Pet Mafia Game Thread

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Pet Mafia Game Thread

Postby Nanook » 24 Dec 2019, 15:10

kimpossible wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Eh that actually makes sjg the right vote doesn’t it? Cause he’s scum either way, yeah? Either lecrae is his partner trying to run cover, or he’s misguided town and the team is BS/sjg. Either way killing sjg first makes sure we get another day to figure it out (by we I mean Kim, lol)

Well with his last few posts now I think BS is town making a genuine effort to sort me, so I'm basically at Lecrae/sjg with an outside tinfoil hat chance of Joe. Not for not townreading me but just because I always (and I legitimately mean always) have that paranoid voice speaking to me in the back of my head.

Personally I'd rather stick on Lecrae and get my vindication sooner, but I'll consolidate to either one on the end. When is EOD? Today? To avoid Christmas?

I think it’s 26th? Not positive.

I get that, I do think safe play is sjg first but since you’re the one that’s gonna have to make the decision in f3 I’m fine with whatever way you want to go.

I’ll consider joe if we both end up surviving the night and not before that lol.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kimpossible » 24 Dec 2019, 15:15

Sjg requires me to not vote my biggest scumread and give up any doubt on a foil hat theory.

Otoh, sjg kinda makes or breaks it for me. If Joe is alive D3, y'all kill him dead. If it's you and me in F3, I'm killing whoever isn't you. Frankly, I don't want to spend that much time on it because I'll be skiing with my family and I'll confident in my reads except for that one tiny outside chance of Joe.

But again, if you two really prefer sjg, I'll go there. But let's at least talk it out a little more.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby kimpossible » 24 Dec 2019, 15:19

Actually I'll go to sjg now just in case I get busier today and Thursday than is already expected. Family Christmas is that, and skiing starts the 26th.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
kimpossible

Postby Nanook » 24 Dec 2019, 15:29

kimpossible wrote:Sjg requires me to not vote my biggest scumread and give up any doubt on a foil hat theory.

Otoh, sjg kinda makes or breaks it for me. If Joe is alive D3, y'all kill him dead. If it's you and me in F3, I'm killing whoever isn't you. Frankly, I don't want to spend that much time on it because I'll be skiing with my family and I'll confident in my reads except for that one tiny outside chance of Joe.

But again, if you two really prefer sjg, I'll go there. But let's at least talk it out a little more.

I think sjg is the safest play, yeah.

But, I mean, there’s a 99% chance that you’re gonna be making the lecrae/BS decision anyway, so if you want to make that decision today instead of tomorrow I’m not gonna argue hard with it, lol. Sjg is the safe, hedgy kill, but if you just wanna accelerate the process and make your decision today instead of tomorrow I’m OK with it.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Nanook » 24 Dec 2019, 15:33

I’m not really evaluating a scumJoe world because I don’t think we can win that without luck (and it’s unlikely imo). If joe is scum I have no idea who his partner is, and I’m gonna be pretty annoyed that what I thought was a super readable moment turned out to be scum faking it. So yeah. Pragmatism and reads and ego (in that order) mean I’m pretty much in a spot that I’m accepting a loss to joe if he’s scum at this point.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby kimpossible » 24 Dec 2019, 16:06

Meh. I don't really much care other than wanting my "DIE SCUMMY SCUM!" satisfaction on Lecrae a few days early. I always want to go kamikaze on a crap case against me (oh, and I remembered last night that Aes tried it in Superheroes, but it was never really gonna get off the ground).

But truly it doesn't much matter. It would just about take a slip of BS like accidentally copypastaing the scum chat into the thread. And the more I think about Joe... nah. ScumJoe doesn't CC townAes. Just doesn't make sense.
kimpossible

Postby sjg11 » 24 Dec 2019, 17:26

Hey folks,

First off a huge apology for this one. I'm town and if we lose this game it's all on me. I really shouldn't have signed up for this one. I clearly don't have the time to play Mafia right now and I need to take a step back for a while.

The scum here are lecrae and Blackswimmer and here is my (possibly too belated attempt) to make an argument as to why.

Lecrae and Blackswimmer start the game by bickering at each other about stuff. See lecrae's weak ass early BS argument. It looks like a scum who knows that their partner is scum and is making a case from that instead of the other way around. Look at... I think it was Aesch who said it on D1 but look at the early game distancing between lecrae and BS. It is there and I think it's what my spidey sense picked up on early on.

However, as time goes on, Blackswimmer starts defending lecrae. My memory of scum lecrae is of a player who was regularly fairly conciliatory when it came to discussing other people's arguments (at least unless he's desperate). Town lecrae is a lot more defensive when it comes to justifying his arguments.

Then we get to today and we have lecrae starting to push for other lines of inquiry to try to broaden his potential scum pool. Which is effectively a scum claim at this point (kim is the towniest townie who ever towned right at this moment).

Lecrae
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby lecrae » 24 Dec 2019, 18:03

Merry Christmas Eve, all!

I took a bit of a break and I'd like to think I have a clearer head now looking at the thread. I don't regret anything I said yesterday, but clearly my contrarian line of questioning didn't lead to anything productive. I'll drop it...for now.

On top of thinking kim's post(s) were weird af, I also really wanted to test how Blackswimmer would react to me pushing something on kim. Since a kim/myself/Blackswimmer final 3 was and still is looking pretty likely, I figured he'd jump at the opportunity as scum to push more division between us. Turns out he didn't really need to, so RIP to that potential read.

I'll probably be changing my vote to sjg, but I'll do my due diligence and read the D1 thread.
lecrae

Standard rating: (1262)
All-game rating: (1305)

Postby lecrae » 24 Dec 2019, 18:22

Also, side note: We need to role reveal today, I'm pretty sure.
lecrae

Standard rating: (1262)
All-game rating: (1305)

Postby kimpossible » 24 Dec 2019, 20:08

lecrae wrote:Also, side note: We need to role reveal today, I'm pretty sure.

Only reason not to would be to protect Timon and that’s not really a concern if Nook and Joe are town, which I’m already betting on.

You see an advantage to it though? Shadow can shift a vote, so we dogpile. Pepper is a tiebreaker, so again, we dogpile. We know who Fish and Baxter are and who gives a shit about Aladdin.

I dunno. Probably doesn’t matter. Nanook, your thoughts?

Lecrae if by some miracle you turn up town here I’m going to be super goddamn annoyed that you managed to twist my Day 1 so badly.
kimpossible

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads