Infinite Jest Mafia - D1

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Infinite Jest Mafia - D1

Postby Blackswimmer » 25 Mar 2021, 20:49

GregorV wrote:uh, by the way guys, in what world does a town Kier show up with half an hour to go, see he's getting voted off, and then just say "fuck it, I'm out"?

Yeah, that's actually super reminiscent of Lights Out, when he subbed in for shadow.
Ugluk wrote:Blackswimmer: Sinking in the deep end.

I'll be back
Blackswimmer

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby GregorV » 25 Mar 2021, 20:50

Justinrs2 wrote:
GregorV wrote:Justin, dwiltse, let's not forget about the chat during N1. If nothing else, we'll be able to discuss the flip and analyze the ISOs.

I am looking forward to discuss this eschaton nonsense with some people. Full disclosure though I intend to share our discussion with the thread first thing D2, we're not going through this again tomorrow. Could be useful to bounce ideas around, though.

No problems with that, assuming you're going to still redact the character names.
What is Mafia? It is a never ending time sink where seemingly trivial inconsequential passing comments are often portrayed as cast iron proof of guilt. Run away backs rather whilst you still can. For me, there is no hope.

Keirador wrote:Greg was right
GregorV
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1065)
All-game rating: (1042)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Justinrs2 » 25 Mar 2021, 20:51

Harb wrote:
kimpossible wrote:Harb, I’m sorry if I’m not doing enough to help assuage you here at end of day, it’s just that I feel like I’ve more than done my work to get here. At this point I think I’ve voted everyone except Justin or sjg, and I’m okay with making this decision and seeing where the chips fall as a result. Maybe that’s easier because I 100% believe I won’t be here for the rest of it, though I’m holding out a sliver of hope something weird might happen and I get to keep playing. I’m enjoying this one so far. But I don’t think this was a lazy vote, and I think no matter how the flip comes up, town will make use of what happened today, and that’s the best I can ask for.

Shit, I'm not asking you to do that work. I just hate feeling so unconvinced and then, when I compare my level of doubt to everyone else being in the same place I am, get that feeling of "Somebody's making me look like a fool".

If Keir is town, I will have some soul searching to do about how I'm reading things. That flip will yield some good info. I am not panicking if he does, though of course I'd prefer it if he's scum.
Holder of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

"To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty"- Napoleon Bonaparte

The world when I was 20
Justinrs2

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1321
All-game rating: 1195
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby GregorV » 25 Mar 2021, 20:51

Blackswimmer wrote:
GregorV wrote:uh, by the way guys, in what world does a town Kier show up with half an hour to go, see he's getting voted off, and then just say "fuck it, I'm out"?

Yeah, that's actually super reminiscent of Lights Out, when he subbed in for shadow.

Was he scum then?
What is Mafia? It is a never ending time sink where seemingly trivial inconsequential passing comments are often portrayed as cast iron proof of guilt. Run away backs rather whilst you still can. For me, there is no hope.

Keirador wrote:Greg was right
GregorV
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1065)
All-game rating: (1042)

Postby Keirador » 25 Mar 2021, 20:51

Blackswimmer wrote:

Wait, wasn't that the one that got called? I worked my ass off in that game. It didn't get called because I lost interest, it got called because kim and ZZ blew up.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Strategus » 25 Mar 2021, 20:52

Justinrs2 wrote:
GregorV wrote:Justin, dwiltse, let's not forget about the chat during N1. If nothing else, we'll be able to discuss the flip and analyze the ISOs.

I am looking forward to discuss this eschaton nonsense with some people. Full disclosure though I intend to share our discussion with the thread first thing D2, we're not going through this again tomorrow. Could be useful to bounce ideas around, though.
How do you know how that works?
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1580
All-game rating: 1754

Postby Justinrs2 » 25 Mar 2021, 20:52

Strategus wrote:
Justinrs2 wrote:

How do you know how that works?

How what works? Are you still lost on the chat after all this?
Holder of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

"To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty"- Napoleon Bonaparte

The world when I was 20
Justinrs2

Standard rating: 1321
All-game rating: 1195
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Blackswimmer » 25 Mar 2021, 20:52

GregorV wrote:
Blackswimmer wrote:

Was he scum then?

Yeah, he just subbed in and went "Oh, are ya'll gonna vote me off, cause that'd be cool that I won't have to catch up then". And like idiots, of course, we all stopped voting him. :D
Ugluk wrote:Blackswimmer: Sinking in the deep end.

I'll be back
Blackswimmer

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby sjg11 » 25 Mar 2021, 20:53

I'm back. As there's not much time pre-deadline, anything in particular I need to read before EOD which may be relevant to the decision here?
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)

Postby kimpossible » 25 Mar 2021, 20:53

Harb wrote:
kimpossible wrote:Harb, I’m sorry if I’m not doing enough to help assuage you here at end of day, it’s just that I feel like I’ve more than done my work to get here. At this point I think I’ve voted everyone except Justin or sjg, and I’m okay with making this decision and seeing where the chips fall as a result. Maybe that’s easier because I 100% believe I won’t be here for the rest of it, though I’m holding out a sliver of hope something weird might happen and I get to keep playing. I’m enjoying this one so far. But I don’t think this was a lazy vote, and I think no matter how the flip comes up, town will make use of what happened today, and that’s the best I can ask for.

Shit, I'm not asking you to do that work. I just hate feeling so unconvinced and then, when I compare my level of doubt to everyone else being in the same place I am, get that feeling of "Somebody's making me look like a fool".

Ok. I got my hackles up a bit at the “discussing D&D” comment.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads