Good Omens Mafia (D1)

Moderators: Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip

Good Omens Mafia (D1)

Postby Nanook » 08 Aug 2019, 06:00

It is currently D2. You may talk in thread to your contents.

There are 3 factions in this game: Angels, Demons, and Aziraphale/Crowley. There are four Angel Names and four Demon names--cover names for A/C were chosen randomly from within each four. There are guaranteed to only be these three alignments present in the game.

Demon Names:
Beelzebub
Hastur
Ligur
Satan

Angel Names:
Gabriel
God
Metatron
Michael

Angels can win one of two ways: by killing all the Demons, or by outnumbering the Demons when Armageddon is triggered.

Demons can win one of two ways: by killing all the Angels, or by outnumbering the Angels when Armageddon is triggered.

Aziraphale and Crowley have their own win condition which or may not coincide with or conflict with the Angel and/or Demon win conditions.

There will be a NK on odd numbered nights. Only one of you knows the specifics of this. There is also a secret method to trigger Armageddon.

Flips will give character name and special role, if any. If Aziraphale or Crowley die, they will flip as their cover name.

Alive:

Bwlvych(replaces Durga)
Fatmo
Kimpossible
Sjg11
UFO Fever

Dead:
CommanderTomalak (Michael)
Aeschines (Beelzebub)
Dwiltse (Metatron)

Reserves:
AKFD
Bwlvych (maybe)
ZoomZip (in case of emergency only)

Game Map
End Of Day 1
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Good Omens Mafia (N0)

Postby Nanook » 08 Aug 2019, 06:05

Good Omens Mafia will premiere after this brief message from our sponsors.

It is currently N0. D1 will start at approximately August 8, 11pm EDT.

Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Re: Good Omens Mafia (N0)

Postby Nanook » 09 Aug 2019, 05:37

And now, the long anticipated premiere of Good Omens Mafia...

It is now D1! The day will end at approximately August 11, 6pm EDT/11pm BST.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Re: Good Omens Mafia (D1)

Postby Durga » 09 Aug 2019, 06:27

This concept is fun and different but I have no idea how I'm supposed to be playing
Durga

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Fatmo » 09 Aug 2019, 07:15

Durga wrote:This concept is fun and different but I have no idea how I'm supposed to be playing

Same. Also mostly just here to mark the thread. Tonight is pretty busy for me. Will be able to post more tomorrow if I can’t later tonight.

Mechanics oriented people, initial thoughts? Aes?

Also, greetings Commander Tomalak! You played much Mafia before? What kinds of games are you used to? Welcome.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby CommanderTomalak » 09 Aug 2019, 09:50

I will confess, I have played a few games of mafia before, but never by forum - though I'm glad to be welcomed here.

I'm also completely not sure of what I should be doing, but oh well! Let's see how it goes.
Then he is but the first to fall.

- Commander Tomalak, Aspiring Classicist
CommanderTomalak

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1007)
All-game rating: (1131)

Postby Fatmo » 09 Aug 2019, 12:45

CommanderTomalak wrote:I will confess, I have played a few games of mafia before, but never by forum - though I'm glad to be welcomed here.

I'm also completely not sure of what I should be doing, but oh well! Let's see how it goes.

Play to your win condition. For angels, it's to try to kill all the demons or outnumber them when Armageddon happens. For Demons, kill all the angels or outnumber them when Armageddon happens. We don't know what the win condition is for Aziraphale/Crowley.

Do you know the basic rules for voting and stuff like that? On this site, the normal rules are that you vote for someone to TK/Lynch/shoot (however you've referred to voting to kill someone however you've played before) and whoever has the most votes at the end of the day is killed. Some sites have a rule where once a majority is reached, the day automatically ends and that person is killed. Here we wait until the end of the day, unless enough people vote to end the day, which I don't think I've ever seen happen.

To vote for someone, when you're writing a post and want to vote, change the font size to "huge" and the font color to the red that's on the lower left of the colors when you're choosing.

So a vote for me would look like this: Fatmo

If you want to unvote someone without making a new vote, in the same font write Unvote

Err, wait, is unvoting supposed to be blue? Some votes like "end day" or "no lynch" are in blue. Lol just in case, Unvote

Anyway, as Durga was saying, this is a pretty weird game compared to any other games I've played here. I've never been in a forum game with three alignments. It's normally like 7-10 town vs like 2-3 scum. So the ratios are way different here. I think the only three alignment game I've played was when we had enough players to do three-faction "compromise" on discord. But those are fast live games. I think I've only ever been in one forum game that had so many unknown things (Dune), but at least that one didn't have crazy secret Armageddons or enigmatic third alignments lol. I'm not sure what the difference is between closed and semi-closed setups, but open setups are where all potential abilities are known. So this is some degree of closed. So actually, maybe you're relatively less out of your depth here than you would be if this was a more standard game for the site.

nanooktheeskimo wrote:There will be a NK on odd numbered nights. Only one of you knows the specifics of this.

This also strikes me as pretty weird. Every other game I've played has had the normal scum factional night kill every night as far as I recall. This is odd because there's one only every odd night, but also because we've been told that only one person knows the specifics of this.

I'd love to see what you folks think of things at the start here.

I'm off for the night.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby kimpossible » 09 Aug 2019, 14:42

Yeah, so... Fatmo mentioned Compromise, and I get the sense this is similar. There are 4 each of the two main factions, and I still need a definite answer but I think it stands to reason that neither of those would know who the others in their faction are.

The way I've seen Compromise go down in the few live games I've played, everyone kinda hedges and asks questions until someone finally thinks it's time to gamble and reveals their alignment, and then someone gets shot. Except also there's usually some lying about roles and alignments in there too.

Long story short, I'm not sure how to do this either but I think it's much closer to Compromise than Mafia.
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby sjg11 » 09 Aug 2019, 17:26

Hey gang, drinking tonight, will return tomorrow evening.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)

Postby kimpossible » 09 Aug 2019, 17:37

Update: Nanook confirmed neither faction knows its other members, which makes sense.
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Next

Return to Game Threads