No votes
UFO Fever
No votes
(GM/Unvote)
17%

Total votes : 6

Galavant Mafia

Postby Nanook » 17 Mar 2020, 07:44

A nightless game of mafia! All actions that players may or may not have will be sent in during the game day. Alignments are randomized (with one exception, noted below), so any character can be any alignment (they're almost all kind of lovable dicks anyways tbh, so it works flavor wise too).

The characters:

Galavant
Madalena
Isabella
Richard
Gareth
Sid
Roberta

Roberta is guaranteed to be town, because she is a perfect angel. Other characters may or may not have special abilities of their own.

There will be only two factions, Town and Mafia. There will be 5 town and 2 mafia at the start of the game. There will be no conversion mechanics. Town Kill (TK) is determined by plurality at EOD, reaching a majority before EOD will end the day early (discussion may continue until I close the thread). There are no nights, so the thread will only be closed long enough for me to announce a flip. Don't lie about your alignment after you've been killed, that's just a dick thing to do. Standard Nanook rules: Scum decide tied votes. No replacements once the game begins, just modkills. If a player has not been modkilled, assume they are responding to prods to my satisfaction. Modkills for inactivity are alignment-blind.

A poll will be created each day to vote. Votes must be called in thread using Huge Red Letters. Don't fake vote, I will modkill for it.

Roster:
UFO Fever
Fatmo
Strategus
Stupidface
lecrae
Kimpossible
Sinnybee
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Galavant Mafia

Postby Nanook » 17 Mar 2020, 07:50

D1 has started!

Vote using the poll above the thread.

You still have to call your votes in thread--failure to do so will lead to your vote not being counted and/or a modkill.

D1 voting will end at March 19, 6pm EDT. I’ll announce results as close to that as I can.

If you see a hammer, take a screenshot of the poll and send it to me.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Fatmo » 17 Mar 2020, 07:59

Sweet.

Just FYI, I’m feeling kinda under the weather and worried I might have the thing lol.

But I’m glad we finally doing a thing here again after a few months.

Let’s do this thing.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby shadowface » 17 Mar 2020, 08:05

Hey welcome back everyone! I'm town and intend to dazzle all with my scumhunting skills that have hopefully become a thing since last time I played.

Not much to read into yet but I do think it's quite odd that we have towncleared person and then there's no nightkill? Seems almost too good to be true, by balance scum might have a vig power or something like that? I don't know why that power would otherwise be in the game.

Other than that, just a caution from the rules: majority ends the day so let's skip the joyous stage of randomly red voting folks.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1

The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby shadowface » 17 Mar 2020, 08:08

Fatmo wrote:Just FYI, I’m feeling kinda under the weather and worried I might have the thing lol.

Oof. Hope you recover quickly!

shadowface

Postby Nanook » 17 Mar 2020, 08:15

There is a factional kill, it will process immediately after the TK.

If anyone runs into an issue with the poll, let me know. If there’s a hammer and I’m not around to see it, take a screenshot and PM me here or (preferably) on discord.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Fatmo » 17 Mar 2020, 08:17

shadowface wrote:Hey welcome back everyone! I'm town and intend to dazzle all with my scumhunting skills that have hopefully become a thing since last time I played.

Not much to read into yet but I do think it's quite odd that we have towncleared person and then there's no nightkill? Seems almost too good to be true, by balance scum might have a vig power or something like that? I don't know why that power would otherwise be in the game.

Other than that, just a caution from the rules: majority ends the day so let's skip the joyous stage of randomly red voting folks.

I guess that's kinda weird about having a cleared role, but nook is usually good about these kinds of things so yea there's probably balance somehow. There might be some kind of reason we don't know about that makes claiming that role not beneficial for town or dangerous somehow? And yea, maybe them having a vig shot or something could make some sense. I dunno. Anyone else have mechanics opinions or thoughts?

Has anyone here ever played a nightless game before? Or does anyone have any ideas about how they might design a game like this?

PPE: ahh there's a factional kill.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

Fatmo

Postby Fatmo » 17 Mar 2020, 08:18

shadowface wrote:
Fatmo wrote:Just FYI, I’m feeling kinda under the weather and worried I might have the thing lol.

Oof. Hope you recover quickly!

Thanks! :)

Fatmo

Postby shadowface » 17 Mar 2020, 08:21

nanooktheeskimo wrote:There is a factional kill, it will process immediately after the TK.

Okay that's slightly less jazzy then.

In that case, no one claim their names unless we all agree on a strategy for claiming. Don't want to narrow the already small pool for who Roberta is. And Roberta should claim only if they're almost going to get lynched, otherwise they'll just get killed by scum.

shadowface

Postby shadowface » 17 Mar 2020, 08:25

So, er, other guy on my timezone, are you, er, scum?

shadowface

Next

Return to Game Threads