Lights Out Mafia Game Thread: Day 3

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: Lights Out Mafia Game Thread: Day 3

Postby kimpossible » 03 Dec 2019, 21:50

Okay. If Zoomzip comes out scum from this after all we are going to have serious words about the bullshit emotional gutpunch of acting hurt that I could read him so wrong. So because I don't want to believe he'd go that fucking far as to have me fighting tears right now, I'm going to do something a little out there and throw down UFO Fever.

I don't want to vote Blackswimmer because I feel like he actually put the most work into talking me out of lynching UFO Fever and into sjg as an alternative. Like, he was the one I had the most discussion with. So maybe this was some kind of bus-gone-very-wrong scenario?
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Keirador » 03 Dec 2019, 21:59

Fatmo wrote:Kier, didn’t you say you tonally didn’t like Nook before ZZ replaced him?

Who are you scumreading now?

I think I answered the scumreading above, though that's not so much "scumreading" as fitting narratives and possibilities together.

I can't recall what I put in-thread about Nook, but I wasn't the biggest fan. The tough thing for me about Nook is that, consciously or not, he plays every game to make it easier for him to win as scum. A lot of digital ink has been spilt about Nanook (and UFO, apparently) getting into crazy fights and wild tangents and deep rabbit holes even or especially when he's town, and yes, I've killed him before for what I perceived as anti-town activity, and he has flipped town. What is spoken of considerably less, in my opinion, is that as scum, Nanook leverages this reputation and meta to knowingly and intentionally impede town productivity, and, if possible, tear the town down around him, all while people say "look at this other game, he was getting into fights and yelling at people there, too, and he was town."

So like. . . what can men do against such reckless hate?

Assuming I'm able to catch up, I'll judge the slot on Zoomzip, who I find much more readable.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Re: Lights Out Mafia Game Thread: Day 1

Postby Keirador » 03 Dec 2019, 22:02

kimpossible wrote: I'm not sure that looking for an answer in sjg's lynch is actually the way to do it.

And to be clear, I'm not suggesting that's how we should be playing it, I'm just reacting to my perception that, up until an hour or so ago, that's what the group had decided.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Postby Keirador » 03 Dec 2019, 22:09

Zoomzip wrote:ZoomZip

EARLIER THAT DAY
Keirador wrote:ZZ has a troubling tendency to hold his own life very cheaply and give people permission to kill him.

. . . so is this perfectly on-brand, or too perfectly on-brand?
Keirador

Postby kimpossible » 03 Dec 2019, 22:11

Keirador wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:ZoomZip

EARLIER THAT DAY
Keirador wrote:ZZ has a troubling tendency to hold his own life very cheaply and give people permission to kill him.

. . . so is this perfectly on-brand, or too perfectly on-brand?

I don't know. I'm more going on thinking (hoping) he wouldn't take that cheap shot at me after the way sjg fakequit the game D1.
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby condude1 » 03 Dec 2019, 22:58

GM Announcement:

Please stop posting.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby condude1 » 03 Dec 2019, 23:28

First off, I'm really sorry about this. I know a lot of people put a lot of time into this game.

Through the one window in the far corner, night falls unnaturally quickly. Midday turns to dusk turns to inky black midnight in a matter of mere minutes. As the last wink of light goes out, you hear an unnatural moan. Then another. The chorus of five zombified villagers echoes through the room. Without light, Joehoya, justy, Conq, Sjg and Condude (The flavourful corpse from D1) rise from their graves and feast on the living. It doesn't take long for the rest of the town to get cut down and feasted upon.

I hate to do this, but I have to call this game off.

The game is a DRAW.

AAR and further explanation up here.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Previous

Return to Game Threads