Martial Law Mafia - Day 4

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Martial Law Mafia - Day 4

Postby Fatmo » 03 Dec 2018, 09:00

Telleo wrote:These are really odd things that you've said,
You talk like you don't know who's dead,
But you assume Milo will die,
then barely say why,
and explain the logic for Conq's death instead?

This feels like you want me to think you're clueless,
When in reality your case is quite useless.


I, as well as Milo, assumed Milo would die. I knew it would be either him or Conq, but assumed Milo. I guess I thought it was obvious why I thought it would be Milo over Conq. And obviously no one night kills me because the other townie has said they think I'm scum. So you know you stand the best chance to get the last mislynch of the game on me.

He was the player that you, Conq, and I all townread the hardest.

I also thought Conq was leaning towards scumreading me the hardest by the EOD, though both he and Milo were doing so to some extent. But I thought you'd have an easier time convincing Conq rather than Milo that I'm scum because of the EOD yesterday.

Part of my case against you today is that Conq was being super solvey yesterday and that stopped you from voting him. I guess in that context, it makes sense to kill him last night for scum you, but I just thought Conq had put himself out there more as believing I'm scum, so you'd just milk that.

Telleo wrote:This doesn't align with your vote yesterday -
It seems to me a clear misplay -
If Conq deserves the scum win more than I,
then why did you vote his train over mine?


I was writing that message assuming for the most part that Conq would be the recipient and not Milo, but of course I couldn't be sure. That's why it might get a bit confusing, since sometimes I was trying to basically talk directly to Conq, while at other times I'm writing to either him or Milo. But I wanted to explain my reasons that I thought Conq was scum yesterday, but during the night reassessed. As you can see, upon reflection last night, I'm townreading him hard. And now I see I was completely correct. But if he had been scum, he would have played a pretty good game. He almost certainly wouldn't have been lynched today. And he took away all suspicion I had for him. I was completely wrong yesterday. That was my bad, and thankfully Milo saved the game.

Telleo wrote: Ok, before I go on about my feelings on Conq and Telleo, I want to explain just why I'm so confused and disappointed. First of all, FUCK YES WE GOT ONE SCUM! But now, I'm incredibly aware that, in most logical interpretations I can think of, there's very few ways to look at the votes yesterday and not assume scum Fatmo, just based on the votes.

I know the other remaining town player doesn't know or believe this, but I'm town. But looking at the votes yesterday, how do I argue this? The truth is that I have pretty much NO IDEA how we are even in this next day. The one way I think of, again, points at Telleo scum being scared that Conq was being so solvey.



I mean, again, right here, this guy
reads like he knew Conq was gonna die.


Huh? How? You're confusing me thinking of why you didn't vote for him to be lynched with thinking of why you'd nightkill him. And you're doing it on purpose.

Telleo wrote:You say you don't meta read, but you're dropping the blame,
Tryna say I'm making up my meta,
But you gotta do betta,
Back that up with a letta,
About WHY that's not just true,
It the work that you've got to do.


I'm saying I don't generally do it. It's not something I'm used to. But I'm making a go at it. And I think I have some good points. Of course you're going to say my points against you make no sense. I feel your points against me make no sense.

Telleo wrote:It's not. If I'd wanted to switch to Conq, I could have,
And if I'd been scum trying to win, I would have.
You're making excuses trying to trap me in my vote to rue,
But the real reason I didn't vote Conq was that I didn't want to.


I'm saying I think you didn't vote Conq because you knew he'd get suspicious in real time at EOD. When he, Milo, and I were all active.

Telleo wrote:Not until yesterday, where your vote was based,
On not liking the way I voted someone you thought town-faced


What? Do you mean the vote I put on you today? Because my vote yesterday for Conq had nothing to do with your vote for Kim. I'd already voted Conq when you voted Kim. I don't understand what you're saying here.

Telleo wrote:My restriction is real, unlike your nonsense


I don't understand why you'd think I made up my restriction. Lol it's a really shitty one to make up and follow through with. I'll give you the point that poetry would be incredibly hard for me, but at the same time, I've gathered evidence it's not as hard for you. And something you might have thought of using the same thought process it appears Kim went through in choosing both of her fake restrictions.

Also, you're really good at it lol. You and Conq both get serious props.

Telleo wrote:Like... I guess Scum!Milo can't kill you or me,
That would have caught too many eyes, he wouldn't be free.
But like, also... I still don't see him posting,
those videos, they seem quite real,
If he's scum, he'll have a lot of boasting,
but I'm pretty confident I should stick to my first scum-feel.


Wow. This may be the closest we've ever been to being on the same page about anything. I was assuming you'd go on some angry rant about this, but you actually engaged with a thought of mine. I wish we'd been able to do this more. Even though you're scum. Perhaps in some future game, now that maybe we'll have a better understanding of one another once this one is over.

Honestly, I'd have been open to exploring the option that Milo could be scum, even with those videos, though that made everyone including me townread him more than anyone else left by yesterday. We have plenty of time today and each of us only has two options to vote for. The final nail in the coffin for me is his last minute vote for Kim instead of Conq. I see no reason for him to do that unless he literally just wants the entertainment of watching us go after each other on the last day for fun. Lol so I don't think that's a possibility even in the slightest. But yea, he can boast and I'm sure we'll have a laugh about it if somehow it turns out he really is scum. I'm pretty certain it's you though.

Ask me anything Milo.

PPE: Ahh, so you're gonna re-read Sinny/Milo after all? Do you really think there's any possibility he's scum even with the last minute vote for Kim when a Conq vote would have won the game for scum immediately? Just as a thought exercise, can you think of why he would do that, other than the entertainment theory I put forward? Shits and giggles?

I'll admit that I like your tone better today than any other day. But both of us still seem pretty certain about the other, and it's been that way for a while. I already did my ISO of you during the night.

I'll do my due dilligence and also go back and take a look. And listen to his audiocasts again. We do have time. Those were pretty helpful anyway, and I caught a lot of stuff following along. Let's let each other know if we see or hear anything worthy of discussion. It kind of sucks he can't really be quoted easily and with Sinny it's just a bunch of memes, but oh well.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
User avatar
Fatmo
 
Posts: 3776
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 21:28
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Martial Law Mafia - Day 4

Postby shadowface » 03 Dec 2018, 21:04

35 hours until the outcome of game is decided.

No pressure.



(apologies for the inexcusably 80's music video, I can't do much about that though)
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 5506
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Toronto
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Martial Law Mafia - Day 4

Postby Myloninja13 » 03 Dec 2018, 23:06

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 8.05.42 am.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 8.05.42 am.png (23.97 KiB) Viewed 767 times
Myloninja13
 
Posts: 507
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 06:45

Re: Martial Law Mafia - Day 4

Postby Myloninja13 » 04 Dec 2018, 02:08

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 11.07.30 am.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 11.07.30 am.png (18.84 KiB) Viewed 745 times
Myloninja13
 
Posts: 507
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 06:45

Re: Martial Law Mafia - Day 4

Postby Myloninja13 » 04 Dec 2018, 03:08

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 12.06.58 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 12.06.58 pm.png (148.1 KiB) Viewed 744 times
Myloninja13
 
Posts: 507
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 06:45

Re: Martial Law Mafia - Day 4

Postby Myloninja13 » 04 Dec 2018, 06:02

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 3.02.08 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 3.02.08 pm.png (20.73 KiB) Viewed 726 times
Myloninja13
 
Posts: 507
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 06:45

Re: Martial Law Mafia - Day 4

Postby Fatmo » 04 Dec 2018, 09:14

Past 8 so I can post again.

Ok, about why scum Telleo night kills Conq over you:

I can think of a couple of reasons.

One is what you point out, and what you've seen me point out. Conq was harder in his scumread of me than you were, and made it pretty obvious by the end. That's actually why lots of my long message was kind of aimed at him. I thought it would be him I had to convince. But since everyone could see how hard he was reading me, Telleo could easily kill him so that you think I did because of his hard read on me.

The other is just how solvey Conq got on D3, and how he turned the tables on Kim all of a sudden seemingly out of left field. She might have been worried Conq might see something over the night for her like he did with Kim.

Another factor perhaps was that it's a bit easier for Conq and I to communicate with and quote one another, since we were both able to type on the forums and stuff. And we were occasionally able to be on at the same time. He was one of the only people I was able to communicate in real time for at least a couple hours a night after I could start posting. She might have thought that more conversation and questioning could lead to Conq figuring her out during the course of D4.

Ok, about what scum me might have done yesterday about the conq vs kim thing.

I think I've explained why I think Telleo would have voted Kim even though she was scum.

As for me, I guess I would have done one of two things.

Also keep in mind that the timing for Telleo and I is/was different. Both because of my restriction and timezone differences. Her thing says she's in GMT. I'm in GMT-8. You're in Australia. So we're all in very different places, and I can't even post half the time anyway.

I think the fact that she couldn't be around for EOD, while you, Conq, and I were, was a factor in her vote. She couldn't switch at the last minute without us being able to see it and react to it. Because EOD I believe is at something like 5 in the morning for her.

Anyway, one thing scum me might have done would honestly be pretty much what I did, in defending Kim and trying to make a case against Conq that hopefully you buy. But I would have played a very different game until that point. That post Conq pointed out where I isolated myself with Kim somewhere around page ten or eleven of the thread. I never would have done something like that. I'd have been more worried that I was already sticking out and in danger of being lynched (I was in the most danger most of D1), so I wouldn't have wanted to hint about connections between me and Kim, lest Kim be scumread after I was lynched. I would have tried to play in a way that I didn't stick out like a sore thumb. I would have made a less ridiculous restriction than mine, which doesn't really fit in with the others as the only time-based restriction. I wouldn't have been wishy washy about reveals. I also probably would have tried to actively defend Kim with more evidence instead of just saying basically "I don't see any evidence and I think Kim seems more genuine and Conq is hamming it up." I had a kneejerk reaction to the Kim/Conq fight, feeling like scum Conq was gunning for town Kim and the scum win. I looked for a lot of evidence of scum Conq, but didn't really work hard enough to try to prove a town Kim. That would have been a more active goal for scummy me.

The other thing scum me might have done, given the context of the rest of the game, might have been to just vote Telleo and try to push her harder as an alternative wagon given our pretty much constant antagonism. I would have not wanted to be seen as blatantly joining up with Kim if I thought the argument against her was good. And when I looked back last night after Kim's flip I realized it was good and I was just flat-out wrong. As you saw as well during the EOD. So spreading out the votes and separating myself from that fight might have been a good play instead of jumping right into it not yet knowing where you and Telleo would fall in the Kim/Conq fight (since I reacted there first and made it 2-1 Conq). I could have easily basically been lazy and said "I still have Telleo as my biggest scumread so my vote stays on her." If things had set themselves up so I could have snuck in at the last minute and broken a tie between Kim and Conq to lynch Conq, I'd have just done that. And if it ended up being 3-1 for Kim getting lynched over Conq, I just keep my vote stuck on Telleo and say I'm convinced she's the other scum. This would have been a better way for me to reasonably blend in than taking the huge risk of sticking my neck out for Kim and pushing a Conq lynch, knowing as scum would know that Conq's argument against Kim was sound.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
User avatar
Fatmo
 
Posts: 3776
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 21:28
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Martial Law Mafia - Day 4

Postby Fatmo » 04 Dec 2018, 09:30

Fatmo wrote: That post Conq pointed out where I isolated myself with Kim somewhere around page ten or eleven of the thread. I never would have done something like that. I'd have been more worried that I was already sticking out and in danger of being lynched (I was in the most danger most of D1), so I wouldn't have wanted to hint about connections between me and Kim, lest Kim be scumread after I was lynched.


Here's what I was talking about. Already had one vote on me, with Telleo already claiming to be suspicious of me and Nook pushing hardest for me to be lynched. I think I already put this in another post but might as well refer to it again here just to be clear. Why would I draw attention to my scum partner like this when I'm one of the more likely people to be lynched?

Conq wrote:File this quote from Fatmo in the "Weeeeell...it might not be Kim/Fatmo" bin,
On page 10 he says this about him and Kim.

Fatmo wrote:I’ve noticed Telleo has been pretty quiet since it became clear that most people with non-obvious restrictions don’t want to reveal. I guess Kim and I were the ones with the least blatantly obvious restrictions to reveal. I’d like to hear some more from Telleo. Let’s move on from the way the game started and move forward from where we find ourselves now.

To me, it would be a bit unusual for scum to isolate themselves in that way,
Like, grouping you and your partner is the last thing that you want to say.

Not conclusive, and I still peg Fatmo for scum 2,
But...just something to file; like a melody to hum to.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
User avatar
Fatmo
 
Posts: 3776
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 21:28
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Martial Law Mafia - Day 4

Postby Fatmo » 04 Dec 2018, 12:16

Ok, I'm going to sleep soon.

Probably won't be up in time to talk at the end of my night talking time, so may not be able to react to anything until two hours before EOD.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
User avatar
Fatmo
 
Posts: 3776
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 21:28
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Martial Law Mafia - Day 4

Postby Telleo » 04 Dec 2018, 15:37

Well, I've got mail,
I'll get there soon without fail,
Today's been a drag,
So I've no cause to brag,
I've not yet reread 'Mo
But I started with Milo,
And I'm happy calling him town.
Sinny started, kinda hard to read, like a clown with a frown,
But as is stated, that's a tough restriction to pick if it's fake.
When Milo switches in, I like his new take,
The way he gets around his restriction
Is elegant, not fiction,
Plus the videos he creates are well kempt
Like... MAYBE scum makes that attempt,
But they can't fake the honesty in his voice,
If they can, well... that's one hell of a choice.
Did he write out a script?
If he did, he'd be in a crypt.
That can't be faked,
No way, it's well-baked.

So, let's get on with the show,
Today my votes on Fatmo.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 5367
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

cron