A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Moderators: condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11, Zoomzip, Telleo

Re: A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Postby Conq » 12 Jul 2019, 23:58

Durga

What I've read is very consistent with what I suspected, and I think that vote at EOD1 is pretty strong evidence. I'll still finish my re-read when I can, but I feel pretty good about this vote. The fact that Durga is suggesting that "it's just so obvious that she's town that me even thinking this means I am scum" is pretty damn unconvincing. If she were town, she'd be trying to engage with me; not just trying to shade me.
Conq
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2410
All-game rating: 2549
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Conq » 13 Jul 2019, 00:00

I'm just not going to have the same kind of time to put into this after about 5:00 pm PT today, FYI. I'll follow along from my phone, and I'll try to finish my re-read, but I won't be able to keep up to date if there is much going on.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Conq » 13 Jul 2019, 07:15

Aeschines wrote:
Conq wrote:What is the benefit to Town of knowing who’s vote I control? I don’t see it.

By keeping it secret, I think it makes it much harder for scum to vote and gives us a better chance of identifying the team.

I disagree with you here. It makes it hard for the scum to vote, yes. But I think that it also makes it *much* harder for the town to figure out what direction we need to go. If both of you have active CHA it makes it very risky for the town to seriously consider more than one target.

I'd much rather you both just revealed. If we get a dipole, yay. If we don't get a dipole than at least we know what's going on in terms of who's vote matters.

As it stands, I think we need to be pretty much unanimous about our actual votes. If a scum has CHA up on a townie, then the scum can just force a mis-TK.

I think Aeschines’s reactions to the Nook/Conq Charisma discussion on Day 2 is pretty interesting. Aeschines was trying pretty hard to get us both to claim which vote we controlled. I guess a big part of that would be because there would be a 2/3 chance, from his perspective, that Town controlled his double vote, which meant that he might as well bus, I think.

If you’re scum, and two townies reveal CHA and don’t say which votes they control, I would think you would feel pretty powerless. And I would think you would just bus your partner. If it doesn’t seem like your vote is going to matter. Go get some cred.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Durga » 13 Jul 2019, 18:07

Where's Fatmo at?
Durga
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Conq » 13 Jul 2019, 18:49

I think he said that he was not going to around much this phase. Or, alternatively, chilling in scumchat?

Any response to my D1 re-read? Questions for me? Think I’m still scum given Kim’s reads and my late D1 push on Aeschines?
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Conq » 13 Jul 2019, 19:16

Do we need to extend the phase? Would be a shame if y’all can’t participate.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Fatmo » 13 Jul 2019, 21:10

Conq wrote:Do we need to extend the phase? Would be a shame if y’all can’t participate.

I would absolutely want to extend the phase if that’s ok with everyone. Yea this weekend is crazy.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

Postby Conq » 13 Jul 2019, 21:24

Fatmo wrote:
Conq wrote:Do we need to extend the phase? Would be a shame if y’all can’t participate.

I would absolutely want to extend the phase if that’s ok with everyone. Yea this weekend is crazy.

Fine with me. Is it angle shooting if I find your interest in extending the phase to be towny?
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Fatmo » 13 Jul 2019, 21:34

Conq wrote:
Fatmo wrote:

Fine with me. Is it angle shooting if I find your interest in extending the phase to be towny?

Lol the things you see as angle shooty don’t really strike me as that bad.

Durga, you aight with that?

Like ideally I’d want it to go to Tuesday but yea that’s kind of asking a lot.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

Postby Durga » 14 Jul 2019, 03:54

Ufo said we weren't allowed to talk about this in the thread? Fine by me anyway
Durga
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat