Durga
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)
Timezone: GMT

Re: A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Postby Durga » 14 Jul 2019, 21:10

He’s done several things I’ve seen him do as town. Like going through previous days and finding new things that look interesting once there are flips to analyze, and the fake claim from yesterday. I just wish I had a better grasp on if his reasons behind that made sense. And so much of what he does and says just feels like it makes sense and fits. He’s found a lot today. But could that be because he’s just really good at these kinds of games? Agh. And I thought in retrospect after Aes flipped scum that it’s maybe kind of weird to me that he backed off Conq to such a great degree after he retracted his charisma claim when he’d been saying he suspected conq for other reasons before.

I have seen him do both the analysis thing and the fake claim thing as both town and scum. The most important thing to note with scum!Conq vs town!Conq is his voting patterns and how flipped scum interacted with him. He's fantastic at appearing townie otherwise. He puts in a lot of effort for anything he plays.
Durga
Premium Member

Postby Durga » 14 Jul 2019, 21:11

God Fatmo is so hedgy..
Durga
Premium Member

Postby Fatmo » 14 Jul 2019, 21:52

Durga, I did kinda townread you most of D1 up until close to EOD there. The way you voted Sjg with what seemed like such little conviction while not considering trying for me or Aes when you had a chance near EOD for either of us. That EOD just seemed so off in a way it’s hard to understand.

The reason I’ve been saying I can’t push much is because this weekend turned out that I just haven’t had as much time as I wanted to play, and been limited to phone and very busy. I can engage a bit now and then, but rereading and digging up quotes is just not practical. And the reason I’m worried I’ll get it wrong now is that it will be completely my fault if town looses. And I just don’t have the same meta knowledge or experience with either of you that you have with each other. And you’re both pointing to meta to a certain extent. I see potential interactions with/from Aes that could point to either of you.

Like, what do you actually think about the things I’ve pointed to with Conq? I feel like you’re upset that I haven’t straight up reread the whole thread, and conq has expressed a similar sentiment. But doing that and pulling up quotes just hasn’t been practical for me. But at the sane time, I’ve put up actual ideas about things I thought might have looked weird. Like how Aes backed off Conq like he did when Conq said he was lying about having charisma active yesterday. Or my speculation about the night kill of Kim. Why are you not trying to meet me halfway here and maybe give thoughts on the thoughts I’ve already given up instead of just being upset that I can’t do things in the ideal and methodical way now.

I will try to reread some of the game when I’m driving back to LA in like an hour. Not sure how productive that will or how much I can do there or signal but I’ll try. I didn’t have the time this phase to sit at a computer for a few hours with a cup of tea and analyze the whole game thread and pull up quotes. Oy.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Durga » 14 Jul 2019, 23:53

I replied to what I saw you saying about Conq. What are you talking about otherwise? Point form please
Durga
Premium Member

Postby Fatmo » 15 Jul 2019, 00:00

I’m in a car being driven through the middle of nowhere in a desert. Very tired, and ill never be able to get through the whole thread. Not even close. but looking for stuff from the start of the game. Sometimes I get the feeling that scum can have an easier time slipping up early, before it becomes clear who is reading who as what. When things are the most up in the air. Things can be missed in the starting chaos.

But bleh. Durga, you keep saying that the only way you can catch conq as scum is via interactions with flipped scum and stuff like that. But like, why haven’t you looked for specific things? You’ve been aware all day that I haven’t been able to. You’ve chastised me for it. But you could have looked for some of this yourself. It’s weird that you haven’t done this really.

I’m finding some kind of interesting things from conq abs Aes. Duck I wish I had more tins to do this and that I’d been able to do it earlier and get responses from Conq and input from Durga.

I just found this from Aes. And remembering what happened in super heroes, it seems incredibly bizarre that conq didn’t jump on this immediately. Should have been a huge red flag for him.

How about this @Nook and @Conq... You both shut up about whether D1 is valid and do some scum hunting. Maybe no has has ever showed me what sensible, logic-driven scum hunting is on D1? So far, the discussion over powers seems mildly useful, but I'm not seeing much else that warrants actual discussion.

Ok. In super heroes, Aes was scum with Sjg. Conq was town in that game. During D1, Aes and conq had a back and forth exactly about how to catch scum D1. But then, after this, conq straight up soul scumread Sjg and got him lynched D1.

Conq, how did you not see this from Aes and then not point out how ridiculous it was that Aes could say this after the example of that game? How did this not ring alarm bells for you? If you ever mentioned this, can you point to it? I went far enough ahead that you’d made several posts after that and didn’t see mention of it.

I saw at least one other thing from the first 4 pages, but can only quote one quote at a time so have to go back and find it.

PPE: ahh hello Durga

One other thing about you from D1 I forgot to mention today is when you seemed like you were trying to make Kim look bad for mixing up the opinions of Conq and Nook about reveals. Just wanted to make sure I made that clear here as something that still looks weird.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

Fatmo

Postby Fatmo » 15 Jul 2019, 00:08

And it just doesn't seem like there is that much to hide. Scum are very likely to successfully make a NK tonight whether we reveal or not. I think we get more out of the reveal than the very small chance of having an agility power active at the same time that scum attempts to NK someone.

This is from conq also very early D1. Before reveals.

Here he’s going out of his way to say that, whether we reveal or not, night kills are “very likely” to succeed. “Very small chance” of having agility active. If he’s saying this here, why did he get so obsessed with thinking scum more or less had to have strength activated during D2? This doesn’t seem consistent.

Fatmo

Postby Conq » 15 Jul 2019, 00:18

Fatmo wrote:
And it just doesn't seem like there is that much to hide. Scum are very likely to successfully make a NK tonight whether we reveal or not. I think we get more out of the reveal than the very small chance of having an agility power active at the same time that scum attempts to NK someone.

This is from conq also very early D1. Before reveals.

Here he’s going out of his way to say that, whether we reveal or not, night kills are “very likely” to succeed. “Very small chance” of having agility active. If he’s saying this here, why did he get so obsessed with thinking scum more or less had to have strength activated during D2? This doesn’t seem consistent.

Not sure what you think is inconsistent. Scum were very likely to make a NK whether they knew who had AGI or not. That has always been true.

It’s also true that because targeting Kim required scum to take a huge risk (risking making someone clear and losing their NK), it seems quite likely that they really needed or wanted Kim dead for some reason. What is “inconsistent”?
Conq
Premium Member

Standard rating: 2410
All-game rating: 2549

Postby Conq » 15 Jul 2019, 00:22

Fatmo wrote:I’m in a car being driven through the middle of nowhere in a desert. Very tired, and ill never be able to get through the whole thread. Not even close. but looking for stuff from the start of the game. Sometimes I get the feeling that scum can have an easier time slipping up early, before it becomes clear who is reading who as what. When things are the most up in the air. Things can be missed in the starting chaos.

But bleh. Durga, you keep saying that the only way you can catch conq as scum is via interactions with flipped scum and stuff like that. But like, why haven’t you looked for specific things? You’ve been aware all day that I haven’t been able to. You’ve chastised me for it. But you could have looked for some of this yourself. It’s weird that you haven’t done this really.

I’m finding some kind of interesting things from conq abs Aes. Duck I wish I had more tins to do this and that I’d been able to do it earlier and get responses from Conq and input from Durga.

I just found this from Aes. And remembering what happened in super heroes, it seems incredibly bizarre that conq didn’t jump on this immediately. Should have been a huge red flag for him.

How about this @Nook and @Conq... You both shut up about whether D1 is valid and do some scum hunting. Maybe no has has ever showed me what sensible, logic-driven scum hunting is on D1? So far, the discussion over powers seems mildly useful, but I'm not seeing much else that warrants actual discussion.

Ok. In super heroes, Aes was scum with Sjg. Conq was town in that game. During D1, Aes and conq had a back and forth exactly about how to catch scum D1. But then, after this, conq straight up soul scumread Sjg and got him lynched D1.

Conq, how did you not see this from Aes and then not point out how ridiculous it was that Aes could say this after the example of that game? How did this not ring alarm bells for you? If you ever mentioned this, can you point to it? I went far enough ahead that you’d made several posts after that and didn’t see mention of it.

Did you read the AAR from Superheroes? Aesch really believes this stuff when he’s Town too. I still think that’s NAI for him. So, no, I didn’t “jump all over him for that.”

I’m surprised this pinged you at all. Did you read that AAR?
Conq
Premium Member

Standard rating: 2410
All-game rating: 2549

Postby Fatmo » 15 Jul 2019, 00:32

Conq wrote:
Fatmo wrote:I’m in a car being driven through the middle of nowhere in a desert. Very tired, and ill never be able to get through the whole thread. Not even close. but looking for stuff from the start of the game. Sometimes I get the feeling that scum can have an easier time slipping up early, before it becomes clear who is reading who as what. When things are the most up in the air. Things can be missed in the starting chaos.

Did you read the AAR from Superheroes? Aesch really believes this stuff when he’s Town too. I still think that’s NAI for him. So, no, I didn’t “jump all over him for that.”

I’m surprised this pinged you at all. Did you read that AAR?

I know Aes actually believes this. I said that during D1. Seen it as both scum and town from him. That’s not my issue here. Your first post to Aes in this one was reacting to him saying the same thing again, and you stressed how it’s vitally important to be trying to hunt scum in this particular D1 because of our low numbers.

Then he @ you and was like “can someone point me to where someone legit hunted down scum with logic D1?” But like, he of all people should have remembered that happening D1 in that game to his scumbuddy. I’d think you’d have thought it was weird he had just more or less forgotten his experience in his last game, since it was you that did find scum D1 on logic. I get that he doesn’t believe that, but I’d think you’d try to remind him of that example when he siecificakky asked you for it.

Fatmo

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads