Christmas Time Is Here Again (Scum Win)

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: Christmas Time Is Here Again (Day 4)

Postby kimpossible » 05 Jan 2019, 04:07

Myloninja13 wrote:I bring good news guys! After a quick pM through discord, i asked nook if what i said above was possible. Luckily, he said Yes! If y'all lynch me, we can stop the grinch from Nk'ing otherwise the Grinch would die!

Hang on. You're saying we can prevent a NK by pushing the Grinch off our roofs? But then whoever pushes the Grinch becomes the Grinch.

So if you are town, say we drop to a 1:2 ratio after the lynch and then both townies check their roof. One of them becomes the Grinch, and that's game over and a scum victory. How does that help us?
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Myloninja13 » 05 Jan 2019, 04:10

kimpossible wrote:
Myloninja13 wrote:I bring good news guys! After a quick pM through discord, i asked nook if what i said above was possible. Luckily, he said Yes! If y'all lynch me, we can stop the grinch from Nk'ing otherwise the Grinch would die!

Hang on. You're saying we can prevent a NK by pushing the Grinch off our roofs? But then whoever pushes the Grinch becomes the Grinch.

So if you are town, say we drop to a 1:2 ratio after the lynch and then both townies check their roof. One of them becomes the Grinch, and that's game over and a scum victory. How does that help us?

Well then wouldn't the Grinch avoid pushing because otherwise THEY'D die!

Please
Myloninja13

Postby kimpossible » 05 Jan 2019, 04:34

Myloninja13 wrote:
kimpossible wrote:

Please

Okay, I'm checking this with the GM, but my assumption was that the player would retain their win condition, so by dying and creating a new Grinch, they would win the game immediately.

Her?
kimpossible

Postby Myloninja13 » 05 Jan 2019, 04:37

kimpossible wrote:
Myloninja13 wrote:
kimpossible wrote:Hang on. You're saying we can prevent a NK by pushing the Grinch off our roofs? But then whoever pushes the Grinch becomes the Grinch.

Please

Okay, I'm checking this with the GM, but my assumption was that the player would retain their win condition, so by dying and creating a new Grinch, they would win the game immediately.

Yeah that's true, I was trying one last minute attempt to fool scum sorry :( I PM'd Nook hoping he'd say good news but he said that dead grinch's can still win so there's no downside.

I had a post typed out saying that but then I realised scum MIGHT not know this! So I decided given it seemed like I was sure to be lynched that scum might be worried and not NK, even though they could and win! But I didn't know how to hint at town to go long with me and get scum not to notice (That's what the 'please' was for).
Myloninja13

Postby Myloninja13 » 05 Jan 2019, 04:40

I put a hint in the original post that I hoped a town player would notice, read every capital letter:

Sorry it didn't work, I should've anticipated you'd be too smart haha.
Myloninja13

Postby Subotai45 » 05 Jan 2019, 05:08

Yeah but man, you really don’t seem like you know how the rules work, so my immediate thought isn’t “Mylo doing a play on the scum” it’s “goddamn dude just read the rules already”
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby Myloninja13 » 05 Jan 2019, 05:19

Subotai45 wrote:Yeah but man, you really don’t seem like you know how the rules work, so my immediate thought isn’t “Mylo doing a play on the scum” it’s “goddamn dude just read the rules already”

Oh.

Fair I suppose haha
Myloninja13

Postby Myloninja13 » 05 Jan 2019, 05:19

Wait, I'm actually on at the same time as someone else yayyyyy!

Sub, how you feeling?
Myloninja13

Postby kimpossible » 05 Jan 2019, 06:25

I have just no idea what to make of this. It was not a great scum trap, but I can't tell if it's "bad scum trap earnestly made" or "bad attempt to seem townie."

Her?
kimpossible

Postby Subotai45 » 05 Jan 2019, 07:04

Myloninja13 wrote:Wait, I'm actually on at the same time as someone else yayyyyy!

Sub, how you feeling?

I scumread you both (Joe and you).

The Agi shit is small but consistently damning. Your own engagement has had a few bright points, but is largely the same sort of active lurking I called you out for in Dune. You were town, so I'm trying to cut you slack in terms of the nature of how you play the game, because that could just be consistent across alignment. But your rule … ignorance, on reflection, honestly feels way more like an attempt to make fake townslips than something any reasonably involved and mechanically competent townie could think. I'll get to Joe later, but our confusion over order of operations - a consistent set of which does not appear to exist - is a fairly niche issue that isn't in the rules published and needed GM clarification. You straight-up have no gosh-darn idea how the pushing/gift mechanic works, and that's pretty integral to this game. I also don't know what to make of your relationship with Ae. It seems pretty hard buddying to be

It's hard cuz I don't love Joe either. His case against me was utter nonsense and I think him going for the easiest targets IS scummy, which is why I'm wary of lynching you. I pushed you hard in Dune and you might, I guess, just have a style of play that seems real scummy to me. However, I recognize a lot of my scummy-meter is OMGUS against Joe, so I'm having a hard time figuring out how much of my case actually holds up in any kind of impartial look. His arguemnet about wincons is pretty weird, I don't get it, I don't know if it's fake scum or I'm just confused.

Kim I'm not even townreading as hard as I mightve. Grinch clearly wants to be in a holding pattern, and was in no rush to win the game. I still townread her, though, because even without the single-handedly killing scum, she feels townier than both of you.

I dunno. Fuck. Her not dying is really weird from last night. And the Aeschines case really came out of the blue, which would be easy if she knew.

I just have a hard time seeing the game where Kim is scum and we had the misfortune to have Joe "Subs saved the town so must be scum" Hoya and Agi "I am scum, look at my sig" Mandur / Mylo "Never read the rules" Ninja, in addition to the dearly departed from earlier in the game.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads