Life After Death Mafia

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: Life After Death Mafia

Postby Nanook » 05 Jun 2019, 20:35

Well that’s shitty, scum should have to kill if we do.

At any rate—ZZ you’ve got about 24 hours to show me the light if you’re town, otherwise my vote is on you too.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Fatmo » 06 Jun 2019, 07:03

shadowface wrote:Because he's just the last scum. I have to go to school right now but when I get a couple hours I'll make a case so monstrously large your hand will get tired of scrolling by the end of it.

In another time I would No-TK endlessly. But I'm flying to Europe in 2 days, I want this game done. And Zoomzip is just the last scum.

I've been pretty busy today, but will also try to get some points of my own in on ZZ tomorrow. Looking forward to yours.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby shadowface » 06 Jun 2019, 08:54

13 Reasons Why (Zoomzip should be killed):

1. He doesn't even consider the Telleo lynch when everyone else in the town is voting there for most of the whole day. In all his posts this is the only mention of reading Telleo at all. And he's definitely not considering it there, just brushing it off.

2. To paraphrase our lord and savior sjg, ZZ is basically slipping up yesterday when towards the end he has a ranty focus on justifying his vote on nanook as opposed to a legit thought process.

3. When I baited with a Fatmo vote yesterday, Nanook showed no interest in switching to Fatmo. If he's scum I don't think he'd close that door.

4. Telleo's reaction to my bait:
Telleo wrote:I’m still here, just fighting through shitty convention center WiFi and trying to not ignore my sisters graduation entirely. I’m glad you’ve seen reason on me, that gives me hope for this game yet.

Mind you I don't know exactly what he was thinking here, because his view was plainly contradictory as I showed right at the end of the day and there was never time for him to attempt an answer. BUT one thing that's for sure is that if they were a scum team, me voting for Fatmo is not 'seeing reason' or giving him a hope for the game. That comment to me really looks like scum/town.

Zoomzip wrote:Heh, all that and I didn't format a vote on Nook.

The goal of making a case is not to place a vote, it's to solve the game when you're town. This pinged me at the time... the way he made his nanook case seemed wrongly motivated. Certainly not investigative. He really wasn't more curious about the game than that?

Zoomzip wrote:But... dude, we have a legit readable moment with Nook and him acting as blustery as possible to get through it. No way I let that pass. Plus, you know, he's right, there must be scum in the Mediums, and... Well, there we are.

This crappy logic again? What a horrible reason that would have been to vote of Telleo! Yeesh.

7. Nook's point from yesterday: who else is able to run the tables up until yesterday like this? ZZ/Telleo makes the most sense.

8. It's pretty obvious that scum was going for the 'lynch nanook because he's abrasive and easy to mislynch' strategy yesterday. God knows I've done that to varying degrees of effect. I'd think they were probably trying to nab my vote since I usually omgus nanook. Not today.

9. Telleo (3): Fatmo, Nanooktheeskimo, Shadowface
Nanooktheeskimo (2): Zoomzip, Telleo

I know vote data can be interpreted and WIFOMed different ways, but that looks like a solid effort to continue power wolfing. ZZ and scumTelleo voting together every day, yikes. It makes sense they would do this strategy, too, given that they are both stronger players. And it would have worked too if it hadn't been for us meddling kids.

Zoomzip wrote:And, like, that’s worth a look. Totes. But someone hold nook to account. Thank you.

If it's worth a look, why not look? Honestly, the ZZ/Telleo interactions here alone are pretty much enough to be a death knell to him.

11. ZZ dislikes being scum and he sees awfully pissed off yesterday. As town why is he angry even? He should have just been solving. Even if he is so convinced nanook is scum he shouldn't be angry, we could all be onto nook's buddy. But him being annoyed is the meta I'd expect. ZZ just isn't a natural bad guy.

12. ZZ, while he had a case yesterday, was incredibly lacking in paranoia towards me, fatmo, or telleo. Why isn't he even considering us for scum?

13. Fatmo seems like town. Nanook seems like town. Ergo POE.

I won't elaborate too much on these because I don't think there's much argument here. If someone wants to make the argument, go for it. Or we just wrap this up and kill ZZ. I'm very willing to bet the game on this case at this point.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1

The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby Zoomzip » 06 Jun 2019, 16:14

Hey all, my apologies, I seem to have come down with a thing. Point being, I was prepared to lose this game to Nook yesterday, and I am prepared to lose it today. I readily acknowledge that me not being on the Telleo vote looks pretty fricking awful. Noted, accepted. Fatmo's argument of us moving alongside is reasonable, even if it is at odds with my later day scum play in Fab. V (bussing dodgy) or MU Champions (bussing divagreen to buff her retroactively).

There is going to have to be a discussion in the AAR about certain things. The idea that a town is going to lose a game by not voting for the one person whose behavior is the most blatantly scummy in favor of a "this game was too good" idea on D3 is ridiculous. At least, now, on D4 there's a legit argument that I was potentially defending Telleo. OK, I can see that one, but D3 I was a ridiculous vote.

Nook is not town. He is not engaging in serious discussion as town should. He will enable your ideas, egg you on, but the moment the spotlight turns to him it is all out panic. He should clearly be carrying a sign that says "I am the last scum"

Nook
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

Postby Nanook » 06 Jun 2019, 18:07

Zoomzip

I still have a niggling doubt that shadow has completely pulled the wool over our eyes, but I guess it doesn’t matter at this point. Let’s get this over with.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby shadowface » 06 Jun 2019, 18:26

Zoomzip, you do realize that telleo flipped scum right? Nanook was on that lynch. Hard to contend he is batshit crazy yesterday, especially without any sort of reflection on what went wrong with your reads yesterday.

Also I made a massive case against you. The lack of response means I'll take it you're more or less conceding here. That's fine, if you respond though I will gladly talk about it.

shadowface

Postby shadowface » 06 Jun 2019, 18:27

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Zoomzip

I still have a niggling doubt that shadow has completely pulled the wool over our eyes, but I guess it doesn’t matter at this point. Let’s get this over with.

Haha I wish this was my scum game :D

shadowface

Postby Nanook » 06 Jun 2019, 23:09

UFO would like an end day vote, but that requires unanimity so I think it’s kind of pointless.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Fatmo » 08 Jun 2019, 04:58

shadowface wrote:Zoomzip

Because he's just the last scum. I have to go to school right now but when I get a couple hours I'll make a case so monstrously large your hand will get tired of scrolling by the end of it.

In another time I would No-TK endlessly. But I'm flying to Europe in 2 days, I want this game done. And Zoomzip is just the last scum.

Oh and where are you going in Europe?!
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Nanook » 08 Jun 2019, 06:36

Does anybody have cake?
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin