Fable Mafia 14 The Initiative Game Thread- Day Three

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: Fable Mafia 14 The Initiative Game Thread- Day Three

Postby JoeHoya06 » 01 Nov 2019, 22:42

Blackswimmer wrote:As for dweller's play... I really can't see any universe where it points to scumUFO. I'll grant that playing for a spidey lynch while keeping UFO in your back pocket would be sound. But not to the extent of outing yourself. If you're going to have to out yourself to secure the spidey lynch anyway, you lose nothing by lynching UFO first and potentially gain EVERYTHING. I just can't conceive of any rational reason to go for spidey like that if UFO's scum.

That's a really fair point; I've been thinking, "what would I do," but not really considering, "oh, Dweller had to basically forfeit the game to get the lynch." Hmm.
We're the builders of their destiny.

Gold Classicist, Mafia forum interloper
JoeHoya06
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1102
All-game rating: 1159
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby UFO Fever » 02 Nov 2019, 00:15

Sorry that I’m still really busy. Just popping back in to say that I’m *still* waiting to find out from sjg if I was officially roleblocked or not.
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby condude1 » 02 Nov 2019, 04:19

Blackswimmer wrote:
condude1 wrote:There is actually no one I want to lynch right now (Apart, obviously, from Spidey). I'm going to have to re-evaluate everyone.

Spideyweb. Blackswimmer made an excellent point about roles that I missed. For some reason I forgot Spidey could have a role to screw with us as well. The extra day is worth it. Plan retracted.

Spidey having a role is irrelevant, as we're either lynching another scum (who's equally likely to have a role) or we lose. Still think it's the right play, though.

Oh crap, good point. Anyways, the point about townie roles make sense, plus it's not worth it anymore this late in the day.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)

Postby condude1 » 02 Nov 2019, 04:21

Blackswimmer wrote:
condude1 wrote:Just a note about that last thought. Dweller didn't want to lose. He probably chose spidey because she would be the easiest lynch to push through while still proving he's Adam. TBH, if we'd gone Nanook's way, it would have worked great for him. If he'd chosen CT, we always lynch him first. That being said, I still don't think CT is scum. Although this logic would imply both of Spidey's partners were harder to lynch than Spidey. Which is scary. He might have just went for someone he didn't think could defend themselves.

Looking at dweller's posts just got me more confused, TBH. He put two confirmed townies as scumleans, and so I'm wondering whether Kim's right and it really is teal-leaf reading.

Ok, so both Spidey's partners are harder lynches than her. What does that tell you about UFO?

Nothing, sadly. UFO is active and vindictive. Pushing a lynch on him requires a lot of time and effort (I think I showed that pretty clearly yesterday), and is likely to put you into the crossfire. If I were going for an easy lynch, gimme Spidey over UFO any day. This is coming from someone who has pushed many an easy lynch as any alignment :P
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)

Postby UFO Fever » 02 Nov 2019, 06:43

condude1 wrote:
Blackswimmer wrote:
condude1 wrote:Just a note about that last thought. Dweller didn't want to lose. He probably chose spidey because she would be the easiest lynch to push through while still proving he's Adam. TBH, if we'd gone Nanook's way, it would have worked great for him. If he'd chosen CT, we always lynch him first. That being said, I still don't think CT is scum. Although this logic would imply both of Spidey's partners were harder to lynch than Spidey. Which is scary. He might have just went for someone he didn't think could defend themselves.

Looking at dweller's posts just got me more confused, TBH. He put two confirmed townies as scumleans, and so I'm wondering whether Kim's right and it really is teal-leaf reading.

Ok, so both Spidey's partners are harder lynches than her. What does that tell you about UFO?

Nothing, sadly. UFO is active and vindictive. Pushing a lynch on him requires a lot of time and effort (I think I showed that pretty clearly yesterday), and is likely to put you into the crossfire. If I were going for an easy lynch, gimme Spidey over UFO any day. This is coming from someone who has pushed many an easy lynch as any alignment :P

I literally would have been at 4 votes and he could have peaced the fuck out of the thread and I would have been dead NK problem, and he wouldn’t have had to out himself as Adam. Remember, we weren’t trying to kill him until he Adam claimed (I only wanted to kill him because I didn’t trust him to ever make a vote, making him either scum or a completely useless townie at LYLO).
Silver Classicist.
Undefeated as scum*.
UFO Fever

Postby CommanderTomalak » 02 Nov 2019, 12:18

Wait UFO, I might've missed something, but you were roleblocked on what? What was your role?

I feel like this might be important.

Oh: and, UFO, there were those of us (starting with me, I think?) who swapped over to lynching Dweller - which is why he was pressured into Adam-claiming. I think he may have been at 3-4 votes (tied with you I think) by the time he claimed Adam - and then everyone just dogpiled onto him.
Then he is but the first to fall.

- Commander Tomalak, Aspiring Classicist
CommanderTomalak

Standard rating: (1007)
All-game rating: (1131)
Timezone: GMT

Postby UFO Fever » 02 Nov 2019, 13:31

CommanderTomalak wrote:Wait UFO, I might've missed something, but you were roleblocked on what? What was your role?

I feel like this might be important.

Oh: and, UFO, there were those of us (starting with me, I think?) who swapped over to lynching Dweller - which is why he was pressured into Adam-claiming. I think he may have been at 3-4 votes (tied with you I think) by the time he claimed Adam - and then everyone just dogpiled onto him.

He had 2 votes. Pretty sure mine was first. And he all but declared as Adam as soon as he saw I voted for him.
Silver Classicist.
Undefeated as scum*.
UFO Fever

Postby UFO Fever » 02 Nov 2019, 13:32

UFO Fever wrote:
kimpossible wrote:
UFO Fever wrote:Spidey.

I’m fucking pissed that my power was wasted.

Okay. Well then, what was your power?

A one shot investigation of determining every person who visited a dead player the night that they died. It’s part of the reason why I haven’t been playing at my best townie self, I needed scum to not NK me for 2 nights. Last night I investigated MR to see who visited him when he died. Turns out nobody did apparently! So either I was RBed or scum has a fucking invisibility cloak or some shit.

This is my power.
Silver Classicist.
Undefeated as scum*.
UFO Fever

Postby kimpossible » 02 Nov 2019, 17:16

I don't feel like I have anything useful to add at this point. I think there are salient arguments on either side of the "Dweller's townread on UFO" debate, and I don't think we're going to get much further until we start talking with real votes.
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby CommanderTomalak » 02 Nov 2019, 17:29

Right on, sorry UFO.

So - MR just... straight up died?

That's... weird, to say the least - especially given MR should've been the scum kill, right? It first: makes me sus about the nature of your power (a little anyway), but also what happened in the circumstances revolving around MR's death. Unless MR decided to leave and was mod-killed? In that case, SJG should tell us - so I'm going to assume it's not the case.

Maybe it only lists still living players, and Adam killed MR? I have a feeling MR was the scum kill since he was the first one down though.

Great, sorry about my memory not being the best on Dweller - I've checked and you were right.
Then he is but the first to fall.

- Commander Tomalak, Aspiring Classicist
CommanderTomalak

Standard rating: (1007)
All-game rating: (1131)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads