mar 2021, 22:30

Justinrs2 wrote:Can Keir or Harb please tell Gregor that there was no way in hell they were NKing him just because I revealed his ability when he was such strong MK fodder so I can say I told you so?

I bit my tongue very hard to keep from saying this IN THE THREAD, because I've been scolded before for playing the night game for scum.

He was never going to be the kill.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
User avatar
kimpossible
 
Posts: 8962
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:54
Location: Arlington, VA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Infinite Jest Mafia - ONAN Win!

Postby Blackswimmer » 27 Mar 2021, 22:32

kimpossible wrote:
Justinrs2 wrote:Can Keir or Harb please tell Gregor that there was no way in hell they were NKing him just because I revealed his ability when he was such strong MK fodder so I can say I told you so?

I bit my tongue very hard to keep from saying this IN THE THREAD, because I've been scolded before for playing the night game for scum.

He was never going to be the kill.

I DID say this in the thread. 8-)
Ugluk wrote:Blackswimmer: Sinking in the deep end.

I'll be back
User avatar
Blackswimmer
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: 08 Jan 2013, 12:32
Location: Wales
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Infinite Jest Mafia - ONAN Win!

Postby kimpossible » 27 Mar 2021, 22:36

Blackswimmer wrote:
kimpossible wrote:
Justinrs2 wrote:Can Keir or Harb please tell Gregor that there was no way in hell they were NKing him just because I revealed his ability when he was such strong MK fodder so I can say I told you so?

I bit my tongue very hard to keep from saying this IN THE THREAD, because I've been scolded before for playing the night game for scum.

He was never going to be the kill.

I DID say this in the thread. 8-)

Yeah, but people don't listen to you the way they do to me. ;)
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
User avatar
kimpossible
 
Posts: 8962
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:54
Location: Arlington, VA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Infinite Jest Mafia - ONAN Win!

Postby Keirador » 27 Mar 2021, 22:38

Justinrs2 wrote:Can Keir or Harb please tell Gregor that there was no way in hell they were NKing him just because I revealed his ability when he was such strong MK fodder so I can say I told you so?

Yeah he was purely MK fodder. Probably dead-last priority for the NK.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
User avatar
Keirador
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: 01 Dec 2008, 21:36
Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Infinite Jest Mafia - ONAN Win!

Postby Keirador » 27 Mar 2021, 22:45

Keirador wrote:
kimpossible wrote:See, I disagree with calling that an angleshoot. I didn't do anything with the PM that could not have been done by scum if they were given a town role PM (which is something I think should be standard practice). The fact that BS decided to townread me for it was a lucky shot on his part, because I absolutely would have asked that question if I was scum and had seen a sample town role PM that included the verbiage in question.

I probably actually will make it a point in future of wording my role PMs carefully so that that kind of thing becomes non-readable.

The term "angleshoot" seems inherently pejorative, so I'll drop it. But scum didn't get a town role PM.

I also think that in years past, using the wording of your role PM in any way, even if scum could have done the same thing, would have been called an "angleshoot," (and to the best of my recollection that was just considered clever play, the pejorative implication seems to have seeped in later as bad sportsmanship, which I don't intend). To affirm, I don't think you should not have done it. But I'm not sure it should have been possible to do. It's a result of the increasing complexity of games. In a super-simple set-up, that opening just couldn't have happened.
Last edited by Keirador on 27 Mar 2021, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
User avatar
Keirador
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: 01 Dec 2008, 21:36
Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Infinite Jest Mafia - ONAN Win!

Postby sjg11 » 27 Mar 2021, 22:45

More importantly, in sjg’s mind this was sjg beating scum Keir and Harb once and for all proving his intellectual superiority. ;)
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18329
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Infinite Jest Mafia - ONAN Win!

Postby Blackswimmer » 27 Mar 2021, 23:16

kimpossible wrote:
Blackswimmer wrote:
kimpossible wrote:I bit my tongue very hard to keep from saying this IN THE THREAD, because I've been scolded before for playing the night game for scum.

He was never going to be the kill.

I DID say this in the thread. 8-)

Yeah, but people don't listen to you the way they do to me. ;)

For which we can all be immensely grateful. :D
Ugluk wrote:Blackswimmer: Sinking in the deep end.

I'll be back
User avatar
Blackswimmer
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: 08 Jan 2013, 12:32
Location: Wales
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to AARs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests