Internet Challenge Mafia (Town Win)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Internet Challenge Mafia (Day 1)

Postby kimpossible » 07 Apr 2020, 02:55

Clarification: Guesses may be changed prior to the deadline, but not rescinded. If you already submitted a guess prior to this and want to rescind it, I will allow it since I didn't specify previously.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Nanook » 07 Apr 2020, 03:07

Fatmo wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Yeah, before the game started I had thought there’d be a way to track who did what challenge.

Anything from the rules make you think that or just basically an educated/experience guess?

Baseless assumption tbh
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Fatmo » 07 Apr 2020, 03:08

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
Fatmo wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Yeah, before the game started I had thought there’d be a way to track who did what challenge.

Anything from the rules make you think that or just basically an educated/experience guess?

Baseless assumption tbh

Lol fair. Just wanted to be clear.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby UFO Fever » 07 Apr 2020, 03:13

Hey Fatmo what the hell are you forgetting?
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)

Postby condude1 » 07 Apr 2020, 03:17

Fatmo wrote:
condude1 wrote:Alright!

So, I'm doing every challenge I can. It sounds like fun, and I see no downside. I will, however, wait to submit a guess until tonight, considering that someone may come in with a stroke of genius that sways me.

Is there any reason we'd expect tracking to work here? If the mafia can just lie, making a plan doesn't really help anyone, right?

This was pretty much my thinking before the game started.

Got to ask people more familiar with Condude if this seems normal town Condude. I ask specifically because from the very little I've seen of him (and I really count last game for less because I was scum there so didn't really have to solve him), he strikes me as someone who is more likely than someone like me to be bold and somewhat controversial or something to open things up. If that makes any sense. Like the way he went after Don for just seeming to be too wishy washy or fluffy to start that last game. Maybe he does that because in his mind it's more townie and he's more likely as town to really go out on a limb. And the way he was very argumentative about some mechanics stuff in that game.

But anyway, his thoughts here were pretty much the way I was thinking of approaching the challenges in general. Like even down to asking if anyone else had any problems with it that he hadn't considered before. If I'd made it to thread before Condude I'd have said the same thing more or less.

Were you assuming that some kind of tracking thing would work? How did you think that might be a thing here? There wasn't really anything that made me think that in the rules. But I know you tend to see things mechanically in ways I usually don't immediately.

Alright, so, me. I play to my victory condition and to have fun. What I don't do is do things just because it's assumed that it's "good for the town". If I have a plan I sincerely think is good for the town and I have a way of forcing it through, I'll do it. See my stance on vigs (fire away, fire away), or shooting a non-Nanook target last game. I think I'm at least half decent on mechanics, and love coming up with creative solutions with the information I have. I also thrive in chaotic situations and do worse in orderly games. I often take a TON of pressure in the early game, which either results in me getting no votes later or getting lynched D1, depending on how well I weather the storm. This occurs as either alignment.

Currently, my reads in the early game suck big time. I'm focusing on being more open (I get tunneled easily, always have) and reading people without one scum flipped. Generally after one flip I'm not bad at all at finding associations.

I went into this game assuming that votes would be public knowledge and that the town would set up a tracking scheme. I wasn't sure whether I'd support, oppose, or unilaterally veto the proposal. It would have depended on what that proposal was. I just notice that this line of thinking was irrelevant, considering that we can't set up a scheme of any sort.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)

Postby Fatmo » 07 Apr 2020, 03:27

UFO Fever wrote:Hey Fatmo what the hell are you forgetting?

Lol oh yea.

UFO because we promised this to each other.

Thanks for the reply Condude. I'll take this stuff into consideration on reading you. And if anyone has any different opinions on what you've said, well then that's interesting too. Appreciate the response on how you see yourself.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

Fatmo

Postby condude1 » 07 Apr 2020, 03:35

I recruited one of my sisters for unethical science experiments involving modeling the Marshmallow Carrying Capacity of a Mouth. The compensation was a large number of marshmallows.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)

Postby Fatmo » 07 Apr 2020, 03:51

condude1 wrote:I recruited one of my sisters for unethical science experiments involving modeling the Marshmallow Carrying Capacity of a Mouth. The compensation was a large number of marshmallows.

It's all for science, so all is forgiven. Thank you for your noble work, good sir.

I expect a Nature paper out of this and to be in the acknowledgments.

Fatmo

Postby AKFD » 07 Apr 2020, 06:23

Hello all. This game is gonna be interesting. Might as well review the thread first.
Silver Classicist! (well, I used to be one)

Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.

Telleo wrote: I hereby dub AKFD the official PlayDip Mafia Royal Historian.
AKFD

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (834)
All-game rating: (772)
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby AKFD » 07 Apr 2020, 06:28

condude1 wrote:Alright!

So, I'm doing every challenge I can. It sounds like fun, and I see no downside. I will, however, wait to submit a guess until tonight, considering that someone may come in with a stroke of genius that sways me.

Is there any reason we'd expect tracking to work here? If the mafia can just lie, making a plan doesn't really help anyone, right?

I agree with this. Every vote matters in this game.
Silver Classicist! (well, I used to be one)

Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.

Telleo wrote: I hereby dub AKFD the official PlayDip Mafia Royal Historian.
AKFD

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (834)
All-game rating: (772)
Timezone: GMT+8

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads