Internet Challenge Mafia (Town Win)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Internet Challenge Mafia (Day 1)

Postby shadowface » 07 Apr 2020, 08:37

Fatmo wrote:Also did you make that vote having literally only read that post and not finished the few pages of the thread?

Yes it pinged me immediately and I thought YOLO IT'S TIME TO STRING UP SOME SCUM.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Fatmo » 07 Apr 2020, 08:44

shadowface wrote:Yeah so that looked fake solvey.

I was pointing out how I'd basically seen him open differently with a different kind of tone and sharpness. I wasn't saying that inherently makes him scum. But I don't know his tells or anything like that. Hence why I'm asking all of you if this means anything. I sometimes use these conversations to get reads out of people from other people. Which helps me read both.

shadowface wrote:Why was this worth commenting on? Helping you determine his faction?

I thought maybe there was a chance it could have been, yes. But not with any degree of certainty.

Are you saying you don't think this is a worthwhile strategy or thing to be thinking about for me?
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Master Radishes » 07 Apr 2020, 08:47

Nah, I'm with shadowface. Fatmo's post immediately pinged me as being very...careful.
Master Radishes

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1071)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Master Radishes » 07 Apr 2020, 08:51

I've not eaten marshmallows in years. What is the standard size of a mini one?

And what's the standard size of an oral cavity?

Asking for a friend.
Master Radishes

Postby Fatmo » 07 Apr 2020, 08:54

Master Radishes wrote:Nah, I'm with shadowface. Fatmo's post immediately pinged me as being very...careful.

Sup Radishes.

BTW gut read on Radishes for this.

He's only seen me play in a forum game once. And I was scum there and he happened to actually get a scumread on me, so I remember why.

He was one of the types that sees the way I can be more careful during early D1 as scummy by default. Then I was scum I was trying to imitate how I'd do it as town lol. And do you remember I had a lot of townreads there?

So anyway, I remember seeing him get pinged in the same way off my opening posts in that game too.

Shadow should know better probably by this point, but not you really because of our history.

You might think I'm scum, but I lean town on you so far. So talk to me about literally any other theory or gut read you might get on anyone else's posts so far. Because then I know there's a chance they are right and maybe we agree on something. This goes for the whole day pretty much unless you do something that pings me.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

Postby Strategus » 07 Apr 2020, 09:14

Got some catching up to do, but doesn't look too bad.
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1625

Postby Master Radishes » 07 Apr 2020, 09:43

Fatmo wrote:
Master Radishes wrote:Nah, I'm with shadowface. Fatmo's post immediately pinged me as being very...careful.

Sup Radishes.

BTW gut read on Radishes for this.

He's only seen me play in a forum game once. And I was scum there and he happened to actually get a scumread on me, so I remember why.

He was one of the types that sees the way I can be more careful during early D1 as scummy by default. Then I was scum I was trying to imitate how I'd do it as town lol. And do you remember I had a lot of townreads there?

So anyway, I remember seeing him get pinged in the same way off my opening posts in that game too.

Shadow should know better probably by this point, but not you really because of our history.

You might think I'm scum, but I lean town on you so far. So talk to me about literally any other theory or gut read you might get on anyone else's posts so far. Because then I know there's a chance they are right and maybe we agree on something. This goes for the whole day pretty much unless you do something that pings me.

So...you're town because I'm reading you the same way I did when you were scum?

#logic
Master Radishes

Postby Master Radishes » 07 Apr 2020, 09:46

As far as opening posts go, these ones...

Aeschines wrote:I'm psyched! My plan is also to do as many challenges as I can. I'm excited to see what the status effects are!

Anyone have any big thoughts about how to get the baddies? I'm going to go & play some Outer Worlds, but I'll be on periodically tonight & most of the day tomorrow. (Huzzah, quarantine!)

AKFD wrote:Hello all. This game is gonna be interesting. Might as well review the thread first.

...also make me feel :? :| .
Master Radishes

Postby Master Radishes » 07 Apr 2020, 09:47

Also, I'm annoyed because I'm playing two other games of mafia right now and I just got mislynched in one and I'm getting baseless accusations in the other, so I'm going to take it out on you guys and go full snarky for the next day or so.
Master Radishes

Postby UFO Fever » 07 Apr 2020, 09:52

shadowface wrote:
Fatmo wrote:Huh? Lol no that's not shade. I'm just trying to get a feel for how Condude plays. Because this is literally the first time I've ever been involved in a game with him where I actually have to try to solve him lol.

Yeah so that looked fake solvey.

Fatmo wrote:And I was saying that maybe this opening post wasn't as bold or controversial as I've seen him before.

Why was this worth commenting on? Helping you determine his faction?

Shadow the last game as town you played you correctly scumread Kim based off her opening post tone.
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads