Dune Mafia (Day Four)

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Dune Mafia (Day Four)

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 13 Dec 2018, 08:01

A beginning is a very delicate time. Know then that it is the year 10,191. The Known Universe is ruled by the Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV, my father. In this time, the most precious substance in the universe is the spice Melange. The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel. The Spacing Guild and its navigators, who the spice has mutated over 4,000 years, use the orange spice gas, which gives them the ability to fold space. That is, travel to any part of universe without moving.
Oh, yes. I forgot to tell you — the spice exists on only one planet in the entire universe. A desolate, dry planet with vast deserts. Hidden away within the rocks of these deserts are a people known as the Fremen, who have long held a prophecy that a man would come, a messiah who would lead them to true freedom. The planet is Arrakis, also known as Dune.

So it begins...

This is the gamethread for Dune mafia. I will be editing this periodically to reflect changes in the game.

Rules:
Dune Mafia
The teams will be House Atreides (town) and House Harkonnen Conspiracy (mafia)

Everyone will be assigned a unique character from the Dune universe. Powers/alignment will be loosely correlated with lore, allowing for some GM interpretation. A Dune Wiki can be found here for those of you who have not read the book. Alternately watch the movie.

The mafia will get a NK at night, and (at least some) players on both factions will be able to carry out other actions at night.

There are no third parties, conversions, nor victory conditions beyond standard eliminate the mafia/achieve parity with the town.

There are no N0 actions, only wolfchat

When someone dies their character name and alignment will be revealed, their powers or lack thereof will not

Voting and the Lynch
Vote in thread by using large font and red. Whoever has the most votes at end of day will be lynched. If I am late to close the thread you can continue talking/voting until I do.

If there is a tie, whomever has been in the lead longer (continuously) will be lynched. In other words, if it's a 4-4 tie whomever got to 4 votes first would be lynched. Hopefully this is clear, if not let me know. This is different from the norm of random.org but imo is more interesting.

You can vote to 'end day' with large and blue. It requires 2/3rds rounded up to happen, and as with the normal deadline the thread is open and votes are real until the I call end day.

No lynch is a valid vote
Standard Stuff
Don't post in thread during night. Please post at least one every 24 hours, and ideally more than once, during the day phase.

If you must sub out please let me know via PM and don't talk about it in thread.

Don't edit posts.

Don't be a jerk or use any bigoted language.

GM Posts
Roster:
  1. Conq NK N3 - Duke Leto Atreides
  2. sjg11
  3. Zoomzip NK N1 - Paul Atreides
  4. UFO Fever
  5. Fatmo
  6. Nanook
  7. Durga Lynched D2 - Feyd Rautha
  8. Keirador Lynched D1 - Duncan Idaho
  9. Dwiltse1114 Subotai45 Lynched D3 - Jamis
  10. Myloninja13
  11. Agnimandur NK N2 - Liet Kynes

We are currently in Day 4. Day 4 will end 12/30 at 11:00 AM PT
Last edited by UpsideDownChuck on 27 Dec 2018, 21:14, edited 16 times in total.
UpsideDownChuck

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1409
All-game rating: 1427
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Dune Mafia (Night Zero)

Postby Agnimandur » 14 Dec 2018, 01:34

Why did you put links to each person's username.
Have you ever watched the movie Cinderella backwards? It's about a woman who learns her place.

Liet Kynes in Dune Mafia
Christmas Enthusiast in Christmas Mafia
Willow Rosenberg in Fable 12 Mafia
Rupert Giles in Fable 13 Mafia
Agnimandur

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (965)
All-game rating: (964)
Timezone: GMT

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 14 Dec 2018, 02:44

Please don't post during night zero, I should have made that explicit. If you have questions feel free to PM me though. But those links will be the isos and will allow people to search posts by author
UpsideDownChuck

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 14 Dec 2018, 18:00

D1 has begun, you may now start posting
UpsideDownChuck

Re: Dune Mafia (Day One)

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Dec 2018, 18:11

Good morning all. My name is ZoomZip, perferred pronouns are he/him or their/their. A pleasure to join you all. Special hellos to Durga, Myloninja13, and Aginmadur with whom I do not beleive I have played before.

Item 1: NO YOLO REVEALS. GM has emphasized that this is a minimum information game. IF we reveal, we do it as a town. To new players, be aware that even asking questions may be revealing information. For instance "May we should reveal what we can do at might" might, for instance, reveal that you can do something at night, marking you out as a player with special skills.

Item 2: I have both an alignment (Atriedes/Town) but also an Investigative Reveal alignment (Also Atriedes/Town). This leads me to the following conclusions:
1) There is probably a role that has an investigation to obtain an Investrigation (aka a Cop)
2) There may be roles that futz with those alignments. For instance, millers (Town players that IR As scum) and godfathers (Scum players that IR As town). Leading me to Item 3...

Item 3: Anyone whose IR is not the same as their actual alignment should reveal that and only that. This helps clarify what will happen for investigations. Before anyone just does this, wait for others to discuss and agree or disagree with this point and for some form of consensus to develop. This concludes my mechanics analysis.

Item 4: Vote early. Vote often. Conq
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Dec 2018, 18:13

they/their
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

Postby Nanook » 14 Dec 2018, 18:45

Let’s do this thing. Customary Sjg vote is customary.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby Conq » 14 Dec 2018, 19:05

Wow. I feel such freedom to write whatever I want, whether it rhymes or not. I can even vote!

Myloninja is #obvscum. He has not yet posted a two hour video of him analyzing the thread.
Conq
Premium Member

Standard rating: 2410
All-game rating: 2575
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Conq » 14 Dec 2018, 19:35

Zoomzip wrote:Item 3: Anyone whose IR is not the same as their actual alignment should reveal that and only that. This helps clarify what will happen for investigations. Before anyone just does this, wait for others to discuss and agree or disagree with this point and for some form of consensus to develop. This concludes my mechanics analysis.

I agree. If you know that your investigative reveal alignment is different than your actual alignment, you should make that clear on Day 1. I will not yet say if mine differs, until other folks weigh in.
Conq
Premium Member

Standard rating: 2410
All-game rating: 2575
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Keirador » 14 Dec 2018, 19:48

I see no reason not to call for millers to reveal.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Next

Return to Game Threads