Pet Mafia Game Thread

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: Pet Mafia Game Thread

Postby JoeHoya06 » 19 Dec 2019, 08:19

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Oh you dumbass, Aes was trying to cover for you

On the plus side I'm pretty sure you're both town now

And that was clear how? Isn't lying to the town anti-town? Why would he do that right out of the gate?
We're the builders of their destiny.

Gold Classicist, Mafia forum interloper
JoeHoya06
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1102
All-game rating: 1159
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Nanook » 19 Dec 2019, 08:21

JoeHoya06 wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Oh you dumbass, Aes was trying to cover for you

On the plus side I'm pretty sure you're both town now

And that was clear how? Isn't lying to the town anti-town? Why would he do that right out of the gate?

I'm the fish

And no actually Morgan claiming Baxter was better on D1, it hides who can't vote who from the scum and muddies the water wrt NK decisions
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby Nanook » 19 Dec 2019, 08:21

Please don't make me spell it out any more for you I'm reasonably sure I've already misplayed this tbh
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby JoeHoya06 » 19 Dec 2019, 08:29

Last game: "everything's too intense, we should chill out more"

Not even six hours into this game: "nice one, dumbass, dOn'T mAkE mE sPeLl It OuT fOr YoU"

:roll:

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Kim I think this might be your cue

Unless I missed my guess and it's BS or SJG

Also, wut?
We're the builders of their destiny.

Gold Classicist, Mafia forum interloper
JoeHoya06
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1102
All-game rating: 1159

Postby Nanook » 19 Dec 2019, 08:31

I think Kim might be Savannah--that or I'm just jumping to conclusions too early.

And yeah I swear more when I'm relaxed, probably shouldn't shock you by now tbh
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Nanook » 19 Dec 2019, 08:47

I probably shouldn't have to make this clear, but--a dog should never die today, mechanically, unless we think that both Aes and Joe are scum.

The reason is that if you think I'm town, killing a dog today means that:

a) scumDog is killed, townDog dies in night and townFish dies too
b) townDog is killed, scumDog lives in night and is killed tomorrow, townFish dies too

And if you think I'm scum, obviously you just kill me cause you think I'm scum, lol.

So we're pretty much never killing a dog today unless we decide they're both scum.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Blackswimmer » 19 Dec 2019, 10:38

Ok, so this got off to an interesting start. First things first:

No one else claim

At least, not until we get some kind of consensus on the matter. Personally my inclination is to say no more reveals at all - I don't think we really want to be treating Savannah differently to anyone else today. If we think they're scum, this is the best day to lynch them. If we think they're town, I strongly dislike the idea of wasting a day removing their immunity for no particular reason. And I don't want to cut down the Timon pool any more than we have to.
Ugluk wrote:Blackswimmer: Sinking in the deep end.

I'll be back
Blackswimmer

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Blackswimmer » 19 Dec 2019, 10:50

Aeschines wrote:But I think we'll get some information from at least the dog/fish side of things with reveals.

I'm Baxter.

If we can we should take that into account with voting totals, since Morgan won't be able to vote me (though I hope they won't feel the need to!).

There's never a lot to work with D1, materially, but let's give it our best shot. For the pets!

So run me through your thought process with this claim, please. What were you trying to accomplish here? Did it occur to you you might get counter-claimed by the real Baxter?

I'll be back
Blackswimmer

Postby Blackswimmer » 19 Dec 2019, 10:51

lecrae wrote:Aeschines - why the role reveal so soon? And why exactly should dogs/fish reveal? Was the reveal simply for the shock value of it all?

How serious is this vote, Lecrae? Do you really think Aesch is scum, or is this more of a whip vote?
lecrae wrote:
JoeHoya06 wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I was gonna be discrete but actually I'll just out it, killing a dog D1 is bad

The scum know this. I'm betting he's scum trying to find some safe space there, and if he gets CC'd, well, they've got their free NK.

I also don't think I understand what "having the vig around is better than not killing Savannah today" means...are you saying Baxter should take a shot? Isn't that pretty anti-town in an eight-player game? I'm not clear on the "not killing Savannah today" part either, I don't think.

JoeHoya, I don't get how you can be this confident Aeschines is scum already. You've already conjured up a scenario where Aeschines is scum playing a game of WIFOM to fake claim as a dog in order to get town credit, a pretty intricate plan that requires a lot of variables to go right - most glaringly, the fact that if he's lying about his role as a dog, he just gets counter-claimed and dies! Feels to me like opportunistic, "I see Aeschines already has votes so I'll hop on the bandwagon and push hard", contrived scumhunting.

How does this gel with your vote above?

I'll be back
Blackswimmer

Postby Blackswimmer » 19 Dec 2019, 10:53

JoeHoya06 wrote:Aeschines

If you're telling the truth, you're gonna get NK'd, and that takes away a chance for the scum to hit Timon. That is stupid and we can't let you live and cost us that chance.

If you're lying, you're looking for a counterclaim to give yourself a non-Timon target for the NK. And also scum.

Glad we got that one wrapped up ::checks watch:: five hours into the game. Good work, town!

Run me through how this is remotely a plausible scum narrative? Scum sacrifices themself in order to get a NK target at the cost of being lynched for it? How is that ever favourable for them?
JoeHoya06 wrote:
lecrae wrote:To clarify, you do mention the possibility that he gets CC'd, but do you really think the scum care so much about not hitting Timon, an already low likelihood to happen, that they'll throw one of their own under the bus and lose one of two numbers to get it?

A 100% chance is still better than an 83% chance, and if we mislynch today and they get a kill through tonight, the game could be over N2. Shit, even sooner if they kill off the dogs and Fish is town.

Yeah, but we're not going to mislynch today in that theory are we? We're going to lynch the scum who claimed Baxter.

I'll be back
Blackswimmer

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads