Internet Challenge Mafia (Town Win)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Internet Challenge Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Fatmo » 07 Apr 2020, 09:52

Master Radishes wrote:
Fatmo wrote:
Master Radishes wrote:Nah, I'm with shadowface. Fatmo's post immediately pinged me as being very...careful.

Sup Radishes.

BTW gut read on Radishes for this.

He's only seen me play in a forum game once. And I was scum there and he happened to actually get a scumread on me, so I remember why.

He was one of the types that sees the way I can be more careful during early D1 as scummy by default. Then I was scum I was trying to imitate how I'd do it as town lol. And do you remember I had a lot of townreads there?

So anyway, I remember seeing him get pinged in the same way off my opening posts in that game too.

Shadow should know better probably by this point, but not you really because of our history.

You might think I'm scum, but I lean town on you so far. So talk to me about literally any other theory or gut read you might get on anyone else's posts so far. Because then I know there's a chance they are right and maybe we agree on something. This goes for the whole day pretty much unless you do something that pings me.

So...you're town because I'm reading you the same way I did when you were scum?

#logic

Lol, no...I’m saying I think you're town for reading me the same way you did when I was scum.

Lol remember I have to get reads on you too. I’m not saying you have to townread me for any of this.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Fatmo » 07 Apr 2020, 09:54

UFO Fever wrote:
shadowface wrote:
Fatmo wrote:Huh? Lol no that's not shade. I'm just trying to get a feel for how Condude plays. Because this is literally the first time I've ever been involved in a game with him where I actually have to try to solve him lol.

Yeah so that looked fake solvey.

Fatmo wrote:And I was saying that maybe this opening post wasn't as bold or controversial as I've seen him before.

Why was this worth commenting on? Helping you determine his faction?

Shadow the last game as town you played you correctly scumread Kim based off her opening post tone.

Good point.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

Fatmo

Postby AKFD » 07 Apr 2020, 09:58

As for Fatmo, his playstyle seems to be a bit similar to his scum playstyle in Plague, which is quite interesting. Though, I don't have a gut read on him.
I might pour in less energy compared to the previous game as I feel motivated recently.
Silver Classicist! (well, I used to be one)

Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.

Telleo wrote: I hereby dub AKFD the official PlayDip Mafia Royal Historian.
AKFD

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (834)
All-game rating: (772)
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby Strategus » 07 Apr 2020, 10:00

condude1 wrote:Alright!

So, I'm doing every challenge I can. It sounds like fun, and I see no downside. I will, however, wait to submit a guess until tonight, considering that someone may come in with a stroke of genius that sways me.

Is there any reason we'd expect tracking to work here? If the mafia can just lie, making a plan doesn't really help anyone, right?

The way Inread the rules, is at least one different person has to do each challenge, so some of us should sit out each day. And only some of the challenges result in a vote? And what does "holstered" night kill mean? Is it that they can keep it and do two on a different day?
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1625
Timezone: GMT

Postby AKFD » 07 Apr 2020, 10:06

No strong reads at this moment. I'm gonna have to observe Master Radishes and Aeschines in this game since I haven't played with them and I have no idea of their gameplay. See ya later guys.

AKFD

Postby AKFD » 07 Apr 2020, 10:07

AKFD wrote:As for Fatmo, his playstyle seems to be a bit similar to his scum playstyle in Plague, which is quite interesting. Though, I don't have a gut read on him.
I might pour in less energy compared to the previous game as I feel motivated recently.

Demotivated I mean. Oops.

AKFD

Postby Strategus » 07 Apr 2020, 10:08

Fatmo wrote:
UFO Fever wrote:Hey Fatmo what the hell are you forgetting?

Lol oh yea.

UFO because we promised this to each other.

Thanks for the reply Condude. I'll take this stuff into consideration on reading you. And if anyone has any different opinions on what you've said, well then that's interesting too. Appreciate the response on how you see yourself.

My understanding is that these votes might not count, and we won't know if they do until we know who gets a vote. Which .inassume will be public knowledge? So shouldn't we get a view on who participated? That's how Inread the rules.
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1625
Timezone: GMT

Postby Fatmo » 07 Apr 2020, 10:30

Strategus wrote:My understanding is that these votes might not count, and we won't know if they do until we know who gets a vote. Which .inassume will be public knowledge? So shouldn't we get a view on who participated? That's how Inread the rules.

I have a few questions I asked Kim about how this kind of stuff will work, but probably after she went to bed.

Which I'm probably doing soon.

I'll let you guys know what I hear.

Fatmo

Postby Nanook » 07 Apr 2020, 10:32

Master Radishes wrote:Also, I'm annoyed because I'm playing two other games of mafia right now and I just got mislynched in one and I'm getting baseless accusations in the other, so I'm going to take it out on you guys and go full snarky for the next day or so.

If it’s any consolation I was cringing and shaking my head the entire time
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Nanook » 07 Apr 2020, 10:33

Strategus wrote:
condude1 wrote:Alright!

So, I'm doing every challenge I can. It sounds like fun, and I see no downside. I will, however, wait to submit a guess until tonight, considering that someone may come in with a stroke of genius that sways me.

Is there any reason we'd expect tracking to work here? If the mafia can just lie, making a plan doesn't really help anyone, right?

The way Inread the rules, is at least one different person has to do each challenge, so some of us should sit out each day. And only some of the challenges result in a vote? And what does "holstered" night kill mean? Is it that they can keep it and do two on a different day?

Usually here a holstered kill means they don’t use it and lose it. They don’t get a second one the next night, unless this is a very nonstandard game, but I’m reasonably sure Kim would’ve given us a heads up about that lol
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads