Russian Roulette Mafia (D2)

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: Russian Roulette Mafia (D2)

Postby Aeschines » 12 Sep 2019, 23:28

kimpossible wrote:The other thing about Dweller and Aes that's been niggling at me the last little while is this: scum know what bullets are in the gun, and UFO's vision of tomorrow lists "A bullet" as one of the, um... bullets. And I'd bet cash money that's what a killing shot is called.

Which means if Dweller is scum, he could easily know that "A bullet" isn't in the gun today, and have no problem emptying it into his own head. Whereas scum Aes would know the same thing, but was unwilling to shoot himself, when he could have made himself look townie by going along with the plan.

UFO's angleshoot here is kinda icing on the cake. Dweller knows stuff he shouldn't.

That's a really, really good point and one I hadn't considered.

Okay, I apologize if I've been too deadset on my mechanical view here of how the game works. I made a couple of assumptions (like every gun has a bullet) and have been operating from them 100%. If that isn't true (and I appreciate you pointing out that good game design might even cut against including a bullet in every gun, Kim) then this is a good catch. And I'll admit that I was doing my mechanical game (all) wrong.

kimpossible wrote:Though fuck me, I really don't think UFO is scum, and I really don't think sjg is scum, which leaves me back at a Dweller/Fatmo team if it isn't Aeschines.

:? :? :? This!
Platinum Member of the Classicists
Aeschines

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1487)
All-game rating: (1639)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby shadowface » 12 Sep 2019, 23:54

Game Rule 21:
Do not discuss the specific timing of GM communications: this will be considered angleshooting.

This is unambiguously against the rules:
UFO Fever wrote:Here’s how I know Dweller is lying. As soon as Dweller said they were firing the gun I PMed Shadow a question about my gun’s ability worked. Not only has Shadow not answered me, she’s still yet to open the message. So unless Shadow is going out of her way to fuck with me then I call bullshit.

FYI, this kind of thing is precisely what this rule was meant to prevent: I can't be at my computer all the time but this should provide no source of information to players to speculate on whether or not someone else fired the gun.

UFO Fever has been modkilled. He was a member of the town.

Y'all have about 6 hours left to vote for the lynch before end of day.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1

The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby shadowface » 12 Sep 2019, 23:58

Wow, 5 players have died in this game and each has died in a unique way. So creative.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1

The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface

Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby kimpossible » 13 Sep 2019, 00:06

Well... on the upside, we were already figuring on dropping to 3:2 before the lynch, so... fingers crossed.

I feel like this doesn't change much for me in terms of my reads, I was already pretty solid on UFO as town. I also still think sjg is probtown, and Aes... at least makes a little more sense than he did before? I don't think it's completely impossible that this was a Hail Mary to get Dweller killed instead of himself because that would be his legit only chance to win the game, but then I'm back to "Why wouldn't he have just done the town plan to look towny?"

Which means I think it's down to Dweller/Fatmo. I fully expect to be dead for D3, assuming we have a D3, so that's my thoughts.
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Aeschines » 13 Sep 2019, 00:23

UFNOoooooooooooooooooo

Okay. Well, that was silly. And frustrating. It feels like at least two town deaths have been completely avoidable (not counting Sjg's big of CT).

But we should be getting to D3. I think we have Dweller caught dead to rights.

I'm sold on Kim and I think sold on SJG. So that just leaves Fatmo and Dweller. I think we can still do this!

Please, please town- don't use the gun tomorrow. Even if there is a 1/6 (or less) chance of death that would be an exceptionally silly way for us to go down.

@Fatmo- if you want me to believe you could be town for even a second D3, you better be voting Dweller (though being honest that's probably still not going to cut it)
@Kim- we good?
@Sjg- are you seeing anything Kim and I are missing?

I'm expecting Fatmo to empty the clip into himself tomorrow as a last-ditch hail Mary. But barring a bullet proof vest or two vig kills, we should be okay!
Platinum Member of the Classicists
Aeschines

Standard rating: (1487)
All-game rating: (1639)

Postby kimpossible » 13 Sep 2019, 00:29

@Aes: We're as good as we're going to be, just left with the constant internal doubts I'd have on anyone. Especially someone who I've read wrong pretty consistently. :P
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Fatmo » 13 Sep 2019, 04:34

Bleh, haven't had much time this week.

kimpossible wrote:@Aes: We're as good as we're going to be, just left with the constant internal doubts I'd have on anyone. Especially someone who I've read wrong pretty consistently. :P

Seriously? I don't get this at all.

Aeschines wrote:@Kim- we good?

Wow...buddy much?

Aeschines wrote:
kimpossible wrote:Though fuck me, I really don't think UFO is scum, and I really don't think sjg is scum, which leaves me back at a Dweller/Fatmo team if it isn't Aeschines.

:? :? :? This!

Lol wow.

How has Aes convinced you all of a sudden that I'm more likely scum than he is?

kimpossible wrote:I don't think it's completely impossible that this was a Hail Mary to get Dweller killed instead of himself because that would be his legit only chance to win the game

This is exactly what's happening.

To me, this looks like a desperate bus attempt. I'd put money on Aes having told Dweller to say the stuff he did so that he could all of a sudden have a "eureka!" moment and hard bus Dweller for town credit.

Also, we don't really even have any proof that Dweller took those shots at all. Maybe, since we only have three proven shots to have happened, they just gave the names of the two shots other than the killing bullet and just said that only two shots were left, and made up what they assume the effects might be from the names. We can believe CT's Antidote and obviously Sjg had his shot, and UFO flipped town and wouldn't have made up a bunch of random shots for the next day anyway, since if anyone took a shot he could be proven wrong. But you're just believing how many shots Dweller took? Or even that he took any?

Kim, lol I know Aes is really hard to read. He's hard for me too. But he's just scum with Dweller here.

Aeschines wrote:@Fatmo- if you want me to believe you could be town for even a second D3, you better be voting Dweller (though being honest that's probably still not going to cut it)

Lol it's so blatantly obvious you're going to keep me alive and kill one of Sjg or Kim in order to mislynch me for the win tomorrow.

Like, it's clearly not going to be enough for you that I vote Dweller, but if you want help busing your partner, I'll play along. You're both scum anyway lol.

Well, no game for me is complete without being brought into the final day with the goal of mislynching me. I've gotten used to it by now. But I must have more than a 50% success rate when scum tries that, so yea, prepare for massive walls of case tomorrow. I haven't had time this week, but that will be the weekend.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Fatmo » 13 Sep 2019, 04:59

Also, Dweller says that his “Gavel” bullet gives him the final word on if a killing bullet kills the person who shot it. Well how does it make any sense to have that bullet there today if there’s no killing bullet? Am I the only person to notice how little sense that makes? Or did I miss anyone else say that? I’d assume that...again...a player like Aes would notice that and think it looked off.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby dweller » 13 Sep 2019, 05:29

Actually more specifically a gavel means that whoever is the "next" person who dies using the bullet. Then I can decide whether he dies or not. It can be tomorrow or later not necessarily today.
dweller

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (871)
All-game rating: (862)
Timezone: GMT

Postby dweller » 13 Sep 2019, 05:34

Also you people are talking about is there a killing bullet or not. By firing which someone dies. So if I was the last person to use the gun today and still I did't die that means there's no such bullet for today.
And I wasn't lying. I was telling the truth. I fired the gun four times but only got effects. Which means the gun was already fired four times. which means someone else is lying.
dweller

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (871)
All-game rating: (862)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads