Pet Mafia Game Thread

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: Pet Mafia Game Thread

Postby kimpossible » 25 Dec 2019, 16:47

JoeHoya06 wrote:Also, did you just assume I'd be like, "ooh, vig shot, kill kill kill?" I know I wasn't there to talk about it, but you just assumed I wouldn't put any thought into the best course of action for the town and would just fire a shot (or Bite some Hammies, as it were)?

I mean... Yeah. I got stuck on "Oh shit we could actually lose the game tonight" and was also running some frantic shit-my-gift-for-my-brother-won't-be-here-before-we-leave errands, was literally having my interaction with Lecrae while waiting in a Wendy's drive through because I hadn't eaten all day... All I can say is that the issue of Justy being lynchproof was my biggest concern given I did think he could still be scum and that it was pretty important you take the shot there and that we not kill a townie so that we could afford to vig Justy. I'm not going to claim that I had every permutation of events in mind.

I went and re-read it to try and figure out what rubbed me the wrong way. First of all, I don't like the idea of asking someone to assess how they'd play in this sort of context; like, why would I tell you the truth about how I'd play if I'm scum?

Seems like that ought to be more on Lecrae, but ok.

TL, DR: it got my attention because I am always suspicious of people who give away information and am concerned about their motives for doing so.

Well of course the scum motivations are clear. But as town, I consider it my first responsibility to be readable. I always give away information as town, unless there's some good infosec reason not to. Town me wants to be scum me's worst enemy.

Not much point in responding to the rest, I think. But given that the above has as reasonable a town motive as a scum motive, and that I in fact have not at all insisted that the honest response deserves a townread -- that was someone else who said it -- at least consider the possibility that it's NAI and look for what in my play could have more scum motives than town motives.

Which probably isn't even applicable in this game anymore anyway. But once the game ends and you get confirmation that I'm town, try carrying it forward into how you read me in the future, because you generally aren't too accurate on me. I put it all out there as town and doubting me on that reasoning is worth very little.
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kimpossible » 25 Dec 2019, 18:52

Hopefully my last 2¢ for today, though my family did Christmas yesterday so I have plenty of time on my hands.

I don't think it's worth worrying over Shadow's identity, and in fact think this whole thing could be a scum gambit to get us not to lynch Shadow. Which would implicate Lecrae further than he already has been. A Lecrae/sjg team is already pretty fucked, so if they could convince us to switch based on sjg's "fake" Shadow claim, it might be their only Hail Mary to try to win the game.

So let's just go for it. I'm not going to feel torn up over it if we bet wrong on this and lose a game that was a disaster of imbalance in the first place.

Her?
kimpossible

Postby kimpossible » 25 Dec 2019, 18:53

Well. Other than bitching endlessly about the GM of course.

Her?
kimpossible

Postby Nanook » 25 Dec 2019, 19:56

kimpossible wrote:Hopefully my last 2¢ for today, though my family did Christmas yesterday so I have plenty of time on my hands.

I don't think it's worth worrying over Shadow's identity, and in fact think this whole thing could be a scum gambit to get us not to lynch Shadow. Which would implicate Lecrae further than he already has been. A Lecrae/sjg team is already pretty fucked, so if they could convince us to switch based on sjg's "fake" Shadow claim, it might be their only Hail Mary to try to win the game.

So let's just go for it. I'm not going to feel torn up over it if we bet wrong on this and lose a game that was a disaster of imbalance in the first place.

Read my mind
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby lecrae » 25 Dec 2019, 21:25

@Blackswimmer: You're Timon, yes? I may have found something that near town clears you.
lecrae

Standard rating: (1262)
All-game rating: (1305)

Postby lecrae » 26 Dec 2019, 06:46

Alright, tried waiting as long as I reasonably could. Obviously from the last post, you can see I'm Pepper. Blackswimmer will probably cc this if he's scum, but I can't wait any longer for a claim. If he doesn't cc me, then I'm pretty close to a town clear.

A Pepper/Shadow lecrae/sjg scumteam automatically wins in a 4-2. We steal a vote, make any vote 3-3, and then Pepper's effect means we win the Lynch. Obviously I wouldn't be messing with the town for this long if I had an auto-win. So a lecrae/sjg team is out of the water. Unless, of course, Blackswimmer cc's. Was kinda hoping he'd be online at all today so I could trap him into a Timon claim, but alas.

There's some obvious confirmation bias going on here w/ kim and nook towards me that I'll try to address tomorrow (seriously? Me potentially saving our asses is "further [scum] implication"?), but if no one's up for lynching non-sjg, I'll consolidate. Atm though, I still want to Lynch between kim/blackswimmer because sjg's play only makes sense if he's the non-Shadow scum. Leaning towards Blackswimmer because I can see kim's actions being a frustrated/exaggerating townie (will hopefully respond to her reply like I promised yesterday).

I'm not against an extension but that's only if y'all want it. I get it if y'all would rather just finish the game, it's just not in my nature.

Had a great Christmas, and hope everyone else did too!
lecrae

Postby lecrae » 26 Dec 2019, 06:52

Also nook is clearly never voting Kim so I just kinda have to hope he’s right at this point.
lecrae

Postby kimpossible » 26 Dec 2019, 14:48

Lecrae: your math looks good (and holy hell, another fucking way this game could have ended at 4:2???)

You potentially saved the town, but only if you guessed correctly that sjg fakeclaimed sjg.

Which is why it would further implicate you (the words I used yesterday) if sjg flipped Shadow because you would have been the one who alerted the town to the math Shadow issue, with the goal of getting us to lynch a different scumread, which even if it had been you, would have won you the game if sjg is actually Shadow all along.

So that isn't entirely confirmation bias.

But if you're actually Pepper, then... Yeah, I think I have to agree you can't be a team with sjg. You could be scum with Blackswimmer and have swapped claimed claimed roles, but to what effect? If I know sjg/Lecrae is impossible, then Blackswimmer becomes the only sure lynch.

But. What if sjg really is Shadow and the scum team, with a largely absent sjg, didn't think of that play before you posted about it? If we lynch the wrong one and leave Shadow alive, that's still a scum win.

(I'm so not playing another UFO setup unless he gets it vetted for balance by another GM.)

So... I'm staying on sjg and hoping we live to D3.

Her?
kimpossible

Postby kimpossible » 26 Dec 2019, 15:03

Wait, reading through that one other thing occurred to me. If Blackswimmer and Lecrae are scum and swapped claimed roles to prove sjg/Lecrae team is impossible, that doesn't actually prove Lecrae can't be scum. Only that he can't be scum with sjg, because if he was then he couldn't have swapped claims with BS.

But for it to be Lecrae/Blackswimmer, then sjg would definitely be Shadow. Which would mean BS would be the best lynch because he could be scum in either team, but if it's sjg/BS and sjg really is Shadow then we have to lynch him.

But... But... If it's BS/Lecrae, and we kill BS, then we'll know it's Lecrae because the scum team won't have won already. Meaning scum Lecrae should have just hopped on board with killing sjg because 1) it's the fastest way for BS/Lecrae to win, and 2) if we kill BS and the town doesn't immediately lose, then Shadow MUST be town.

Which means... Which means it's BS/sjg. And now just a choose-and-hope situation of which one really is Shadow.

Someone else look this all over though. I started going in circles in my brain at some point.

Her?
kimpossible

Postby Nanook » 26 Dec 2019, 15:19

It would’ve been nice to have this to consider BEFORE I was in Florida and had 2 minutes at a time to think about this.

I think I’m going to vote for the person I think is most likely scum (namely sjg) and if we get fucked by shitty mechanics blame UFO. Only way that changes is if Kim kimvinces me differently tbh, I don’t really have the time to think through the different permutations of mechanics but I trust her work.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads