Mafia IV: Mafia in space!(confirm here, too)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia 4: Mafia in space!(confirm here, too)

Postby nickjb3 » 27 May 2009, 04:16

connect4 wrote:As the leader of Unitoria,

I will vote connect4 because he was stupid enough to accept the Greek hillbilly agents that I sent him. Even now they are slowly taking over his refrigerator and stealing all of the alcoholic beverages and meat. (If you don't get the Greek Hillbilly joke look at the Create your own country posts in Other forum games)
nickjb3

All-game rating: 4936
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Flatley » 27 May 2009, 06:40

Hm. Lots of good points here... too many for my taste, in fact. I'm going to abstain until we get something a little more concrete to go off of.

Though, in game analysis aside, I like President Muffley's outside-the-box approach. I'll have to set some time aside to do a thorough background check to see who here is leader of what.
The enemy's gate is down.

Don't go thinkin' you so bad jes cuz you was in SOLDIER.

We've always been at war with Eastasia.
Flatley

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby infinity8ball » 27 May 2009, 16:04

I vote Zander_the_Great. If tides turn, I'll vote for Muffley later.

Here's my reasoning:

I think it's quite brilliantly simple. As mentioned, there are 3 leaders ATM. Lord, President, and the great. So why not pick a clue that would cover up the infected should one of them be discovered?

Reason 1) - Confusion. By making it ambiguous enough, the mafia prevent a kill the first day, as they usually like to have happen, so they can avoid the bandwagon convictions.

Reason 2) - Coverup. Very much like the tactic of one mafia accusing another so that one looks innocent, it's like that here. So that if one of them gets nailed, and is exposed, then won't we all assume we've got "the one" the clue was referring too? I have a hunch it's referring to MORE than one mafia/infected.

Reason 3) - Can't find Lord S. He's been AFK, which means I'm pretty sure he's innocent. Why miss the first day if you're mafia, and have so much to lose?

Reason 4) - Counting. If the story is right, we've got what, 2 infected onboard? What better strategy than to cause chaos claiming the other as it? So they OBVIOUSLY couldn't be together right? *wink wink* and all that.

Possible exception: Ak47 is doing the same exact thing he did last game when he was mafia, so leave that possibility open as well.
infinity8ball
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby ak47 » 27 May 2009, 19:24

infinity8ball wrote:Possible exception: Ak47 is doing the same exact thing he did last game when he was mafia, so leave that possibility open as well.

i am? i was unaware i did anything special last time until i claimed to be the cop at the end.

can you tell me what it is i am doing so i can stop? haha :D
Firefly Mafia in queue. Express interest here
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal"
"Ha ha ha Mine is an evil laugh!"
Forever the King of Mafia
Lover of Bacon
ak47

Postby Lord S » 27 May 2009, 21:31

infinity8ball wrote:Reason 3) - Can't find Lord S. He's been AFK, which means I'm pretty sure he's innocent. Why miss the first day if you're mafia, and have so much to lose?

Sorry about that, end of college/my 18th Birthday celebration. Lots of pubs which needed to be emptied etc. The upshot of which meant that I have been out of it for a fair amount of this morning.

Lets do the maths (notice the S in maths :D), with the two states of statement being either True or False, let us assume for now that there is an equal chance of either statement.

Also let us just do it for finding the first infected.

If the statement is true (1/2 chance) then the only real candidates for a "Great Leader" are myself, President and Zander. With a 1/3 chance each.

If it is false 1/2 then there is a 1/9 chance of someone being the first infected.

That means that the chances of me, Pres or Zander being the first infected are 1/2*1/3+1/2*1/9 each. Which comes out as 2/9 each. In other words, based on a few acceptable assumptions, the chances that the hinted group of us containing the first infected is 2/3.

I say we go for either Lord S, President Muffley or Zander. It is probably worth mentioning that I don't buy into the idea that a Great Leader applies to anyone other than these three.

Out of the above group my vote is for President Muffley.
Lord S

Standard rating: (1009)
All-game rating: (1011)
Timezone: GMT

Postby infinity8ball » 27 May 2009, 21:47

I have to agree with your math there Lord S, I worked it backwards, forwards, and sideways. And while I voted for Zander... I just went back and noticed this (which even if he changes, is still in the quotations following it):

President Muffley wrote:Well few we mafia means fewer misleading clues. . . . .

To be safe . . . . . . in typical mob mentality, I vote we shove Zander_The_Great out the air lock!

Freudian slip perhaps from the admitted new guy to the table? Typing something and it slipped out that he was one of the mafia?

I hereby change my vote to: President Muffley
infinity8ball
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby connect4 » 27 May 2009, 22:09

Do we really think that the clue is going to be as obvious as this? Furthermore, Firestorm said the first clue might be a lie, meaning that it's complete hogwash.

I lost track of the body count, but if we have room to gain clues (one of which is guaranteed to be correct), I'd say wait. As such, I maintain my present vote merely to try not to get anyone killed.
connect4

Standard rating: (1042)
All-game rating: (1012)

Postby raphtown » 28 May 2009, 02:38

I'm liking the math Lord S used, but I am afraid to base my vote off of just that (especially since Lord S did sort of the same thing last time and was mafia :? ). But Muffley was very aggressive right off the bat, which just increases my suspicions. But then again, town people do that too... I hope I'm not being manipulated (again): hang President Muffley.

Also, here is a list:

infinity8ball -> President Muffley
nickjb3 -> connect4
connect4 -> nickjb3
raphtown -> President Muffley
Flatley -> abstain
ak47 -> Zander_The_Great
Lord S -> President Muffley
metallord99 -> abstain
Zander_The_Great -> President Muffley
President Muffley -> Zander_The_Great
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby ak47 » 28 May 2009, 02:47

i'll change my vote to muffley at the risk of being accused as a bandwagoner, because not killing people was what caused the townies to lose last time, and i don't want to make the same mistake.
Firefly Mafia in queue. Express interest here
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal"
"Ha ha ha Mine is an evil laugh!"
Forever the King of Mafia
Lover of Bacon
ak47

Postby Firestorm94 » 28 May 2009, 02:51

President Muffley just barely gets hanged; he was innocent. Sorry for running late. Story's coming soon
President Muffley: 5
Zander_The_Great: 1
nickjb3: 1
connect4: 1
Abstain: 2
Night 2 has begun; Infected, get killing
Firestorm94

Standard rating: (1026)
All-game rating: (1025)

PreviousNext