Internet Challenge Mafia (Town Win)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Internet Challenge Mafia (Day 1)

Postby AKFD » 07 Apr 2020, 06:30

Aeschines wrote:I'm psyched! My plan is also to do as many challenges as I can. I'm excited to see what the status effects are!

Anyone have any big thoughts about how to get the baddies? I'm going to go & play some Outer Worlds, but I'll be on periodically tonight & most of the day tomorrow. (Huzzah, quarantine!)

Hi Aeschines! Nice to meet you in Mafia!

To get the mafia I think we must discuss it first, then once the challenges are done, thats when we start voting. Since not all votes will count, lets try to get a unanimous vote.
Silver Classicist! (well, I used to be one)

Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.

Telleo wrote: I hereby dub AKFD the official PlayDip Mafia Royal Historian.
AKFD

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (834)
All-game rating: (772)
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby condude1 » 07 Apr 2020, 06:35

Fatmo wrote:
condude1 wrote:I recruited one of my sisters for unethical science experiments involving modeling the Marshmallow Carrying Capacity of a Mouth. The compensation was a large number of marshmallows.

It's all for science, so all is forgiven. Thank you for your noble work, good sir.

I expect a Nature paper out of this and to be in the acknowledgments.

Easy Nature pub. Everyone here will be in the acknowledgements!
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Fatmo » 07 Apr 2020, 08:10

AKFD wrote:
Aeschines wrote:I'm psyched! My plan is also to do as many challenges as I can. I'm excited to see what the status effects are!

Anyone have any big thoughts about how to get the baddies? I'm going to go & play some Outer Worlds, but I'll be on periodically tonight & most of the day tomorrow. (Huzzah, quarantine!)

Hi Aeschines! Nice to meet you in Mafia!

To get the mafia I think we must discuss it first, then once the challenges are done, thats when we start voting. Since not all votes will count, lets try to get a unanimous vote.

Huh, are you suggesting a dog pile kind of idea?

Guess that’s one thing we can try. If people don’t think they (or others) want to do every challenge. The way we usually try to do those is for everyone to agree to a certain artificial deadline before EOD, and then after that, everyone votes for whoever was in the lead at the earlier deadline.

Is this what you were thinking of more or less?

Or we could think about the other extreme rout of just saying everyone should do every challenge. Which would at least ensure everyone gets a vote. The risk would be any potential negative results of challenges. But if there’s maybe an equal number of positive and negative results, maybe you could just say that evens out and is likely to be a net positive when combined with the fact that everyone has a vote.

I dunno. Thoughts on that?

Also it’s more fun to do the challenges lol.

But yea, if we all have votes, we don’t have to think about having to dog pile or ensure a unanimous vote or anything like that.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

Postby shadowface » 07 Apr 2020, 08:18

Ooh Fatmo randed scum again eh? Tough luck my dude.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby shadowface » 07 Apr 2020, 08:20

Fatmo wrote:Got to ask people more familiar with Condude if this seems normal town Condude. I ask specifically because from the very little I've seen of him (and I really count last game for less because I was scum there so didn't really have to solve him), he strikes me as someone who is more likely than someone like me to be bold and somewhat controversial or something to open things up. If that makes any sense. Like the way he went after Don for just seeming to be too wishy washy or fluffy to start that last game. Maybe he does that because in his mind it's more townie and he's more likely as town to really go out on a limb. And the way he was very argumentative about some mechanics stuff in that game.

But anyway, his thoughts here were pretty much the way I was thinking of approaching the challenges in general. Like even down to asking if anyone else had any problems with it that he hadn't considered before. If I'd made it to thread before Condude I'd have said the same thing more or less.

What's the flamin point of this whole blurb? Is this supposed to be shade or am I totally missing what's going on here?
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
shadowface

Postby Fatmo » 07 Apr 2020, 08:30

Huh? Lol no that's not shade. I'm just trying to get a feel for how Condude plays. Because this is literally the first time I've ever been involved in a game with him where I actually have to try to solve him lol. He GMd me once, he replaced me into a scum slot once, and then I just was scum so didn't actually have to be solving.

But I'd gotten an initial impression of him anyway even just from those encounters. I was trying to see if that was accurate in general. And I was saying that maybe this opening post wasn't as bold or controversial as I've seen him before.

Like in that last game he was under the gun and suspicious to at least a few people early. But I simply saw him having his own opinion that he'd clearly thought a lot about and was willing to stick out to make these points.

Lol I always ask others who have played someone more than I have how they are reading those people. It sometimes leads to good conversations I can use to help with my reads.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

Fatmo

Postby shadowface » 07 Apr 2020, 08:32

I don't see any reason why we all wouldn't want to do all the challenges? Maybe if the side effects are really bad but we have no reason to think that right.

Also I can confirm that condude was getting a vaguely kim-sized sister to shove marshmallows in her cheeks, and when I overheard it was for this game I totally slipped into the room to eavesdrop on the result of his scientific study :twisted:
shadowface

Postby Fatmo » 07 Apr 2020, 08:33

Also did you make that vote having literally only read that post and not finished the few pages of the thread? Because you voted me and then only cited that single post. And I did get a good response out of Condude with that I think.

Fatmo

Postby Fatmo » 07 Apr 2020, 08:34

shadowface wrote:I don't see any reason why we all wouldn't want to do all the challenges? Maybe if the side effects are really bad but we have no reason to think that right.

Also I can confirm that condude was getting a vaguely kim-sized sister to shove marshmallows in her cheeks, and when I overheard it was for this game I totally slipped into the room to eavesdrop on the result of his scientific study :twisted:

Lol at both paragraphs.

Fatmo

Postby shadowface » 07 Apr 2020, 08:36

Fatmo wrote:Huh? Lol no that's not shade. I'm just trying to get a feel for how Condude plays. Because this is literally the first time I've ever been involved in a game with him where I actually have to try to solve him lol.

Yeah so that looked fake solvey.

Fatmo wrote:And I was saying that maybe this opening post wasn't as bold or controversial as I've seen him before.

Why was this worth commenting on? Helping you determine his faction?
shadowface

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads