A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Moderators: Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip

Re: A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Postby UFO Fever » 12 Jul 2019, 03:09

You awaken again and wow, over half of the group is dead! You double check and realize that Nanook is missing. And after seeing his corpse in his tent you realize that he's only half as brutally murdered as Kim was. Nanook was not an evil person. With only three of you left, you all glare at each other while the camera zooms in to your faces like every single Western movie cliche. It's time to settle this. Day 3 begins now. In regards to the NK though...

Nanook didn't like that.

Day 3 will end July 14 at 6:00 pm Pacific Time.
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Fatmo » 12 Jul 2019, 03:47

Well, once Aes flipped scum, Nook was pretty much clear, so this makes sense.

Sorry Nook I was so dense about you. Well not sorry about being skeptical, but some of my stuff must have been legit annoying. Lol you can tell me what a fool I was after the game. By the hours before EOD, you did seem better. I just really thought Durga was the better lynch yesterday. But you stuck to your guns and you were right about Aes.

Also, damn I still can’t read Aes very well lol. I’ve now been in two games with him. He was one of my top scumreads where he was town, and one of my top townreads here most of the game. I think that thing I noticed D2 in his reasons for voting Nook from his previous Durga vote might have been the only real slip I caught. And also a sign pointing to Durga being his partner. That was one major reason I tried to get him to swing his vote back to Durga. My exchanges with nook at the time also pushed me that way.

Also, woah with the tie yesterday. I thought about it for a minute, and the most reasonable way I think it got to that 3-3 tie was that Aes was truthful about having intellect and it was active and he didn’t tell us.

Do either of you see another way that could reasonably have happened?

Durga, obviously I’m thinking you’re the last scum. I didn’t really buy any of the cases you made on anyone. I’ll still go back and look at stuff though just to do my due diligence. But if you’re town, this is do or die time. So basically, convince me that Conq is scum or die. Unless you’re gonna go the rout of trying to convince Conq I’m scum.

Either of you. Questions for me?

I didn’t want to say this before, because saying so might have further incentivized scum to not NK me, but I’ll be much more inactive this final phase because I’m going on a trip. Lol I was kinda hoping to get NKd and then Conq and Nook (or replace Conq with Durga if I’ve just been absolutely duped by the real dark wizard in Conq) could bring this home.

Durga and conq. Are either of your charisma abilities active?
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

Postby Durga » 12 Jul 2019, 03:50

Okay - in all seriousness.

Go back and read my interactions with Aes and explain to me how I can be scum. Because that interaction should be proof to you that it was not scum v scum.

In fact, I'm shocked that you came into this thread still thinking that after how the last day transpired.

You're telling me that neither scum tried to seriously go for a mislynch last day? You're joking right?

The three-three tie is obviously because Nook didn't have CHA he has INT.... Right? I don't understand the conclusion that Aes must have had INT. Can you explain that to me.

Nook and I were on Aes. It was a goddamn coin flip that ensured we didn't lose the game right there. How can you even scum read me at this point is beyond me.
Durga

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Fatmo » 12 Jul 2019, 04:32

Durga wrote:Okay - in all seriousness.

Go back and read my interactions with Aes and explain to me how I can be scum. Because that interaction should be proof to you that it was not scum v scum.

In fact, I'm shocked that you came into this thread still thinking that after how the last day transpired.

You're telling me that neither scum tried to seriously go for a mislynch last day? You're joking right?

The three-three tie is obviously because Nook didn't have CHA he has INT.... Right? I don't understand the conclusion that Aes must have had INT. Can you explain that to me.

Nook and I were on Aes. It was a goddamn coin flip that ensured we didn't lose the game right there. How can you even scum read me at this point is beyond me.

Interesting point about neither scum trying to get a mislynch. But I do think the way Aes switched from his vote on you for the reasons he gave looked like he would rather have tried for Nook, especially since conq and I had both been suspicious of him. Him doing that made me want to steer the lynch away from Nook, so maybe Aes felt like he had to bus you at that point. And I feel like if Aes had gotten you lynched and you flipped scum, Aes probably keeps me alive because he had me buddied decently well. He’d have built some credit.

Durga, I don’t think that’s right about Nook lying about his power. The vote as it was was 3-2 to lynch you. Nook had charisma and took my vote, making it 3-2 to lynch Aes. Why would Nook lie about the nature of his vote shenanigans? Do you think it’s more likely he lied about that as guaranteed town than guaranteed scum Aes just lying about his interject being active? Why would Nook go through that headache all day in saying he had charisma and brought all that heat on himself if he didn’t feel he had to? That doesn’t make much sense to me.

Oh also, I know this is more circumstantial, but as I was franticly constantly refreshing the page for half an hour waiting for the official lynch/flip, I noticed Aes was constantly there as well. That also made me think he had that active, and therefore knew that the vote would end up tied. If he’s scum and has seen for hours he’d be the lynch, why stick on the page and keep watching that closely? Lol it’s not like he was waiting around as town for a flip on someone else and wanted to know if they would flip town or scum. I think he knew he had to intellect active and knew it would tie, so he legit knew it would be a coin flip over if he lived or died.

I’ll go back and look at those interactions. I just don’t have the time this phase that I had last phase.

But...maybe...could you point to some stuff and talk me through what you were thinking during those interactions? I feel Luke if you’re town, you haven’t really made that very obvious.

I do remember that one time Aes was backing me up about something, and you did jump in and say something like “He’s so obviously buddying you!” So that was indeed true. What I can’t be sure of is if you knew that was true or not. You also started saying you found conq suspicious. Can you go back and actually point to why?

So anyway, other than your interactions with Aes, I’d need you to actually make a plausible case on conq. Do you have one? Can you point to some stuff?

You’re telling me to go back and look at stuff and I should get to the correct conclusion that you’re town. I’m asking you to kind of help. You ought to want to do that. I’ve had a hard time reading both you and conq in past games. But in this individual game, so far, I’ve found Conq has seemed townier than you by a pretty wide margin
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

Postby Conq » 12 Jul 2019, 05:32

Hey. Let’s freaking win.

I have no powers active. Boooo.

So, I know five alignments, with two to sort. I need to re-read the game with all this in mind. I have to be honest, I completely ignored the game for the last 24 hours because I was tired of it, and I figured the game might just end on night actions or day rolls anyway. Seems like we need to play it out.

I definitely lean towards a Durga/Aesch scumteam cross-bussing all day yesterday. I think it makes sense because (a) they didn’t really have any viable mislynch targets once they knew Nook had CHA, and (b) they probably thought that both Nook and I had CHA active for most of the day which would have really restricted their ability to get a mislynch.

But, I’m going to try to re-read the game with fresh eyes. I’m sure I’ll have some questions to ask tomorrow.
Conq
Premium Member

Standard rating: 2410
All-game rating: 2575

Postby Durga » 12 Jul 2019, 05:58

Conq

Town Conq would know I'm town here. Town Conq would not be tired of the game if we just lynched scum. Scum Conq would be upset that his team member got lynched because of a coin flip. This is scum Conq.

More later. I'll respond to you later Fatmo but please reread the thread with an open mind.
Durga

Postby Conq » 12 Jul 2019, 06:06

Yeah yeah. I took a deposition all day yesterday. I don’t think that taking a day off is AI. What else ya got?

Also, how sure are you?
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Durga » 12 Jul 2019, 06:08

Conq wrote:Yeah yeah. I took a deposition all day yesterday. I don’t think that taking a day off is AI. What else ya got?

Also, how sure are you?

Taking a day off isn't. Your reaction is.

I'm about 70 percent it's you and not Fatmo. I need to reread
Durga

Postby Conq » 12 Jul 2019, 06:13

Also, Here is a story about me. I didn’t realize the coin flip was part of the game. I just sort of skimmed the flavor and I didn’t realize that a coin flip was a tie-breaker. But I just confirmed with UFO that the tie was not flavor, it was a real thing, and so that’s weird.

I’ll admit: I also spent half of Night 1 thinking that Sjg flipped scum because I saw the “Evil Person” and I did not read the “Not” part because I am generally impatient and I guess I saw what I wanted to see.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Conq » 12 Jul 2019, 06:20

So, here is a thing. If Aesch had Intelligence, then it actually mattered whose vote Nook controlled. Because if Nook controlled Aeschine’s vote, it would have been 4-2 rather than 3-3. So, that just pings me a bit with Fatmo kind of urging Nook to say which vote he controlled.

And also, I think Scum were less likely to cross-bus if they had an active voting power. So, that is interesting too.

Need to re-read, but my mind is “opener” if Aesch had active Intel, which seems guaranteed.
Conq
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads