Internet Challenge Mafia (Town Win)

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: Internet Challenge Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Nanook » 15 Apr 2020, 03:38

Ehhhh actually I guess 6/3 would introduce possibility of a Condude/ufo team. Still though, gonna stick to the sane 7/2 world and if it’s unannounced 6/3 chalk up the loss to a questionable mod balancing decision.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby condude1 » 15 Apr 2020, 03:40

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
condude1 wrote:Nook: Two points on that, and then I'll leave you alone for now ;)

1. Why would a double voting Aeschines likely kill me over him? Wouldn't it have been a tie?
2. What response would you have for a mass-claim today? Wouldn't that clear a bunch of people with verifiable abilities today, as well as anyone who had no power, since we'd know someone fudged the vote?

I had to make the decision before EOD, so at the time I made the decision you were more likely to go over than Aes.

Covered in my last response but I’d just claim I lost my ability to vote I think, I think that works yeah?

Not if I ended up dead. It should have been a 3-2 in that case. For me to die would've required double fudging, no? Because MR loses his vote, so it should be 4-2, instead it ends up with me dead. We know there's something fishy, and it likely leads to you.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby condude1 » 15 Apr 2020, 03:42

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Ehhhh actually I guess 6/3 would introduce possibility of a Condude/ufo team. Still though, gonna stick to the sane 7/2 world and if it’s unannounced 6/3 chalk up the loss to a questionable mod balancing decision.

TBH, even if it's 6/3, your best bet would be to go for Fatmo/MR over me/UFO probably? Because all I'd have to do to win would be claim a red check on UFO and then skate through LYLO.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

condude1

Postby Fatmo » 15 Apr 2020, 03:42

There are two scum.

From the signup thread.

kimpossible wrote:Blame Fatmo.

This game will be for 7 - 10 players. 2 scum, the rest town.

In this game, you will face internet challenges. Like the Cinnamon Challenge. The Rotating Corn Challenge. The Ice Bucket Challenge. You get the idea.

THESE ARE PRETEND CHALLENGES ONLY. Nobody has to do anything IRL except post in the thread and interact with the GM.

There will be one challenge per real-life day, meaning three challenges per game day. You can participate or not, but here's the thing: you start the day with no votes, and one of the challenges will earn you a vote. You won't know which one until all three are over. Of course, you're free to cast your votes throughout the day, but you'll find out after the third challenge and before end of day whether you have a vote. At least one different player must participate in each of the three challenges each day. Additionally, scum will know which of the challenges will earn a vote.

But guess what else? Scum have to participate in one of them to get a night kill! But they only have to do one, and only one of them has to participate. The night kill may also be holstered.

And finally, each challenge comes with... side effects. Good ones? Bad ones? Silly ones? Maybe all three! You won't know until you try.

Votes will be cast the usual way in huge red text, but the totals will not be public at the end of the day, only the list of where each person attempted to vote. You'll be informed privately if your vote counted, and the totals will be posted at the start of the next game day. The flip will be revealed at day end.

All other reasonably standard Mafia rules apply.

I am still open to tweaks on this, so tell me if you see a huge problem or obvious exploit. But I'll aim to run this after COVID-19 Mafia.

Players:
1. Fatmo (Fatmoed in)
2. Shadowface
3. Nanook
4. UFO Fever
5. AKFD
6. Strategus
7. Master Radishes
8. Condude
9. Aeschines

Reserves:
1. Sinnybee
2. Lecrae
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

Postby condude1 » 15 Apr 2020, 03:43

Thanks Fatmo! No need for paranoialand!

condude1

Postby Fatmo » 15 Apr 2020, 03:46

I'm going for a walk and probably getting dinner. Been cooped up all day and tbh seeing the direction you guys are going is kinda incredibly demotivating at the moment.

If I post over the next several hours, it will be phone posting. Might just unplug and walk though.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

Fatmo

Postby Fatmo » 15 Apr 2020, 03:48

You have all made clear you won't reconsider no matter what I say so...

Fatmo

Postby Fatmo » 15 Apr 2020, 03:49

UFO, please talk some sense into these people.

Fatmo

Postby UFO Fever » 15 Apr 2020, 04:52

I’m probably just gonna sheep Condude at this point (I basically have to). I’ve been way off this entire game and basically checked out after the Aes flip because I assumed I would be vigged. However I have 1 important plan, only Condude and myself should do any challenges today. It guarantees no NK and it guarantees scum doesn’t get a power.

Anyone that isn’t Condude or myself that does a challenge from this point I will treat as a scum claim.
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)

Postby UFO Fever » 15 Apr 2020, 04:54

I’m dead serious everyone, unless your name is Condude or UFO Fever do not you fucking dare participate in any challenge for the rest of the game.
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads